Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/12/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Have a glorious day, past mid week and weekend is around the corner!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

4th day of my restart and I feel great! Yesterday was a little rough, but nothing I didn't expect and couldn't handle. My message to myself - stay away from Quest bars this time......
I was reading this thread yesterday and was screaming "yes" at the computer screen. So many of you mentioned the Quest bars causing cravings for you also and I am so happy hear that this isn't just me! I had originally purchased 2 (cinnamon and banana nut). Loved the cinnamon and when I returned to get more, there was a sale and I bought an entire box. Thus began my descent down the slipper slope. If 1 is good, then 2 must be better, etc., etc. I had not noticed these cravings with other products before, so these will definitely have to be a "no-go" for me. If I ever really need one, for road trip, etc., I will go into GNC and purchase only 1 bar! 1 bar, not 1 box. Lesson learned.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I had my WI yesterday & was so glad it was better than the 0.4 loss from last week! 2.6 is good, but my coach said to look more closely at the types of protein I'm eating & eat more lettuce to see if I can lose that or a bit more next week.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Morning IP'ers - hope everyone has a rockin' day OP today!!

Congrats on the loss this week kkids. More lettuce is a good idea.

Princess Peacock - keep repeating your mantra, you'll lead yourself to success no doubt.

Sonolady - yes, we did it, so close to weekend, woohoo!

Lisa - per usual, thanks for the daily thread.

Okay everyone, nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile TODAY and yes, plan your day. Stay well!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #6  

I am back to really struggling to get all the food in on this plan! I know that some of it is that my adrenal problems leave me with no appetite whatsoever, but it really is hard for me to get this bulk of food into my system each day. I did okay days 1-6, but I have really struggled the last few.

I am trying zucchini muffins today, maybe that will help too! The vegetable choices at my local groceries are really limited.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning, all!

Weigh-in number 9 and down 4.4 lbs! Not sure what I did differently last week to bring such a big loss, but I wish I could duplicate it!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th! EEEK!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Morning All!

I am getting such satisfaction and enjoyment just from the feeling of how 'in control' I am this time (this diet). Binging and being out of control is such a miserable existence, so breaking that pattern has given me a much brighter outlook on.......everything! Am thankful for this forum and all of my fellow IP'ers who share their journeys, successes and challenges.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #9  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Morning everyone!! Cooked a nice dinner last nigh - made the "Lamber Jules" Shephards pie and I ate 3 bites and was full!! Just like Silver I too struggle to eat everything its more force feeding than anything .. and I'm only doing 3-4 packets a day ... I think I'm just going to switch things up by switching lunch and dinner.. Have a great OP Day!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #10  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! I had the greatest dinner last night. I made the potato puffs in a larger baking bowl and turned it into a hamburger bun. I had my burger with bun and rutabaga fries. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven...and 100% on plan, without a restricted!!!!

Who woulda thunk it??

Have a great day all!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
I am back to really struggling to get all the food in on this plan! I know that some of it is that my adrenal problems leave me with no appetite whatsoever, but it really is hard for me to get this bulk of food into my system each day. I did okay days 1-6, but I have really struggled the last few.

I am trying zucchini muffins today, maybe that will help too! The vegetable choices at my local groceries are really limited.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of adrenal problems do you have? Are you recovering from Cushings? I had an adrenalectomy in 2009 and then spent 2 years being cortisol-deficient. That is a special kind of ****. Whatever your issue is, I wanted to send a hug.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks.

This has been my first week on Phase 4 and I won't lie I have been nervous. Despite "knowing" that I won't immediately gain weight that fear has been in the back of my mind.

So I have been cautious about what I've reintroduced into my diet - maybe too much so. At any rate I've still managed to lose another 1.5 pounds in the last week.

One other thing I've noticed is that it seems my relationship with food seems to have changed. Which is a good thing. In the past my view of food has included thinking of it as a reward or as a comfort, etc. Also they physically sensations of eating and that feeling of being "full" was something to strive for any time I ate. Let's be clear here, that feeling of being full was me feeling stuffed like a Christmas turkey. If I didn't have that feeling then I was left feeling empty physically as well emotionally.

This last week I find myself eating and viewing food as a fuel that my body needs. Not something that I must derive pleasure from. Case in point has been while in the other phases I sometimes had those thoughts of "I can't wait to have xxxx food back in my diet. As I've read many times by other members here on the forum. Now that I can have that food item it no longer holds much appeal to me. An example is fruit, I've always liked fruit but now that I can eat it, it hasn't been this wondrous gastronomical delight that I thought it might be. I've found the same with bread, it tastes fine but I no longer am finding that I "must" eat 4-6 slices for a meal/snack etc. So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Still no word on the job front - I've got 7 days of work left before I'm done. I have been looking at going back to school but will need to do some upgrading. That process seems/feels overwhelming at the moment but only because I am waiting on others to get back to me to answer some questions.
Emotionally I am feeling better - it's too much work and too draining to be angry all the time. It just wears you out and doesn't solve the issue.

Look at me, just babbling away. Thanks for listening and I hope everyone has a good day/week.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Morning All!

I am getting such satisfaction and enjoyment just from the feeling of how 'in control' I am this time (this diet). Binging and being out of control is such a miserable existence, so breaking that pattern has given me a much brighter outlook on.......everything! Am thankful for this forum and all of my fellow IP'ers who share their journeys, successes and challenges.
Yay for you! I know exactly what you mean, and I thank you for reminding me of that. It is sometimes hard for me to believe, and easy for me to forget, that early in this calendar year I was convinced that I was severely depressed and was going to see a doctor for medication. I started this plan instead and never looked back. It perked me right up. I think it regulated my blood sugar levels, for sure, but it also made me feel in control and proud of myself again. Now that's a mood elevator!

My husband tells me I am like a new person and it is only now that I am realizing what was "wrong" with me back then. Thank God (and I do quite litrally) for IP.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Morning folks.

This has been my first week on Phase 4 and I won't lie I have been nervous. Despite "knowing" that I won't immediately gain weight that fear has been in the back of my mind.

So I have been cautious about what I've reintroduced into my diet - maybe too much so. At any rate I've still managed to lose another 1.5 pounds in the last week.

One other thing I've noticed is that it seems my relationship with food seems to have changed. Which is a good thing. In the past my view of food has included thinking of it as a reward or as a comfort, etc. Also they physically sensations of eating and that feeling of being "full" was something to strive for any time I ate. Let's be clear here, that feeling of being full was me feeling stuffed like a Christmas turkey. If I didn't have that feeling then I was left feeling empty physically as well emotionally.

This last week I find myself eating and viewing food as a fuel that my body needs. Not something that I must derive pleasure from. Case in point has been while in the other phases I sometimes had those thoughts of "I can't wait to have xxxx food back in my diet. As I've read many times by other members here on the forum. Now that I can have that food item it no longer holds much appeal to me. An example is fruit, I've always liked fruit but now that I can eat it, it hasn't been this wondrous gastronomical delight that I thought it might be. I've found the same with bread, it tastes fine but I no longer am finding that I "must" eat 4-6 slices for a meal/snack etc. So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Still no word on the job front - I've got 7 days of work left before I'm done. I have been looking at going back to school but will need to do some upgrading. That process seems/feels overwhelming at the moment but only because I am waiting on others to get back to me to answer some questions.
Emotionally I am feeling better - it's too much work and too draining to be angry all the time. It just wears you out and doesn't solve the issue.

Look at me, just babbling away. Thanks for listening and I hope everyone has a good day/week.
Best wishes for the "Reinvention of Spiritman" . You are an inspiration and example of how to handle stress while transitioning to maintenance. We are all cheering for you!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #15  

Hi all
Nashua Nutrition is offering free shipping on orders over $49 TODAY ONLY
Closed Thread