View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is currently 72įs and sunny with a 36% chance of rain here in the ♥-Land. Will is at the museum and the dogs and cat are all snoozing outside.

We will be going on a mini vacation in Rocktober and will be gone 7th through the 11th down to Texas and around NM some. We plan on stopping in Dalhaart and picking up some of that guys great smoked meat and visiting a restaurant in NM that has paintings and such on sale in a back room. It is the place where Will got that wonderful painting of a buffalo when we were there before. It will be a fun jaunt. We figure there wonít be much traffic at that time for it isnít a holiday time. We have made arrangements to have our animals taken good care of while we are gone. Cecil wonít like that for they donít put the cats in with the dogs there. It wonít take him long to get over it though.

I need donít need to decide on what to fix for dinner this day. I made the best stir fry using some left over spaghetti noodles last evening that I will do ďon purposeĒ one day. I had thawed enough pork for two meals yesterday so will make a rice and meat & veggie dish tonight. Have any of you used those packets of liquid bouillon in dishes? I have them in beef, chicken & veggie. I used one in my stir fry and it certainly perked up the dish. I had chopped up onion, celery and carrots in it along with spices and such. The thing about wok cooking is you can put in what you like and leave out what you donít like. Just make it up as you go type thing for a great one dish meal. I have a wonderful cookbook by Grace Young which is called Stir-Frying To The Skyís Edge that has wonderful recipes in it that I can tweek to our taste. I usually use it as a good idea book. Plus I get to eat stir-fry with my chopsticks.

I just went out to the kitchen and heated up a few taquitos for my lunch and got a look in there and need to do some work in the kitchen when I finish here. Yikes, how did I let it get that way.

DONNA FAYE Another nice belt! You will be stilin' for sure. Learning to play instruments is a good thing for kids. Teaches them a lot more than just music. As a child I had a piano in my bedroom which I learned to play and then when in a marching band I played the flute. Then when I got into Pep Club I was marching in that little uniform and couldn't be in the band at the same time. Plus I was in the acappela choir and that took up some touring time and couldn't be in band or orchester with that either. I chose to sing instead of play.

SUSAN I think you would like learning to play the piano. I was never real good at it but it was sure fun. I had an uncle that could make those keys boogie woogie so good for he had such talent. I loved to hear him play. Ah, but he was a scoundrel and a lawyer to top it off.

JEAN Howdy.

I am off now to go clean my kitchen.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote