Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/19/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Hi everyone! I am very new to this site. Started IP 3 weeks ago and down 19 pounds at yesterday's weigh in. Very pleased!! Today for lunch I think I am going to puree some steamed veggies into my broc and cheese soup...I have a baby and will be making some food for him to freeze today, so I may as well use that baby bullet while it's out of the cupboard!!
I am feeling amazing...much more energy and I notice my joints hurt much less than they did just a few weeks ago!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #3  

Hey everyone
What are YOU doing to stick to the plan 100% NO MATTER WHAT today?

Remember we are only cheating ourselves with a cheat (and a cheat by any other name is still a cheat). IP is designed to work quick but to be effective and to rest our pancreas (and liver, for that matter!) we need to stick to the plan.

My food day is planned before I take my first bite or drink in the morning.
As I lay here in bed, I already know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I did some quantity cooking so I don't have to worry about preparing every meal). Leave nothing to chance. There are packets stashed in my car, in my desk, in my lunch bag and in DH's car.

I see people who report "small cheats" say it didn't affect them. They still lost. How much would they have lost without the cheat? More? We will never know but justifying a cheat away is just another way to cheat yourself.

The structure of IP works. It is short-term. Embrace it and let it work for you!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Hi everyone! I am very new to this site. Started IP 3 weeks ago and down 19 pounds at yesterday's weigh in. Very pleased!! Today for lunch I think I am going to puree some steamed veggies into my broc and cheese soup...I have a baby and will be making some food for him to freeze today, so I may as well use that baby bullet while it's out of the cupboard!!
I am feeling amazing...much more energy and I notice my joints hurt much less than they did just a few weeks ago!
That's awesome! Keep it up!!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Lisa you are absolutely right - planning is the key. I have ziplock bags labeled for every day of the week in a cupboard in my kitchen and it's easy to pull the right day out. I spend a little time each weekend setting up the next week menu and I post it on the fridge. If I'm pressed for time (and who isn't?) I can always grab a previous week's menu.

It helps that I also save corresponding shopping lists for each week - I can get the menu done and know what I need in about 15 minutes.

And I have packets stashed everywhere. If I have an event I have Plan A, Plan B and "worst case scenario."

I have way too much invested in IP, both emotionally and financially, to cheat. I don't think there are "small cheats" or "big cheats" - there are just cheats. And it isn't really cheating the program, it's cheating yourself out of potential fat gone, money spent and time invested. We all deserve the success that comes with staying OP and sabotaging ourselves with cheats can rob us of that success.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Welcome Beautsmc! Way to go on the 19 down!

And freezing ahead is an excellent idea - I love things I can just grab. Well worth the prep time!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey everyone
What are YOU doing to stick to the plan 100% NO MATTER WHAT today?

Remember we are only cheating ourselves with a cheat (and a cheat by any other name is still a cheat). IP is designed to work quick but to be effective and to rest our pancreas (and liver, for that matter!) we need to stick to the plan.

My food day is planned before I take my first bite or drink in the morning.
As I lay here in bed, I already know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I did some quantity cooking so I don't have to worry about preparing every meal). Leave nothing to chance. There are packets stashed in my car, in my desk, in my lunch bag and in DH's car.

I see people who report "small cheats" say it didnt affect them. They still lost. How much would they have lost without the cheat? More? We will never know but justifying a cheat away is just another way to cheat yourself.

The structure of IP works. It is short-term. Embrace it and let it work for you!

There is no such thing as a freebie!

Off plan indiscretion now will allow the mind set that it's "OK"... to creep in insidiously. Once you are into phasing off and maintenance it is even more important as one moves forward to understand, and practice being aware of what you are doing. If you aren't in this for the long haul...you'll need to buy another ticket at some point.

However; it's good to see so many who are expressing a commitment to a lifestyle that rewards health, self esteem and confidence. If you haven't done that...and can't get through this...you ain't gonna make it down the road. No shortcuts to lifelong success with this. Honesty with yourself is the only way.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all!!

Weigh in number 10 and down another 2 lbs!! Pretty excited for that number, especially since I woke up in panic mode because I had a dream I went to McDonalds and without thinking ordered a big mac and then realized what I had done, so I was trying frantically to get in touch with my husband to tell him not to order dinner because I got his. Strange how panicked I was waking up even though it was a dream, and I didn't even eat any of it in my dream! I think it was more the fact that I let myself make such a huge mistake that got to me. I told my husband when I woke up and he said "I bet if you ate a bic mac now you would be so sick!"

Hope everyone has a great day. I work a split shift today so I will be popping in and out.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #9  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Lisa thank you for the pep talk this morning! I hope everybody has a great day
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
There is no such thing as a freebie!

Off plan indiscretion now will allow the mind set that it's "OK"... to creep in insidiously. Once you are into phasing off and maintenance it is even more important as one moves forward to understand, and practice being aware of what you are doing. If you aren't in this for the long haul...you'll need to buy another ticket at some point.

However; it's good to see so many who are expressing a commitment to a lifestyle that rewards health, self esteem and confidence. If you haven't done that...and can't get through this...you ain't gonna make it down the road. No shortcuts to lifelong success with this. Honesty with yourself is the only way.
As usual, 65X65, you are spot on! I am on week 5 and despite baking delicious things for family, I am still completely OP. I just keep reminding myself that cheats, however slight, are the beginning of that deadly slippery slope!

You and Lisa are such inspirations. On the few days when the scale has not done what I want it to do, or wiggles backwards, I want to throw a tantrum, pout, look for sympathy, whatever. You two bring me back to reality. Thank you for helping keeping us on the straight and narrow regardless of whatever challenges we may feel we are facing!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

I hope to have another good day like yesterday. I weigh in tomorrow for my first WI............I am nervous and excited all at the same time
Old 09-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am still completely OP. I just keep reminding myself that cheats, however slight, are the beginning of that deadly slippery slope!

On the few days when the scale has not done what I want it to do, or wiggles backwards, I want to throw a tantrum, pout, look for sympathy, whatever. You two bring me back to reality. Thank you for helping keeping us on the straight and narrow regardless of whatever challenges we may feel we are facing!
LOL
Anyone who wants to throw a tantrum about a slight stall on the scale should go read my vent on the 100% thread today. It didn't start out as a rant but it kinda looks like one after re-reading it. Oh well, everyone is allowed to get frustrated. Especially after being on IP since 7/30/2012 and STILL not hitting the 100-off mark!

But remember, weight loss isn't linear and the scale not moving for a week or two is NORMAL.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #13  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You (65) and Lisa are such inspirations. On the few days when the scale has not done what I want it to do, or wiggles backwards, I want to throw a tantrum, pout, look for sympathy, whatever. You two bring me back to reality. Thank you for helping keeping us on the straight and narrow regardless of whatever challenges we may feel we are facing!
Totally agree and couldn't have said it better.

Regarding plans to be 100% OP (and I have been so far - YAY!):
Personally, I think need to get on the bandwagon for the weekly/weekend prep for the week. I have been doing it all daily both in the morning and before dinner but it does take time from sleep and often makes me scramble to get to work/bed on time. I find that's when I'm most tempted to be frustrated and grumpy. (and of course when the scale doesn't conform to my somewhat ridiculous expectations)

Maybe I need to take a new look at setting aside some time on the weekend for a veggie chop fest and some veggie puree-ing.

It is true that this plan is so workable if we allow it to be. It takes planning and conscious thought but what thing in life that's worth it doesn't? For me, I needed this structure and I'm so happy that cheating really just isn't an option.

BTW My clinic is now sending out the daily videos!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Lisa - You make me laugh! I only WANTED to throw a tantrum, just like a little kid...I know better and you and 65x65 keep me going.

I just remind myself that self is an ADULT, a GROWN WOMAN, and approaching 60....if I can't deal with and handle a recalcitrant scale, then what kind of weak wuss am I?

Don't you guys ever leave us - or at least not for another 80 pounds or so! Thank you for holding our hands and smacking some reality in to us all!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #15  

Vachinyc: Sundays = my weekly chopfest/cookfest

I have a lineup of Sunday nite shows I like to watch and can do it from my kitchen. DH is usually engrossed in football.

There is often something in the oven, something in the crockpot and something on the stove. When I was doing IP soups, there was ALWAYS 10 c veggies being cooked on the stove and then pureed.

I cook down my zucchini & freeze for zucchini muffin recipes (so the zucchini doesn't go bad). I chop & freeze bell peppers before they go bad. I made a ton of salsa.

This weekend will be my foray into canning. I'm going to try canning peaches, salsa, sugar-free applesauce (for P3 and maintenance), and maybe some pickles NOT ALL THIS WEEKEND!!!
DH is going on a guys-trip to Vegas so I'll have the house to myself to mess up/clean up as I see fit.

We are also going to buy a freezer so we can take more advantage of fresh, local foods and not have to buy so much from the grocery stores thru the winter.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Closed Thread