Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #58

Good evening, ladies! More rain, a hot day, but it's supposed to go down to 66 tonight.

My friend got the keys to her new house yesterday so we moved some boxes last night of things she doesn't trust to the movers. Tomorrow she's taking off work and we'll spend the day getting things moved and put away. Then Thursday the movers will do the rest. And then there will be the unpacking this weekend. At least it's give me a lot of exercise!

Faye, you are so organized! I'm glad the sweater you made for the cruise last year no longer fits for that means you have lost weight! It's good you can remake it.

Jean, the Air Force just sprayed for mosquitos last week. We've had so many because of all the rain. They use a big cargo plane and fly low!

Maggie, no short cut to weight loss. It would be nice if there was but I guess that would let us off the hook too easily. It takes time to learn new eating habits.

Have a wonderful evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2  

Good morning to you all. It is nice and cool outside this morning, but it isn't going to last long. I turned the ac off for a few hours but put it right back on around 7 as I took trash out this morning and came back in and the house was stuffy.

I have odds and ends cleaning to do today. This weekend I am going to do the ironing for the cruise that needs to be done and take it upstairs to be packed. I have some linen capris I can now easily get into that need pressing along with a couple pair of all cotton pants that now fit. What gets confusing is we have three different bag combinations. One bag is for all the clothing while traveling from here to Florida and back, ie overnight hotel stays. One bag, a smaller one is for a set of clothing and our meds and such to carry onto the ship until our bags get to our room just in case they don't get there before we go to dinner, which is 5:30 for us and the rest will be checked into the ship for delivery, 2 clothing bags for me, one for Jack, a garment bag for his suit and tuxedo and a bag that has all our hygiene type stuff in it. We just have to make sure we put the right bag where it is supposed to be! I of course have a list of what should go in the traveling bag, versus the carry on bag, versus checked in bags so I should be ok. Jack has to handle his own stuff as he gets all prissy if I try and help. He did let me run his wrinkled stuff through the dryer then let me fold them so they won't be all wrinkled in the bags.

I am not as upset about the sweater as I thought I would be. I am going to rip out the green one I made for last year and remake it for next year too. I am going to make it at least two sizes smaller. I need to buy yarn and take it with me to start on the boys socks for Christmas. Knitpicks has some great new colors this year and I found just what I wanted.

Susan: Hope you can get your friend all settled in her new home and she loves it. I am so glad not to have to be packing up and moving again. I sure did that enough along the years.

Jean: Are your daytime temps staying cool now??? We are supposed to have one heck of a cold winter this year all over the country according to farmer's. If true, wonder how early it will start.

Maggie: Hope you are doing well!!!

Gotta get started on chores. Have a great middle of the week ladies. We leave 5 weeks from tomorrow! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #3  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood! Sunny, slight breeze, and no humidity -- love it! I had an auxiliary board meeting this morning and stopped by the Hallmark store to pick up a couple cards, then ended up getting Christmas ornaments for three of the grandkids. I don't think our store gets many so was afraid the ones I wanted might be gone when I thought about it again. We discussed decorating for Christmas and putting out the Christmas merchandise in the gift shop this morning. I know it will be here before we know it but it's too early to think about it yet!

Susan -- Will Sandy be moving closer to you? It's nice of you to help her; moving is a big job! You are so right about the "no short cut" to losing weight. Someone would be so rich if they could figure that one out.

"Gma" -- I sure hope you don't get your luggage mixed up! Knowing you, you will be fine! I feel bad after all the work you put into your sweaters that you won't be able to wear them on the cruise, but perhaps the next trip! Our temperatures have been a bit cooler, but the humidity has gone down and that's the big difference. It's supposed to get back into the 90s this weekend. I'm wondering about the winter weather too!

Bob will be home for lunch so I need to see what leftovers are hiding in the fridge. I really need to go to the grocery store. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #4  

Good morning to you all! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOB AND JEAN!! (I hope I didn't miss it)

Jack just left for work a few minutes ago. That one extra hour makes a difference for sure. There is a foreman's position coming up that Jack wants and I sure hope we can get him studied up to get it. He won't have to be working physically so much and he said if he gets it he is going to work longer than he planned so he can continue to take cruises. The man is cruise obsessed! He wants to take a cruise through the Panama Canal and that is big bucks. First off, it is a 15day cruise and secondly you fly out of one place and fly into another, ie FT Lauderdale, cruise, then come back into port in San Diego. It would be nice if we could do it as I would love to see my niece and her family who live in Corona at least for the evening. He has to build up a lot of vacation though to do that and money!!!

Well our insurance premium went up again. That is the second time in less than two years. It isn't much, but it is the principle of the thing and it is because of this mess with Obamacare. On top of that, looks like my luck ran out as I have started spotting again. It has been three months with nothing. I am not doing anything until I get back unless it gets worse. I just can't believe this.

I bought the new Felix Francis book and I am itching to read it, but want to save it for the cruise. I have one more author who has a new book out before we leave so I am going to buy that one too. I have 230 books on my Kindle, you would think that is enough to keep my happy, but I want to read these two new ones.

Jean: The commissary has all their Halloween candy out and I got my yearly Swiss Colony catalogue yesterday with holiday stuff in it so guess we are rolling towards all of that. I emailed the girls yesterday asking for the boys shoe sizes to make them socks for Christmas like I always do. She said Thomas wears a 10 mens shoe!! He has gone up two sizes since last year, but Alicia says she thinks Jackson can still wear the socks I made him last year. I wonder if that means they sit in his bureau and he never wears them. Ahh well, what can you do?? I know the boys wear white socks a lot, but maybe in the fall and winter when they wear long pants they wear them. I am getting the yarn I bought for Jack's cruise socks from last year when we get back. It is $25 a hank so I would like them to wear the socks once in awhile anyway. They are getting older so I am toning down on loud socks. They have gorgeous color combos and I think I will get a hank and make another cowl for next year and maybe a bracelet.

Today is clean the kitchen day and dust. I don't know why I hate to dust so much, but I will put it off as long as I can. It should have been done on Tuesday when I vacuumed. I am doing a load of laundry at the moment and need to unload and reload the dishwasher. It is crockpot pot roast for dinner tonight and the roast is still frozen some as I got it out last night and put it in the fridge so will put it on around 9 AM or so. You all have a great Thursday!! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-05-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Terrific Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I really thought I posted yesterday but it isn’t here so I guess I must have spaced it. Hummm. Must be losing it. I am in dire straits today for during the night the nerves in my great toe on my bum foot started spasms and it is still doing it. The sharp pains take my breath away. I guess the sock on that foot must have been tight across the toe area yesterday. I have to be so careful when putting on that shoe for my toes want to curl down instead of being straight to go into the shoe then the sock holds them captive in that downward curve. Since this has happened before I do know the spasm will subside as the day wears on but in the meantime I just have to bare it. Right now I am sitting with that shoe off hoping my foot will calm down soon. Hopefully soon the spasms will lighten and then quit rebelling. I hate this when it happens.

I got a couple more tubes of lip balm by Burt’s Bees that are Peppermint & Mango Butter in addition to the Pomegranate one I had gotten earlier. So now I have 3 of the ones they have for lips like mine and I do so like having a variety of ones to choose from since I need to keep my lips hydronated.

Someone gave Will a beautiful wood grain handle Swiss Army knife for his birthday and he gave it to me to put in the glove box in the Jeep for he has a smaller one that he carries. This one has Kansas and some buffalo engraved on one side. What a nice gift. I remember my father saying that a nice pocket knife is a good thing to have. I have a small yellow Swiss Army knife on my keychain which has a blade, nail file, scissors, toothpick and tweezers.

This is Wills day to work at the museum and when he gets home we will BBQ some steaks and have some rice and a nice green salad. With fruit for dessert latger. From the garden I have some bell peppers to cut up and get into the freezer and cucumbers to peel and slice and in some vinegar water today. I like to chop the bell peppers into various sized chunks to use in different dishes. Big chunks for stir fry, spaghetti sauce & beans and little chunks for scrambled eggs and sauces.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like the two of you will end up doing lots of ocean cruising. What fun for you since you two like that sort of thing. Everything is going up faster than wages can keep up with so folks are going to have to cut way back on their "wants" and just get the "must haves." Things are in dire straits.

JEAN It seems the older I get that Christmas is coming sooner and sooner. Used to in days of old no Christmas "stuff" was out till after Thanksgiving. Now it out before Halloween. Good idea that you got those ornaments now instead of waiting for they may well have been gone if you waited. Goes to the old "if you snooze, you loose" saying.

SUSAN Hopefully your day is going well with you.

Have a great day Magnolias.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #6  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another beautiful day in my corner of the world; just a tad bit warmer but still nice to be outside. I had my nails done this morning and decided to do my toes too. This afternoon my crafty club met on the spur of the moment as one of our members is moving. She is 90+, spryer than I am but doesn't drive, never did learn how. Her husband fell and is in the nursing home getting therapy until he can go back home again. Their house is a split level so the kids got together and said it's time to move. They will be in Sioux City and living closer to their son. Their daughters live in Pennsylvania and Australia! We went to a restaurant for dessert and coffee then spent close to three hours just visiting. We used to play in two couples cards clubs with them so have known them for a long time.

"Gma" -- Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Actually our anniversary was Tuesday, the 3rd. We kind of celebrated on Saturday since Jason's birthday is the same day. The day before he was born we went to an air show by the lake in Cleveland. This year we were at Ian's football game and the fields are close to the airport. There were several planes coming and going so that brought back memories. I will send good vibes that Jack gets the foreman position. My fridge has been freezing things in the vegetable drawer and on the top shelf towards the back. Bob went to eat cottage cheese for lunch and it was a bit chunky with ice. I suppose I will have to break down and call the repairman. I'm not in the market for a new one!

Maggie -- I hope your toes and foot are feeling better! I like Burt's Bees lip balm too, but I haven't seen the flavored ones. I will have to look for them. I remember when Christmas started after Thanksgiving back in the "good old days." Our downtown Christmas lights were turned on Thanksgiving night. Now the merchants have an open house the first weekend in November and the lights are turned on then. I do plan to go through my Christmas decorations this year . . . EARLY! I need to sort, give to the kids, and pitch!

I need to decide what to fix for supper. We ate a sandwich out last night so guess it's my night to cook tonight. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #7  

Good morning to you gals. It is so beautifully cool this morning and I turned the ac off in the middle of the night and haven't turned it back on again.

Today I am finishing up getting things ready to pack as I did all the ironing last night. Boy, I am never ever buying Jack 100% cotton shorts again (not briefs, outer shorts.) The dang things are horrible to try and iron and the one pair has these big bulky pockets. I did the best I could and it is better than then looked before. I ironed two pairs of cotton pants and a pair of linen capris for me and noticed the pocket was coming away from the seam abit so repaired that. I will take them up this morning and put them in the right pile or for the pants, hang them in the garment bag. I had to turn off the ac while I ironed because it kept popping th breaker. It does that if I have the electric skillet on and am using the microwave or sometimes it will do it when I am using the hair dryer and the ac unit is on. That's what you get with an old house that was built cheaply I guess.

I have upstairs bathrooms to clean today then will have Jack drag the vacuum upstairs and dust and vacuum this weekend. There is some kind of stuff all over the guest room floor from the garment bag. We haven't used it in years so who knows what was in it.

I had to send an email to Country Inn and Suites this morning to find out why they haven't charged my credit card for our advance purchased stays in Oct. Hilton has already charged and been paid for the Embassy Suites stays. I just want to make sure the reservation is firm at that price and on those two days. Seems like the Carlson hotels never are very good about stuff like this.

I got my Avon order last night and I really like the stuff. I bought a concealer that has a tiny brush attached sort of like a pen and I am hoping it will help with my undereye bags. I sat for about an hour on the computer watching videos on how to put on concealer to hide them. We shall see. I also finally found a mascara that works on my almost non existent eye lashes. I also wanted something that wouldn't put mascara onto my contacts and gunk them up. This isn't a wand, but a brush that tilts and I tried it out and it works nicely and I have more visable lashes. They are never going to be gorgeous as I have so few, but it does the trick.

Maggie: Oh, I sure hope your foot is feeling better by now. Though it is nothing like your pain, I have trouble with my second toe on my right foot because it is longer that any of the other ones and tends to get "stubbed" in socks so it gets sore on the top. I keep the nail trimmed on it so socks don't shove the nail down, but I will surely have problems if I forget to keep an eye on it. I have a swiss army knife in my little manicure set. I got it from a vendor when I worked for the mechanical company a decade ago. I don't use it, but I have it in case I need a little screwdriver or whatever.

Jean: Woops, missed it entirely! I guess I need to update my reminder thingy. Hope you had a nice anniversary anyway. I have to tell you, I have 4 weeks until I get my hair done and I am about to go nuts. I look like Frankenstein's bride! I still have pieces of the boxed color in my hair and all underneath it is gray. It just looks awful, but I haven't given in and will tough it out until the 5th of October when she will dye it. You asked me before about getting it done professionally and I just decided to treat myself to it and I want to do some streaking on top. I don't look forward to the time in the chair, but I am looking forward to her getting it done and cutting it again. My hair is so fine that the fans blow it all over if I don't have stuff in it all the time and wakes me up at night tickling my face. Our fridge is about 12 years old now and still going strong. Jack wants stainless steel when we remodel and I told him it was a waste of money if the thing still works. I imagine if we have the money, he will get what he wants.

We have to go out tomorrow and find mardi gras beads. We are having dinner on the Saturday before we sail with a group from the ship and we are supposed to wear beads to identify us. I am hoping the party stores here in town will have them or the dollar store at least.

Well, time to sign off and unload and reload the dishwasher. Have a nice weekend you all. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-06-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #8  

Good Morning! It's another beautiful morning in my neighborhood. I just took cards out to the mailbox and the sun is hot, so I suppose the air will come on this afternoon. I had planned a grocery run but got invited to "Friday Night Fish" with Jason's in-laws. The restaurant/bar is in a very small town and known for their fish; all you can eat on Friday night.

"Gma" -- I figure anything 100% cotton needs to be ironed. There's nothing worse that ironing when it's hot. I'm surprised whoever manages your condos hasn't had to update the electrical system. I suppose that would be up to and charged to the individual owners. Let me know how the concealer works for you. I just read where dark circles and under eye puffiness can be caused by allergies which I didn't know. I think the fridge at the lake is on it's last leg. I put a bottle of water in in the morning and when we left that night it was barely cool. Part of the problem is that everyone just shoves things in with no organization and then stands there with the door wide open taking inventory when they can't find something. FYI on stainless -- Beth bought one and absolutely hated it. The surface wasn't smooth, but it showed every dog and cat nose print, kids' fingerprints, water spatters, lint and fur seemed to jump on it and hang tight. Granted you don't have the animals nor kids. She had it a short time and the computer panel went goofy so she traded it in on another one that's white. Good luck with the beads; I had a whole bunch of green and white ones that we wore for Homecoming. The grandkids found them so have no clue where they might be now.

I do need to make a quick grocery list. It's $.50 off a gallon for a $50 order which doesn't take long these days. Our gas just jumped $.10 to $3.49. Hope you all enjoy your day and have a great weekend!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I am a happy camper ~ My new Cuisinart Combo Steam + Convection Oven arrived yesterday afternoon and I have been reading the instruction booklet. I always like to read the booklets that come with new appliances before embarking to use them. First thing I will do to it will be setting the clock. Since my foot was still in spasm mode I didn’t feel like messing with the new oven yesterday. When standing my foot is fine but sitting down it starts in again but I can’t stand all day long. My new little stainless steel 7 inch rolling pin has been shipped separately so I should be getting it soon. When I woke up this morning after a good nights sleep I was jazzed that the pain is gone and I can get on with the things I want to do this day.

My new oven toasts, convection bakes, steam bakes, broils, steam broils, steams veggies & meat, super steams, bakes bread, & keeps things warm. I like the fact that the recipes that were included have the nutritional values with them so it will be easy to figure out the point+ values. I have already figured out how to lighten some of them. This oven is just slightly smaller than my other one but most of the pans I used in it will work in the new one. I have a stone that will fit in this new one also to cook bread items on. I have used stones for so many years now I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have one. To me it is a necessity to bake bread, rolls, biscuits etc. on. I am anxious to bake some bread using the steam feature. I’ll be sure and let you know how it turns out.

Will is finishing up putting all the trim boards up around our wonderful flooring he laid down. It is so nice to have instead of carpet. So much easier to clean and I have stopped all that sneezing I was doing since living here.

I need to clean off my work table so I can set up my little sewing machine and cut off some of Will’s long shirts making them short sleeved. He wants several he has altered that way so I will do that soon. Now is a good time to do that for the summer is still with us and he can get some use out of them for they are in great condition yet. Plus I don’t have any glass projects sitting around that I am currently working on to have to juggle to a different area so as to use that table. I just have Cecil’s equipment on the end ~ food and plastic bags and butt hutt cleaning supplies. He hasn’t used his inside butt hutt but a couple times since we have been leaving the door open that lets the outside storm door with the doggie door be accessed by the animals. That storm door has a lock on it. The front storm door is heavy glass. I won’t have to move my glass grinder off the end of the table for there will be plenty of room on that table to do what sewing that is needed done. Just move a couple of trays and the cat’s stuff and I will be ready to sew.

DONNA FAYE We have some all cotton shirts and such and if you take them out of the dryer when they are just dry they don't have to be ironed and look real nice. Maybe it depends on where the cotton was grown and the processing to make it wrinkle free. I love the feel of 100% cotton clothing. I have some 100% rayon tops that never need anything done to them except washing them and they never wear out either. Ah but they are nice and soft and fun to wear. Do you line your clothes with tissue paper before you fold them to pack? The tissue sure cuts down on creases clothes get from being folded and squished.

JEAN I had to turn down the dial in my fridge for it was freezing the little bit of water I had put in the bottom of the container of carrot and celery sticks. They are on the same shelf with my egg container and I surely didn't want those eggs to freeze. I keep my raw eggs in a nice plastic container made to hold 16 eggs. It has a lid so if anything is stacked on top of them they are protected. Sounds like you had a nice gab fest with folks you haven't seen in awhile. Seems like folks don't get together much anymore to play cards. A lot of that was done before TV became the center focus of a family. I remember a lot of things we did before TV entered. I still don't watch much TV though.

Have a great day Magnolias.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #10  

Good morning to you all. Jack had to go into work this morning and will probably be there all day. They have a big catastrophe that could have been avoided, but through some lazy people, the back up systems were down and now it is a rush to get them up and running. Jack has to sit around and wait for the mechanics to get the thing fixed so he can program the PLC. I feel for him having to work today, but it is some nice extra money to take on the trip.

Today is lazy day for me since Jack is going to be gone all day. I will just read I guess.

Maggie: Have fun with your new oven. After we remodel I may consider the convection oven. Right now I have no where to put it. The shorts did come out of the dryer immediately, but they pockets turned up and the bottoms too so I had to iron them. I like cotton blend best for clothing as it doesn't wrinkle like cotton.

Jean: They came in with an electrician about 5 years ago and did a revamp on wiring because of several wiring fires, but we had to pay for it to the tune of almost $1000. They don't pay for anything inside at all. Pretty much now they don't pay for anything outside either. No one has mowed in over three weeks here. I noticed the lady across from us passed away as they had an estate sale so I imagine the family will put it up for sale now. It will sit empty for a long time I imagine. The stainless thing is a fad and I can't see paying big bucks to get stainless when you can get the same thing or even nicer for the same price in white. I am fighting it and it will be wayyyyy down the list when we remodel for sure.

Well gals, have a nice weekend. Faye
Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #11  

Good Evening! It is very humid but not terribly hot here today. Strange weather! I went to a bridal shower this morning. Several teachers were there so it was fun to visit and catch up with them. Our remodel project for the high school bid came in 2.5 million over the original estimate. I'm not sure what plan B is going to be. This afternoon I did a couple loads of laundry and that was it. I have no ambition for some reason.

Maggie -- I know you will have fun with your new oven! What do you make with the tiny little rolling pin? Glad your foot is feeling better today.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry Jack had to work today. I hope whatever he had to do went ok. It's too bad the owners don't have some clout to have the pool and yards taken care of. Guess it's good you don't have to shovel snow!

Not much newsy from here. Hope you all enjoy a nice Sunday tomorrow!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #12  

Good morning all. Going to be near 100 reg temp today with heat index well over that. We were going to go out and get the mardi gras beads and get a "Memphis" gift to exchange at the ship get together, but we decided to wait until next Saturday when it is supposed to be about 15 degrees cooler. Besides, Chick-fil-a is having a free breakfast campaign and I signed us up for a reservation for Saturday morning. We like the chicken bagel so we each get one free on Saturday. We will then go looking for stuff for the cruise.

Poor Jack worked from 6-6 yesterday and came home hot, sticky and he said his knees were killing him. I gave him 3 advil, told him to strip to his undies and had him get his legs up in the recliner and he was soon cooler and his knees quit hurting. He then went up and took a shower and put on some clean clothing. He made around $500 yesterday!! Nice to have the extra cash for the trip.

I am finishing up the other load of laundry and will make lunch in an hour or so. We are just chillin' today. I vacuumed the upstairs and the stairs and finished up fixing my clothes stacking mistake, (I put the outfit to wear to dinner Sunday night in the wrong bag and the outfit to wear to dinner with the cruise group in the wrong bag and had to switch them.) Everything is now ok.

Jean: The only clout we have is to go to the monthly meeting, but nobody listens to you and I got tired of being peeved at them when they would make excuses and not listen so I quit going. That is the bad thing about living somewhere you have maintenance fees and such you are stuck with what the board wants or doesn't want even if everyone who lives there disagrees with them. The fact most of the complex is now renters, no one cares what they do. I haven't been to a baby or wedding shower in years. When I did Kelly's shower, I went out and bought a yard of blue blanket fleece type material, tiny safety pins and paraffin. I cut one big triangle piece and then a bunch of tiny triangles, made them look like diapers and pinned them then dipped them into was and made nut cups out of the little ones and put a trail mix kind of thing in the big one. Jack had this huge safety pin from his Navy seabag that went on his laundry bag and I borrow it to put on the big diaper. They really looked cute. I even made her invitations and everything was nautical.

Well girls, I need to go and check the laundry. Have a nice Sunday all. We are now down to FIVE weeks!!!! Faye
Old 09-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon! It's not that hot but another humid day so the air has been running again today. We skipped church again today. The pastor was gone again and it was to be part #2 of a very boring sermon started last week when he was also gone. Bob made the decision and I was happy to sleep in this morning. We went to see The Butler this afternoon. I had reservations after reading the review in the paper saying it wasn't exactly as it really happened. But a couple gals from crafty club and Jason's mil all said it was good so decided to go. We thought it was good - lots of history from our life time.

"Gma" -- Jack really put in a long day! Is any part of where he works air conditioned? We rented the condo when we lived in Ohio but several of our neighbors owned theirs and always went to the meetings. It was very well maintained; I would love to go back and see what it looks like now. Jason's in-laws went on a cruise to Alaska when we were in MN. We saw pictures the other night and I thought of you when I saw the fancy food displays and the cute towel animals on the bed.

I need to finish looking through the Sunday ads. Ian's birthday is in November and have a couple of Christmas ideas for the girls. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #14  

Good morning to you gals. Another day close to 100 degrees is in store for us today. I am up because my female stuff is back with a vengeance and had a mess this morning. I gave Jack the hormone prescription and told him to fill it today after work. I wanted to avoid going back on them again, because of the side effects, but I can't go on the cruise having what happened this morning happen. I will have to make an appt with the gyn when I get back from the cruise and see what this new guy thinks. It has been 3 months since this all stopped. I just don't know why it started up again after all this time. I can't do anything about it and the meds will stop the bleeding and stuff, but I am going to have to really be diligent and pray it doesn't put the weight back on me again.

I have sweeping and mopping to do today and that is going to be it for me. I am not feeling well though I took some Advil and hope it kicks in now. We decided not to go out shoppng yesterday as it was so hot so we will get the beads and Jack can pick up the gift today at the grocery store. We decided to go ahea and get the Corky's bbq sauce and rub and just tell them to be sure and pack it in their checked in luggage and not carry it on or they will take it from them. I can't see buying something stupid that represents Memphis and it being junk they will just throw away. At least they can use this.

We have all the clothing all laid out for packing in our little piles and such. The hygiene stuff will will pack last minute on Wed night before we leave on Thursday so we are in good shape. I am waiting for my hair appt confirm email as I forgot which time I picked! I was going back and forth about it as the mail hold card needs to be taken over to the post office the same day because I need a running start on them stopping my mail. They always screw it up. Problem is the appts are 2 1/2 hour increments for coloring hair and the first one is 10 and doesn't get out in time for me to take it before or after as the post office has not cut their hours to 10-12 on Saturday and it clear across town from either our house or the salon, which is clear across town in another direction from our house. So, if I took the early appt, Jack is going to take me to the salon and drop me off and then go to the post office and drop off the card and come back and pick me up when I call him. If it is later then I will run the card to the post office, come back home then go over to the hair salon. I am not going in to get my hair done until the 5the of October and I should get my email confirm this morning sometime so I will put a post it note on my computer and a note on my Iphone calendar too.

Jean: I hate boring preachers. I don't know why they can't just teach a Sunday School type lesson during the worship hour. I think you learn a lot more that way and aren't bored to death unless they are so bad they even make that kind of teaching boring. The work buildings and of course outside are not air conditioned. The admin buildings and the "shop" as Jack calls it are air conditioned, but they don't sit around in them all day unless Jack is working on some computer thing or something paperwork wise that kind of stuff. One of the buildings is underground and the heat like today would make it about 130 degrees down in the blower building. Jack said when they have to go to Horn Lake, MS (there is something down there they have to do work on from time to time) that this particular thing he said they need to go and check are some kind of readings. Two men have to go, one has to be put in a harness and lowered down and some kind of fan blowing device has to be put down there because of the methane smells and such and then the guy has to signal if he is in trouble and the hurriedly roll him back up. Just one more thing for me to worry about as I didn't know they had to go underground to do these readings. I sure hope he can study and get the foreman job when it is posted so he won't have to continue to do this kind of stuff. It doesn't however provide a good income and livlihood and for that I am very thankful.

Well, off to get chores done I guess before it gets too hot. Have a good start to the week. We can now officially say we are below 5 weeks. They left port really late yesterday as someone on the cruise posted on cruise critic and said there was something wrong with the pump on the flowrider (their surfing thingy) they had to fix. Jack said you could see a big crane next to the ship so I imagine they replaced the thing. They leave at 3:30 our time but didn't get out until nearly 6 yesterday. Hopefully we won't have any issues!!! Faye
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's going to be another hot humid afternoon in my neighborhood. Schools are dismissing early once again. The weatherman says a cold front is coming in; his idea of a cold front and my idea of a cold front are far apart! Not much money to count at church but the computer that I use wouldn't let me into the program so I ended up using the secretary's computer which worked fine. No one else should have been on "my" computer so have no clue what happened. Gift shop deposit was pretty good considering it only for four days last week. I'm waiting for them to call off the soccer games tonight. Ian also has a football game but it is late, at 7:30, so we are going to pass. Next week is early and on Sunday.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry you aren't feeling the best again. I hope the hormones will help get you through the cruise. Bob said he heard on Fox radio that the USPS wants to raise the price of stamps three cents because they are still losing money. I don't know why they just don't do five cents a time; I can't remember how much stamps are now as it is! I can't believe shipping local mail 2 1/2 hours and then 2 1/2 hours back here for delivery is cost effective. But what do I know? If I mail something to the small town 5 miles west of us, it goes 2 1/2 hours to Des Moines, then 5 hours northwest to Sioux Falls, and back to the little town. It takes three days if I'm lucky! Lots of times if I have mail going west I take it over there and mail it so it goes directly to Sioux Falls and then on. Crazy! I would worry about being underground and the gases too!

I need to change laundry loads and keep moving. Hope you all enjoy a marvelous Monday!