Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies - no slothing in September - step it up (its Spring)

Had to get the Spring bit in. Should go and take a photo of my new garden to show you how Spring it is. But I will wait because I think it will look better in a week or so. Meantime you all are going into the season of mellow fruitfulness.

Go for it girls. Step up to Septembers promise, step up to Spring, step up to whatever you need to face and face it with all the determination and dedication that you possess. Seize the time in both hands.

To go back click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4828329

Last edited by Shad; 08-31-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Forgot the link
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES.
A VERY HAPPY SEPTEMBER TO YOU ALL.

SHAD THANKS SO MUCH FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD.
I WAS VERY HAPPY TO LEAVE AUGUST BEHIND!!
BYE BYE AUGUST!!

NOTHING NEW HERE. QUIET DAY.
BUT SOMEONE PEE'D IN THE ELEVATOR.
I COULDN'T GET ANYONE OF THE PHONE SO I USED MY OLD GRABBER STICK & PAPER TOWELS.
THEN A NEIGHBOR GENT HELPED ME FINISH.
THE SENIORS LABOR DAY CELEBRATIONS ARE CAUSING FIGHTS.
NOT BIG ONES BUT TENSIONS.
I LEFT AFTER AN HOUR. DID NOT EAT WITH THEM.
TO BE HONEST, I AM NOT FEELING WELL.
TUESDAY I AM CALLING AND GETTING A HOUSECALL SET UP.
MY LUNGS ARE ACHY AND I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY.
DON'T WANT PNEUMONIA AGAIN.
NO MORE HOSPITALS FOR THIS CHICKIE!
BY 4:30 AM I COULDN'T SLEEP AND FEEL BETTER SITTING UP.
TALKING MAKES ME COUGH.
I NEED SOME FOOD. BETTER GET OFF HERE AND EAT.
TRYING TO TIP TOE ON MY WHEELS...
DON'T WANT TO WAKE MY NEIGHBORS!!

CEEJAY......HOPE THE SHOPPING IN BRANSTON WENT WELL.
DID YOU BUY THE WHOLE ALFRED DUNNER COLLECTION????

HAPPY.....SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND DH HAD A GREAT DATE NIGHT!!
LOVED THAT HE GOT DRESSED UP.
I'LL HAVE TO LOOK INTO THE BIG WEDDING.
NOT SURE IF I EVER HEARD OF IT.
YES....LOTS OF HATS OVER HERE.
AS FAST AS I TRY TO GET RID OF ONE THEY GIVE ME ANOTHER
THE OFFICE HAS BEEN VERY UNDERSTANDING.
IT'S THE SENIORS WHO THINK I SHOULD HELP ALL 100 OF THEM!
I HOPE YOUR KNEE FEELS BETTER. I WAS SORRY TO READ THAT PART.
AS MY DRS ALL TELL ME...GOTTA KEEP MOVING SOMEHOW.
EVEN IF I DON'T LIKE IT OR FEEL LIKE DOING IT.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE VIDEOS AND GO SLOWLY!!!!

SHAD.....HOPE THE SISTER ACT STAYS TOGETHER.
I LIKE THINGS OUT IN THE OPEN ALSO.
BUT WE BOTH KNOW SOME PEOPLE CANNOT HANDLE THAT.
SENDING YOU A BIG HUG
SOMETIMES PHYSICAL WORK IS A GOOD THING!
KEEPS YOUR HANDS BUSY AND OFF PEOPLE'S THROATS!!!
I REALLLY DO LOVE THE SOPHIA PICS.
EVERY MORNING THEY ARE SO CUTE TO SEE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Happy September. Where is the year flying to???? Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. I will do my best to live up to September's goals. Glad to see that you set things up for what's happening on your side of the world for a change. No doubt will confuse the lurkers on the board talking about spring time

Got some good storms last night. Took the heat out of the air, should be a nice next couple of days. We might go for an ATV ride - conditions are perfect - not too warm, the rain wet the trails down so they are not dusty. Biggest issue is avoiding the really rutted trails as they will be full of pockets of water. I'm not into the muddy splish splash rough riding that some people favor. I was talking to my sister on the phone and it kept crackling from the lightning so we decided to end our conversation early.

Watched the Great Gatsby. I have to admit it took the first 45 minutes of the movie before I got interested in it. I think I dosed off a few times too and had to keep rewinding the movie Never read the book, didn't realize it was a tragedy like Romeo and Juliet type thing. Baz Lurhman ? - the director does know how to set up the party scenes though We were able to get the movies viewed and returned on time with 15 minutes to spare!

Came back and reviewed some new yoga CDs I recently purchased. I will have to do some modified moves - one wrist and one knee are bothering me quite a bit with arthritis I believe. I do agree with Mel - no matter what, got to keep moving or things will really stiffen up! I would like to start walking again but I have a "catch" in my hip - hard to explain - that makes it difficult to walk any length. Will have to get DH to take the coffee table off the treadmill (wish he had not set it there in the first place). Perhaps I can walk on the treadmill and loosen things up. Argh - it was gray when we got up, then the skies turned blue and now they are dark gray and overcast again. Hope it's not going to rain more. That would put a big crimp in our ride.

Mel - yuck - not sure what is more gross - someone peeing in the elevator car or you having to clean it up. Carpeted floor in a small enclosed place - how many bottles of Febreeze will it take to get the smell of old urine out of there? Maybe you need to leave a bin with some cups and a couple of Depends for emergencies I don't envy you. Love your September owls but particularly your pic down by your siggy. Autumn is my most favorite season even if it does bring the sniffles and sneezes from the decaying leaves and general schmutz in the air. I was worried we might not have a color season this year from the dryness but I think these last few rainstorms will help unstress the trees and let Mother Nature paint her forest. The Big Wedding had Susan Sarandon (who looks amazing), Robert Deniero (who is doing more comedy type movies lately), Robin Williams, Diane Keaton and Katherine Heigl. You might get a chuckle out of it. I hope you feel better - I know what you mean about the chest being a bit heavy - hope it's just seasonal and not a sign of something more serious.

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. Funny to think you are in the midst of spring and rebirth. I am so used to winding down the year with autumn and winter that I can't even imagine New's Years in Summer Can't wait to see pictures of the garden - you've been doing so much work I'll bet it looks quite lovely.

Hello to the rest of the chicks. I should get off here, get some breakfast and see what DH wants to do today. Enjoy!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #4  
Happy September

HAPPY LABOR DAY AND MAKE IT A SAFE ONE!

WELL NOT MUCH NEW AND THE BLDG HAS BEEN EXCEPTIONALLY QUIET.
I DID NOTHING YESTERDAY AND HAVE PLANS FOR THE SAME TODAY.
LOTS OF CLOUDS AND RAIN TODAY. THAT'S OK BY ME.

HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

HAPPY....I REMEMBER THE BIG WEDDING PREVIEWS NOW.
THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. ADDED IT TO MY LIST.
HOPE YOU GOT THE ATV RIDE IN. MUD AND ALL!!
I HOPE THE COLORS WILL BE BEAUTIFUL THIS AUTUMN.
MOSTLY MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR.
JUST TAKE THE MOVING/EXERCISE SLOWLY.
NO ONE EXPECTS YOU TO RUN A MARATHON IN ONE DAY. ROFLMAO
EVEN IF IT'S ONLY 10 MINUTES OF CONCENTRATED MOVEMENT.
YOU CAN WORK YOURSELF UP TO A LONGER TIME....OVER TIME
THE LAAST THING I WOULD WANT TO READ IS YOU HURTING YOURSELF!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets...Happy Labor DAY!!!

Kept the babe Sat/Sun, then took him with us to go visit Cs mom and dad. Of course, he stole their hearts and had them in stitches with his antics and his character. What a joy he is. The zoo was fabulous. We arrived at 9 and stayed til noon, then went to lunch at Hardees. Sam colored my hair on Saturday morning then I brought the lil man home with me for the night/day. Today is mopping the floor, laundry, and vacuuming. Cleaning out the fridge also. Too many "old" leftovers need to be tossed. Back to work tomorrow.

Have a marvelous day/night...Shad thanks for setting up the new thread and not mentioning the S word in the title. lol
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My week end is drawing to a close in the morning. Sigh I really don't want to leave.
We had a good time at my nephew's on Saturday. He had a cook out for us in Nixa. The 3 year old sang happy birthday to me.
----------
Looks like every one is enjoying there time off.

Shad
Thanks for starting up the new thread.

Annie
Glad you had time with the gs. They are precious. I'd like to claim my sister's but she let's me share.

Happy
Did you get to go on the ATV ride?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Happy Labor Day - hope all of us in the States are enjoying a nice holiday today. Yay for us laborers!!

Yesterday we took a great ATV ride for 4 hours - the weather and trail conditions were perfect. Had lunch, came home and washed up and then went out and met my cousins at a bar for dinner and a few cocktails. A really nice day out.

Today we both worked outside - I pulled out my sugar snap peas - they are still producing at the tops but the root stem has dried up and rotted so they aren't getting enough nutrients. I also picked my red tomatoes - we are going to have a couple of bouts of chilly nights in the 30's so I thought it better to let them finish ripening in the sun inside rather that have the chill affect their taste on the vine outside. Now I'm looking up recipes to use up what veggies I have left.

Glad to hear that those who have posted so far are having a good weekend and celebrations with family and loved ones. That's what life's all about.

Quick post for me - I've got to get back to meal planning. Enjoy!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #8  

Aaaah, now where was I??

The silence from the car dealer is ominous. Probably need to ring him and whinge today. Does he think I can just take out all that money at the drop of a hat?

Then there is the power company. Nothing back from them either.
And the accountant. Nothing about my trust fund. They came back to me with my taxes but not the trust fund. The ATO (IRS to you lot I think) have told me that I overpaid them. Not likely I said, but yes there it was. I had paid them an advance payment twice. Can't have it back, but it will go towards the next estimate. Silly me.

There is no doubt more to whinge about, but I can't be bothered. Not sleeping well and feel stiff and sore. Maybe another trip to the doc is called for. I think the iron levels are down.

Happy - Most of the work I am doing in the garden is the 'bones'. Laying blocks, shifting soil, cleaning up, putting in a watering system and weeding. Once I get an area done, I put new soil in and fertilise, then plant. I'm up to trying to work out how to get around a big tree at the moment. All engineering skills may be needed, or I may just put in a strategic rock fall at that point and then get on with the easier bits.

Mel - pee in the elevator YUK. Seems that some of these folks need more than just geriatric apartments, they need care. Get that housecall in. You haven't been well for a while now. Need to know what is going on. Raining here too. Well sort of spitting and drizzling and then clearing and them back it comes again. No point in washing today.

Ceejay - How nice that you have had a lovely family weekend. I go back to work next week and I don't want to go either.

That's about my lot for now. Cat is behaving strangely. Nothing new there but this is a bit stranger than normal.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #9  
Happy September

Just A Quick Post.
I Left A Message With The Dr's Ans. Service.
He Wants Me In For Tests. Getting Ready.
Feeling Mighty Sick.
Feels Like The Gastroenteritis Is Back.
But My Lungs Are Also Killing Me When I Wake.
If I Don't Come Back You Know They Admitted Me.
Wish Me Luck.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-03-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE....hope all is just minor and meds will fix your ailments. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

CEEG...glad you had a wonderful vacation.

HAPPY...your ATV ride and evening sounds delightful.

Hellos to the rest of ya's. Will be back later, got a lot piled up on my desk.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #11  

Morning all. Back to work for a 4-day workweek.

