South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Murmurings - September 16

Good morning! It's rather brrrrrracing outside this morning. The deck door was left open by some idiot last night so the back of the house was pretty chilly too. I felt I should be giving the dogs hot cereal instead of kibble.

Lots to do today or rather this morning as I have a Mill Board meeting at 1:30. It'll be a long and hard meeting. Finances are grim and our Chair is stepping down due to serious family illness. (Art's wife Melinda has lung cancer and will have an operation this week and then treatments.)

First on the niggle list today will be to pick the green tomatoes. The forecast is for below freezing tonight so ... When my DD is here, we can make green tomato mincemeat. That's a great plan but we'll probably just do things that are more fun - like sitting and talking. Of course, my life being the way it is, the tree guys will probably arrive with their electric saws and chipper shredders. When that happens, we'll definitely take off for the day.

Wishing you a cozy Monday.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, thanks for starting the thread today Ruth. I hope your day goes okay for a Monday, your meeting doesn't sound like much fun.

DH takes off today for 4 day work trips for the next several weeks. Bad in one way - I have all the parental duties, good in another - I have all parental duties.

I have lots to do today, since my friend starts chemo tomorrow. I'll make some soup - some plain, some not...that hopefully will help her out.

Other than that, just the normal!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,

I was in here earlier, but then got called away. We are finally getting our street repaved today after all the destruction from the new water pipes, and they're out there already, so I had to move my car to another street so I'll be able to get out of here. I don't know what it will be like by the time everyone is getting home from work. It will be interesting, but I'm so thankful that the work is nearly finished and we won't have to drive over rocky metal plates anymore!

It looks to be an eventful week at the farm. Audrey is having oral surgery one day, I'm not quite sure which day it is scheduled for, and we have to get the farm all readied up and looking pretty for the Chester County Day Tour of Homes, which is on October 5. It's looking like rain right now, so all today's work will involve inside things. Maybe I'll make myself comfortable in front of the TV and polish the silver this morning.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda! I decided to polish some silver just a while ago and did it watching Canada A.M. How coincidental is that! Are you channeling me?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Run this morning was difficult could be the bad carbs I consumed after dinner last night back on track for food today.

Ruth does sound like a tough meeting this morning.

Twynn have fun with your parenting

Cottage glad your street is getting fixed.

Tonight is Awana, will be interesting to hear how DD2 first band lesson went today as well. Okay gotta run

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hm, suddenly turned into a WFH day, I might need more coffee. I have 11 half pints of spiced beach butter completed. I hope people like them. Trying to decide what to do with the rest of the peaches. They may be good enough to can in light syrup. I just don't think we will eat more spreads, even if vanilla maple peach jam sounds really good.

I'm going to pretend to work for awhile. Be back later
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! Even though I've only been back a week, I missed being here this weekend.

Ruth: I envy your cold snap, but definitely not your Mill meeting! Hope it's not horrendously long.

Tammy: You're such a good friend. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. My DH travels a lot more with this new job and I have a love/hate relationship with it, too.

Linda: Wow, you've got a lot going on. I've always wanted to do a tour of homes, but never have. I bet its stressful getting everything in order for one.

Pearl: Hope you have a great day!

Cyndi: Mmmmmmm, that spiced peach butter sounds amazing. We don't get a lot of peaches in this house. DH is allergic.

We have absolutely ZERO plans today. I need to start catching up on the household niggles that were neglected for the past four days while DD and I were sick, but we're still not 100%, so I'll take it slow. I at least need to tackle some laundry and start getting the house picked up. DD is definitely on the mend, but she's coughing a ton and not sleeping well, so hopefully she'll have a loooong nap today.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello now that I have a chance. My off days were spent packing and trying to get everything in order...and having lunches/dinners w/ friends...and getting tattooed...and a going away party, LOL

Tricked myself into thinking I was done packing my clothes today and opened my hall closet to find all my jackets and hoodies. Ugh! Definitely gonna need THOSE, though.

Anyway, I don't know that I'll make it by tomorrow and, if I don't, it will be a while before I'm back on here since I'm leaving out Thursday morning. I will check in as soon as possible, though.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening ladies. Just stopping by to say I made some bad food choices this week (and some that were just too much of an allowed food) so I am trying to really stay OP for the next few days. That is the great thing about SB and the mindset of it being a WOL. If you fall down, just get back up.

It is supposed to be cold tonight; I will greatly miss my fresh cukes and tomatoes.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Phew just made it. Too tired on the train ride in. Didn't even look at my phone/Internet on the way home. I have "itis" I don't want to work itis. Tomorrow is my last tour until....drum roll please....Oct 7th. Granted I have training in Texas for five days, but a little change of scenery might be nice.

Ruth and Linda polishing silver, I am impressed...I wipe the spots off my silverware. Does that count?

Natasha safe travels and congratulations following your dreams
Closed Thread