View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #14
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
It does have a different texture than a regular crust but it holds together fine. Here's a photo of my first attempt, you can see how a slice holds up:

There are all sorts of recipes online, I read through several and just sort of did my own version. Basically I take a cup of shredded cauliflower (which can be done with a cheese grater or food processor), cook it for a couple of minutes in the microwave, and when it's cool enough to work with add a cup of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) and one egg. This is the batter for the crust, which can be seasoned before baking. I formed and baked it on parchment paper (although a greased pan should work fine) for about 20 minutes in a preheated 450 oven. Once it's cool enough to work with, top as you like and bake it in a 350 oven for an additional 8 minutes.
Thanks for sharing! Sounds simple enough, I'll give it a try

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote