South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wanderin' Weekend on the Beach 9/14 - 9/15

Good morning chicks! I was apparently too excited to meet Cottage, and woke up early. Time to get the coffee in for the drive, and then breakfast!!

Next we wander around Hershey visiting here and there, and chattering...only about dieting, right?

Anyone else doing exciting things today?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I can't wait to meet you for breakfast, Tammy! I kept waking up and watching the clock all night long, too.

I'm having a Paul's now, then will make one to enjoy on the road. Thank goodness the weather has cooled considerably so we won't be sweltering all day!

Chocolate, anyone?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. I see Cottage online right now so she'll be here in a minute. I know you two will have a greet mini-meet today. (Of course she posted while I was hanging around and HAD to mention Paul!)

Had a hectic and long day in town yesterday but did get lots of niggly shopping done - including buying a pair of black pants one size bigger. I hate it when things shrink but know why. I did have a fairly decadent summer.

The doggage go to the kennel later this morning and then I head off to Ottawa for the family wedding. I have a hotel reservation and just may work in an afternoon nap before the event which is at 4 PM. We are all supposed to go out for dim-sum late Sunday morning which means I sure won't be going to yet another chicken BBQ as I'll still be full - of food AND guilt!

Have a great weekend, Beachers! I sure will. Enjoy breakfast together, Linda and Tammy. I wish I was joining you.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #4  

Good morning, Ruth! I sure wish you could join us but I know you have a wedding today and a busy week ahead with your DD coming.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Oooooo, ladies! What an exciting morning everyone has! All the comings and goings.
Nothing special on my agenda today and I don't mind that at all. After a busy work week I like having the freedom to do whatever. I need to get groceries, maybe I'll do some cleaning but maybe not...I think it is too wet to do much outside. I saw a couple broccoli plants blew over in the big storm the other day. My rain gauge has measured over 4 1/2 inches of rain since the storms Wednesday night.

The coffee is ready if anyone needs more. Safe travels to all!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, don't worry Beth nothing exciting planned sounds good to me too Although, Tammy and Linda's plans for the day sound great as does Ruth's family wedding. CyndiM will be off trying to new kyack which sounds like fun (kyacking is on my to do list as I have never tried it)

Ruth it's Donut Shop in my cup today. Yes I know cops and donuts lol

DS seems to have made out well with having his wisdom teeth removed. Boy was he loopy afterwards with a foul mouth. Truthfully I was glad he fell asleep when we got home. I didn't wake him nor did I fill his prescription for Vicoden. Maybe it's me, but with so many kids getting high off these meds I don't want that temptation in my house. I did let him take prescription strength Motrin. He woke up after midnight, waking me to complain about letting him sleep. Oh well Then he proceeded to make an entire bag of ravioli which he devoured before returning to bed. Guess he feels better.

As for my sleep, I was in bed at 8:30 on a Fruday night. I am such a wild woman! Four trips to the facilities led to a water whoosh this morning. I kept waking up to "low battery." Apparently the CO2 alarm needed attention.

I did sneak in a great ride at Harriman State Park. Today I will go for an easy ride as we have a scheduled ride for Sunday. Tonight is the Columbia Greene Sportsman's Annual Diner with Joe's parents. Totallybcasual and fun. Lots of games and raffles. I wanted to win a fishing trip in Canada last year, maybe this year

Ok I am rambling here. Everyone have a Hershey kinda day with lots of hugs and kisses
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

OK one more thing....I just made coffee using the refillable k-pod. I know I am behind the times with these coffee makers. I don't think I'll be returning Joe's anytime soon. I think, dare I say it, I'm in love
Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth enjoy your family wedding

Linda and tammy have a great day. Yes I see chocolate around there

Beth hope you get time to relax too

Jen. Once again have a nice bike ride

Thinking of Debbie and hoping she is fine

I am done to my last zucchini. Maked 8 breads up to now. They are well wrapped and my freezer for hostess gifts and family. I think two more today. I haven't touched any but still having a very hard time staying on track. Weekends are so hard

Take care
Sophie
Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's late but still before noon! I'm waiting for the sun to break through the fog before venturing out, or apparently even before making breakfast Tim goes back to work tomorrow (7 am, who thought that was a good idea!) so we are enjoying the last slow morning for awhile.

Tammy & Cottage - have a great time! Don't forget the picture

Ruth - I've had some clothing shrinkage too. ugh. Hope it's a lovely wedding

Jennifer - come on up to Vermont. We have lots of places to kayak and extra kayaks here until Tim's son decides to pick his up (they've been here over a year already so I don't think they are going anywhere soon)

Beth - I am seriously sick of rain this year. Seems like every time we get it another road washes out.

Sophie - I would have a very hard time resisting the breads. I love things like that more than chocolate. Happy baking

Well time to get breakfast going (an omelet with leftover grilled peppers and squash) and get those kayaks loaded. Today it's all play because tomorrow there are grapes and peaches to process, lots and lots of both from our own little yard. Happy Saturday friends
Old 09-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi. Last yesr I read on the internet to wrap you baked stuff in wax paper (keeps it moist) then foil and into ziplock bag. I made some yogourt lemon loafs in march 13 and sos took some and said they were as good as freshly baked
Take care sophie
Old 09-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm working this afternoon then dinner at friends again. Lots of eating out this weekend which is never good for staying OP. Got my lab results yesterday and apparently I am officially post-menopausal. I'm actually excited about it since I won't miss having that little visitor one bit. Tomorrow DH and I should be able to hike in the morning before it rains.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for kind thoughts. I'm doing fine, so far, if it would just stop raining! We have not had the total devastation here but the two creeks that come down into our town have both been very high, mostly wiping out bridges, which is a pain but not life changing. My mom lost a road that had two big culverts....oh, well. Project is moving forward...plumber still working. I am planning meals for when my friends are here and just brought home 36buffalo burgers my boss ordered for me at work. (nice price)

We're having a rainfree moment and DH just came in...guess I'll say hello to him.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Popping in late but wanted to say. Went shopping with DD2 and got myself a new pair of running shoes it was time.

The weather is just so nice outside loving it.

Cottage and Twynn hope you remember to take a picture to post.

Debbie glad you guys are okay

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Karen- I completely understand.

Okay food preserving chicks, I was going to make canned peaches with the bounty from our yard tree, Unfortunately they're not beautiful peaches, I know I should have thinned more than I did. I'm looking for something without added sugar, maybe a peach butter. I found one recipe (and one for no sugar added grape butter for the grape harvest) but I'm open to ideas and recipes. Anyone?
Old 09-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #15  

I'm back from a wonderful day spent with Tammy and am sitting here with my feet up and a mug of tea by my side. We had a lovely time strolling through the farmer's market and outlet mall, went to two wineries where we sampled and bought some great wine, and mostly talked and talked and talked. She's as delightful in person as she is on-line, and we connected instantly.

And, as usual, we totally forgot to take pictures. Sorry!
Closed Thread