Mel – Glad to have you back here with us! I liked your owl/September graphic! Sorry to hear of Jen’s trouble w/ the expired license. So sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I hope the doc can help you. Glad to hear Richie will soon be rid of the bad tooth. I hope September is a better month for all of you! Part 2: Oh no, I sure hope you don’t have to be admitted into the hospital, but the lung and gut pain sound serious. Saying my prayers for you!!

Ceejay – Sounds like you had a good time with your sis and other family, including the bbq and b-day celebration. Oh why does it have to end so quickly??!!

Happy – Glad you had a nice weather weekend. Your dinner out sounded really nice. Nice you got out on the ATV yesterday and had good weather conditions for that. Four hours!! Wow. Sorry to hear you wrenched your knee. I hope the pilates/yoga videos get you moving and work out the kinks. And get on the treadmill – use it or lose it girlie!! But do take it easy on the trouble parts, and just remember, baby steps!! Much as I loved the Jazzercise classes this summer, they definitely didn’t have sufficient warm-ups and cool-downs for me. Re the sheer shades - I totally get not wanting to go outside to see just how sheer they are. Not when there are bears and porcupines around!!! Honestly, I’m nervous about going out back with the flashlight to see if any skunks are around before I let Coal out there! Re the movies – I’ll have to borrow Big Wedding when our library has it.

Shad – Thanks for setting us up with a new thread for September. Even though it’s not spring here, it is the time of year for new beginnings, so it fits even for us Northern Hemisphere Worldlies. Glad things have been set to rights with your sis. You sound very busy with your garden – what else is new?? Me, I pulled a few weeds yesterday and quit before I got dirty and sweaty. Anyway...looking forward to photos in a week or two. Grrrr, having to hound the auto dealer and the power co yet again!!! Bummer you can’t have your duplicate tax payment $$ back, but good you’ve got your next estimated payment taken care of…Hope nothing’s wrong with the kitty cat.

Annie – Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the li’l guy, and showing him off to C’s folks.

Hi Michelle!! Hope you had a good weekend!
===
My weekend was nice, not overly busy. Friday night I opted to stay home instead of going to the b-day celebration with bf because he intended on staying longer than I would have wanted. I watched the dvd Mildred Pierce. Good movie. I’m so glad I got home early from work – a strong storm came through and the usual rush hour trains were delayed for hours! I was receiving Metra alerts in my e-mail until well after 1 AM! In spite of the lightning and thunder, doggy was just fine. I think he’s getting past his fear, though we haven’t had any really loud thunder storms in a while.

Saturday I overslept! I woke up at 8:00 and couldn’t possibly make my 8:15 am Jazzercise class. Instead I finished my passport application and took it to the post office to mail. Yay, that’s done! After that I dropped off some books & dvds at the library and went to the thrift store. It was the last day of the month and they had a sale for the last day of the month – 50% off everything priced over $1.00. For less than $9.00 I bought: a pair of casual slacks, a raincoat, a top, a glass measuring cup, and one of those “As Seen on TV” Wraptastic thingies. Bf and I buy a couple long loaves of French bread at a time from a restaurant that has the brand we love (Gonnella) and we slice it to sandwich size, wrap it in plastic wrap, and freeze it. Same thing with the bialys. We’ll see if the wraptastic makes our “wrap sessions” any easier. For the $1.50 it cost me, it’ll be fun to try out. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait a while. We currently have a brand new 300 foot roll of plastic wrap, and the wraptastic only accommodates rolls up to 200 feet.

In the afternoon, we picked up bf’s mom and went to his nephew’s housewarming party together. They have a nice townhouse now and I’m happy they’ll have all that extra space. Aside from a dog walk, I don’t recall what else we did that evening aside from the usual dogwalk. Oh, a couple loads of laundry.

Sunday morning was my usual tea & newspaper. We finally installed the new headboard that afternoon. It looks really nice – makes the bed more special. I’m glad to have taken down the artwork we had over the bed – I never liked it and bf claims he never did either. We only ended up with it because at the time we bought 4 other pieces from the same person on craigslist that I did like and bf was itching to buy just about all the artwork/wall hangings these folks were selling just to have something on our walls. I wasn’t keen on it from the beginning, but why we ended up with it, I don’t know. Whatever – now we can post it on craigslist and get rid of it. Yesss!!! And now I have something else to look for – artwork that will fit over the headboard.

Sunday evening we went to a festival. We brought a friend with us and met another one there. We ate a couple things and listened to a band. We enjoyed ourselves for the short time (~90 min.) we were there, but it was really crowded. (Usually we go during the day when it’s less crowded.) We didn’t stay for the fireworks because a storm was coming through. Luckily we got back to the car and on our way home before the rain started. By the time we got home, it had stopped raining in our area. I stayed up late and watched the last 3 episodes of the Pride & Prejudice series with Colin Firth and enjoyed it. I’ll have to catch the first few episodes sometime.

Monday morning I went to the special holiday Jazzercise class and had a good workout. We didn’t do much else the rest of the day – I pulled some weeds, did another load of laundry, picked up a couple chrysanthemums at Home Depot, went out to lunch, walked doggy, lounged around in the yard enjoying the nice cooler temps.

Exercise classes don’t start til next week. Movie night tonight. I didn’t respond for voting and the movie selected is “The Spectacular Now”. I have no clue what that’s about, so I’ll have to look it up and see if I’m interested. Right now the idea of going home and planting myself on the sofa sounds more appealing, LOL.

Okay, enough rambling, there’s work to be done. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was fun. Though I tripped on Sunday and really tweaked my back when I landed.

So I'm sore and in a pissy mood today. I feel like a good friend of mine is orchestrating my birthday weekend and totally disregarding what I want to do and with whom.

And some stuff I set up last week for work isn't working. Gotta go figure out why.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #13  
Happy September

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig!
Feeling Really Sick. No One Sure What's Going On.
Waiting For Lab Work Results.
Gave Me A Stomach Sedative In The Meantime.
Will Keep You Posted.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #14  

Mel - Glad you're home, sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope the lab work sheds some light on it and that the drugs help your belly.

Michelle - I'm glad you had a good weekend, but sorry you tweaked your back. I hope you get your friend under control and take back control over your birthday plans!!! It's your day chickie and you should do what you want!

My WW weigh-in today went miserably and i had asignificant gain. Of course when I stepped on my own scale at home I knew I'd likely have a gain, so I didn't bother fasting or wearing my usual clothing for when I weigh in, so the total gain was likely even higher than it would be if I tried to be consistent with what I normally do. But this week is another week, and I need to re-commit.

My question to you - do you find it more beneficial to have a weigh-in right before the weekend or after? I find having a Tuesday weigh-in difficult - not long after a weekend - but do you believe the timing is more helpful/ motivating?? I suppose it helps with accountability, but I dunno. Maybe it really doesn't matter, because it didn't stop me from not tracking and making some poor food choices.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #15  

Quick fly by from me. Seems I am fighting thin air on 4 fronts in getting people to commit to some service. Power company, car company, accountant, and health insurance. Seems no one wants to get a move on. Next Tuesday I start my new job and won't have time to get to talk to anyone during the day. Power company only seem to work 8.00 to 5.00 and not on weekends, ditto car company. Health insurance I have to have only because it will reduce my tax, and they send me something that will not only cost more than the tax it will reduce but doesn't fit with much that I need. Accountant is working on my trust fund and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to sort it. S will be 18 before this gets done if I don't push it soon. What ever happened to service. The car company at least is trying, but they are up against a time constraint and the customs department.
Today is Wednesday. By tomorrow this headache will have metamorphed into a full blown migraine if I don't sort something today.

Meantime I think I might drive down into the local wetlands and go for a walk to see if I can get back to the normal me.

Mel - hope you feel better soon. Get Jen to send a message if you go to hospital