Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #16  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Yes I am. I do not have a coach yet, we cannot go until Mid Oct when DH will not be working during the hours our little center is open. The reasons why I am asking is because I need a little extra protein to help curb my appetite that's all.

I attended an Info meeting on IP, and they said vegetarians can do it too, and boca and morning star are made for vegans and vegetarians. Since they are a form of protein I just wanted to know if one was more acceptable to eat than the other.

I have a supply of packets for 6 months maybe 7 months, 24+ boxes of the snacks (each) and the remaining a mix of items, we have started minus the coach.

I do not always have left over meat from the night before than I can heat up and I am not crazy about eggs either (whites I can handle once in a while) so I am sorry if my questions upset you.

No worries, just didn't want to lead you astray is all. I'm a vegetarian and doing IP with alternatives. Usually I have a quest bar for breakfast, but do occasionally have an egg with two whites. If you are on your first week, some coaches suggest adding a packet if you are starving and most clinics allow two egg whites as freebies. Also depending on your starting weight, you can have an additional packet. All this is dependent upon your coach & clinic of course. Seems to be some latitude in following the protocol. Good luck!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
No worries, just didn't want to lead you astray is all. I'm a vegetarian and doing IP with alternatives. Usually I have a quest bar for breakfast, but do occasionally have an egg with two whites. If you are on your first week, some coaches suggest adding a packet if you are starving and most clinics allow two egg whites as freebies. Also depending on your starting weight, you can have an additional packet. All this is dependent upon your coach & clinic of course. Seems to be some latitude in following the protocol. Good luck!
THank you for being such a sweet heart!!

I am not a vegetarian but I could be if wanted to lOL. I just look for freebie or extras to use as a smidge of protein in the AM to keep me going for a good part of the day (untl lunch LOL)

But I do have a cup of tea with a half packet of sweetner and a sprinkling of cinnamon and that curbs my appetite for while. I do this abt 3 times a day.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I didn't think Kcandponies comment was rude at all
Even if you're doing alternative packets to IP, you would still follow the IP protocol sheet.

You would still have a packet (from one of the alternative providers) for breakfast (not boca burger/etc)
Then, only vegetarians would be making substitutions for meat (meat alternative for dinner protein).

Other than that, we follow the P1 protocol, just substituting a different brand packet for the IP brand one (one that fits the criteria on the alternative threads). If you start adding other foods, then it becomes much more gray about whether you're doing "IP" or just a low carb plan
Gotcha. This is week one so I am still learning!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Are you doing IP? All your questions about what's allowed and what isn't is covered in the info. 3 packets a day plus 4 cups veggies and 8 oz meat. I got a list if approved foods from my coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Um wow. That read pretty rude. Please remember that not everyone is doing IP from a clinic some are doing the ALT program on their own. I know personally my coach did a poor job of covering allowed proteins. I've had to ask questions and find things that work in my busy lifestyle. No one should ever be discouraged to ask questions.
Considering KC is very new to both IP and 3FCh - I'm sure she is not being rude but trying to help. She just started this month. She would not be familiar with the many adjustments that many dieters are making under the heading of Ideal Protein. If you are on an alternative plan and its working for you - great. Weight loss is the whole point after all. We probably need 2 forums. An Ideal Protein forum. And An Ideal Protein type of plan using adjustments and alternatives forum. Someone very new to IP would naturally be confused as to why people are eating quest bars and Lindora pudding and EAS shakes. I would have also expected everyone in here to be on just 3 silver packets and 4 cups of vegetables and 8oz of meat a day just like me if i were new here.

But for KC - you have just started IP and your coach I'm sure told you that cheating is not allowed. You are only allowed to eat what is on your Phase 1 paper. The answer you gave was absolutely correct based on what you learned in your clinic. Stick to that paper and don't make any adjustments without talking to your coach first. There is a thread called 100%. You may want to look at that to avoid confusion. There is also a thread for alternative products that won't apply to you unless the day comes that you choose for whatever reason to branch out from Ideal Protein. Everyone has to do what is best for their own body and weight loss. For me - i will not lose weight if i adjust the Ideal Protein formula or add packets from other companies. Hang in there! You can do this!

Last edited by Figgypudding; 09-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #20  

ok 3 silver packets a day plus a snack? I am looking at my sheets that I printed off from Lisa (sorry I feel so dumb now)
Old 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #21  

aww geez the light bulb just went off in my head good grief
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
ok 3 silver packets a day plus a snack? I am looking at my sheets that I printed off from Lisa (sorry I feel so dumb now)
3 packets plus your 8 oz meat for dinner
One if the packets IS the snack
Was that your question?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
3 packets plus your 8 oz meat for dinner
One if the packets IS the snack
Was that your question?
Yes. Thank you. I wish instead of Packet it sais snack 2 packets plus snack. but you learn as you go
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #24  

Packet for breakfast
Packet + veggies for lunch
Meat + veggies for dinner
Packet for snack

1-2 tsp oil
Salt
Lettuce
Supplements
Water

That's it, in a nutshell
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Sarahbell...sorry, did not mean to sound rude at all, but I saw 3 different questions from you, about honey, soup with carrots and then boca burgers and I didn't know what plan you were following.

My coach is pretty strict and made sure I understood all the rules. She checks my food diary and lets me know when I mess up, like eating a restricted after lunch. I have been told the diet works if you follow the plan, which I am sticking with. I have nothing against alternative folks, but I assume they are following the same plan, just different brand products.

Last edited by kcandponies; 09-19-2013 at 09:10 PM.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #26  

I have all IP products in my house. I am just doing this alone with no coach for now. So I am just putting my feelers out for a little info. As for my chicken soup I did not add the carrots LOL
Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
My coach is pretty strict and made sure I understood all the rules. She checks my food diary and lets me know when I mess up, like eating a restricted after lunch. I have been told the diet works if you follow the plan, which I am sticking with. I have nothing against alternative folks, but I assume they are following the same plan, just different brand products.
Your coaches' rule about no restricteds after lunch is a "house rule" made up by your coach, FYI.