Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Nightly overeating?

Am I the only one who has a HUGE urge to eat in the evening, even if you aren't hungry?

Like I crave sugar so bad and I just want to eat eat eat.. and thus I have gained weight.

Anyone have this problem or have solved it?
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #2  

Yes yes yes!! I had, still may have this problem. I would if I could not eat all day and eat most of my food at night. I am on ideal protien and I have been having good results but I still hoard food to eat at night. I eat my dinner late and always have a snack later on. I find that making myself go to bed earlier than I normally would helps. I look forward to others suggestions. Good luck
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #3  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scood View Post
I just did the same, ate really well all day, feeling great. About 10.00pm the lollies were calling me. First of all I was fighting it then in the end ate 2 cups full of lollies, then I was annoyed at myself because when I weighed myself of course I weighed more.

Scood

No your not alone, very hard to understand
scood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #4  

This is a really common issue for many of us. I think it is partly the comfort factor - end of day, cozy on the couch and "treating yourself for a hard day". The other factor I feel is deprivation. At least the sense of it. Developing a routine that allows you to eat delicious food that you really like goes a long way with this issue. Also having an evening ritual and "closing the kitchen for the night". For example today I will have bacon and fabulous home-grown tomatoes on toasted sourdough for dinner (eat tons of veggies earlier in day) - one piece of good bacon thoroughly crisped in the MW, thin sliced really tasty bread plus the incredible 'maters. Then the evening walk. Then a show on TV or a good book and some popcorn popped w/o oil or a small sweet and tea or coffee. Then the kitchen is closed. Literally the lights are off, candles snuffed. I sleep really well when satisfied and not in the throes of guilt

Last edited by tommy; 08-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #5  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I can be 100 percent good all day and I will binge and quit drinking enough water the moment I get home until I go to bed. I think it's because I don't have the same structure at home as I do at work.

I make a point of sitting down and tracking all that I eat, so that I can see the calories add up and put a kibosh on it fast.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I used to eat a lot of junk late into the evening. I started my diet by quitting eating anything after lunch.

I just drink beer in the evening now. And that seems to work nicely.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

I think I'm going to have a closed kitchen after 6
iixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #8  
Scood

Last night I had the munchies. finish work at 10.15pm. I always have hot milk or chocolate before bed. Mainly to get calcium in, and have done so for ever and a day. (Skim milk). So I stopped myself just eating anything I had 2 cruskets with vegemite and that seem to satisfy me.

I calorie count so I make a lite jelly everyday and eat it all, I might save it for late night snack, just a thought. My intentions are always honourable then the devil seems to sit on my shoulder

Scood.

Last edited by scood; 08-13-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You need a new ritual to use when you are decompressing.

And a motto: The kitchen is NOT my decompression chamber.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm finding it helpful to reserve some of my food budget for evening snacks. Tonight I had 34 g of roasted soynuts (150 calories, 10g of protein). I also had a large apple, sliced thinly sprinkled with sea salt (125 - 150 calories).

I find that I usually want a salty, crunchy snack especially while watching a movie, but the salt and crunch are more important than the calorie count.

Other low-calorie favorites are salted edamame, seasoned nori strips, raw veggies with a thin dip like low cal Nuoc Cham (a viatnamese dipping sauce). I make mine with fish sauce, rice wine vinegar or lime juice, water, garlic, and a bit of stevia or splenda). Snow or snap peas are especially good, but even 2" squares of cabbage are pretty darn tasty.

Any thinned salad dressing works well too. If I'm going to use a bottled dressing (which I rarely do because my own low-cal dressings are better), I prefer to use a small amount of full fat salad dressing and thin it with rice wine vinegar or lemon juice, rather than trying to find a palatable low calorie dressing (they exist, but every time I find one I like, it ends up being discontinued and my success ratio ends up being about 1 in 20).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I used to eat a lot of junk late into the evening. I started my diet by quitting eating anything after lunch.

I just drink beer in the evening now. And that seems to work nicely.
While I'm not quite as hard core as you are, Ian, I use a similar strategy. In the evening I treat myself to 8 oz of wine (sometimes more) and feel content with a relatively small dinner, like a bowlful of veggie stirfry. After that the shop is pretty well closed. I don't watch much TV, which makes it easier to stay away from evening munchies. What makes it all work for me is having substantial breakfasts, lunches, and midday snacks.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/230/140

Height: 5ft 4

This is so like me! I have a problem with eating biscuits in the evening with a nice cup of tea! (Typically British!) I think a lot of it is a routine/comfortable way of life that you build into your day - just need to get yourself out of the habit of overeating/snacking and then problem solved... easier said than done though. I think just doing something else is a better distraction for me e.g. listening to music, reading - rather than trying to eat something 'healthy'. As in my brain I'm just thinking that I've deprived myself instead!
Mazzistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #13  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

And by biscuit you mean a US cookie, right?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

I do too, to be honest i've reserved my main meal as my evening one, i don't think it has stalled my weight loss and it makes my diet manageable as thats when i actually want to eat but then thats it, i try not to snack and if i do its a bowl of raspberries (high fibre, sweet, low cal) or nuts.
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #15  
Scood

I find it hard to control that late night munchie feeling. I have been dividing WW peaches into little containers portion size, or yoghurt with half a smoothie cube (banana/mango).

If I get the munchies I eat one of those or a lite jelly (7 cal ) which you can eat the lot

Maybe that idea can help, swapping ideas helps me stay motivated

Scood

Last edited by scood; 08-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.