Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default I realized something...

as I was jogging on the treadmill yesterday for 5 strait minutes for the first time, I'm pretty sure, in my whole life, i realized something.

I AM FREAKING AWESOME!!! I have lost 40ish pounds, me by myself, no drugs, no surgery, just hard work and determination. that's like a small child off my body. and not just that, but i can jog. 2 years ago i could barely walk for 15 minutes without having a heart attack. now I'm doing 5k programs. and last but not least i did, what has so far been the hardest thing in my life, i quit smoking cold turkey and haven't touched a cigarette in over 6 months.woohoo!

sometimes it just seems like we whine and cry about how we can't lose this, or do that, but today lets celebrate what we have done. I've had the opportunity to talk to to a lot of you on different challenges and post here and i know that y'all are FREAKING AWESOME!

so today i am declaring it YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME DAY! even if you haven't lost a pound if you're on 3fc it means you have taken steps to better your life and this ladies is our day to celebrate!!
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

I am all for celebration!

I did a happy dance yesterday on the elliptical at the gym in front of my roommate because I managed FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER to run a mile in under ten minutes.

Just the sheer amount of pride I discovered in my self at that ability. <3 I couldn't have gotten the motivation to even get myself comfortable enough with my body to go to the gym without you lovely ladies and the support here! So Thank you!!!
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Yes ma'am, you are indeed awesome
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #4  

Ah, an opportunity to brag...lol...

I finally - FINALLY - changed my eating schedule naturally and without conscious effort. I just started eating from stomach hunger and dealing with stress without resorting to food. Now, instead of stuffing my face the second I get to work, I wait until I'm hungry. And then, I don't stuff my face by 11AM as a way out of discomfort. I eat when I'm hungry - which usually ends up at about 12:00-12:30. That's pretty huge for me as I was always stuck in this binge cycle that meant I was a slave to food and its availability, etc.

EDIT: Whoops - didn't realize this was the 20-something forum!

Last edited by Mazzy; 09-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #5  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

It's definately a great feeling when we achieve something for the first time I remember when I first managed to jog for 5 minutes which I had never been able to do before... I swear I would have done a happy dance if I wasnt worried about falling and smacking my face on the treadmill hahaha I'm not able to do that anymore due to fitness but I am working my way back there. Can completeyl understand how you feel
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Yaaay, I love those moments!! They're so epic, thank you endorphins! You've done amazing, well done on all your accomplishments. Keep pushing yourself, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve if you step out of your comfort zone.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #7  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I have been binge free for over thirty days now! I haven't done that in years and it's all because I kept at it and finally found a way of eating that helps me control those binges.

I might have failed many times, but those failures and mistakes led me to the right answer, finally!

Yay for me and yay for you and yay for us!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote