View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #77
happy2bme
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Or should I say afternoon as the clock just ticked over. Yesterday I spent a lot of money - ordered a new microwave and also ordered replacement shades for the front part of the house - open living room / dining room combo. Ordered some fall / winter boots too. All on sale - tried to get the most for my money where possible. It's chilly today and going to dip below freezing tonight - I am trying to decide if it's even worth it to cover things or should I just pull everything out. I do have a lot of tomatoes left on the vines but the flowers are starting to peter out. We still have 2 hummingbirds who really should have left already - they are feeding on the flowers more than the one feeder we still have up. I am keeping the nectar fresh in case there's any passers by or stragglers left. Going to make a pot of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscano - one of DH's favorite soups with spicy Italian Sausage, potatoes and kale. Perfect day for soup.

I haven't heard about the job - probably won't. That's ok, there's more than enough to fill my life and I am cool with what will be, will be.

Thank you for the update on Mel Shad. Sounds like you could use a bit of a rest yourself.

Do you mostly have rice and cotton up your way Ceejay? I was really surprised to see all the rice fields - I always imagined rice in some place like China or Japan, not here in the south Speaking of rice, I should make some sushi too before my avocados go soft.

Have fun with the writing class Michelle - it's good to have something like that spur you on to write. Just hope you can squeeze the time inbetween other things.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldies, I'm off to get cooking. Enjoy your Sunday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote