South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Default Somewhat frustrated

I've done SB in the past with success but this time 'round it's a little frustrating.
I started in August and dropped 5 lbs, very happy. Since that 5 lb loss I have actually gained 3 lbs back and I am not doing anything differently than when I started. I didn't take my measurements (I usually don't) and I feel one pair of pants do fit a little better and I obviously feel better in general but I wouldn't have expected a gain.
I'm certainly not new at this program but I could use some suggestions if anyone wants to chime in. Maybe I just need to shake things up a bit. Thanks.
seachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I feel your pain, seachick! I know for me, the first time was actually the easiest. Saying that...

**what's your age and height?
**I saw your menu on the other thread, but I would post it here, and with approx portions...like a whole or half chicken breast and 1/2c. veggies? 3 cups veggies? Do you watch your portions on nuts?
**do you do any exercise?

Maybe some of these chicks can help you out!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #3  

With this being posted, is there someplace to see what the portions are suppose to be for all foods on all phases?
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Chickadee - it's more to make sure that you're getting your 4.5+ cups daily of veggies, and not eating a pound of hamburger . We really don't "measure" on SBD, although it comes in handy if you're at a plateau.

BTW seachick - I only asked your age b/c losing weight in your 40's is waaay different than your 20's, speaking from experience!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #5  

TwynnB,
you don't have to remind me about the age thing. LOL I am 58 and if you think it's hard in your 40's, wait until you get to be my age. I do exercise, sometimes a lot, sometimes not. As of late I've been all over the place on exercise but I do walk during the week.

As for portions I follow the portion guide given in in The South Beach Diet Good Fats Good Carbs Guide (love that little book) so I know my portions are right BUT I have been known to not eat ENOUGH and I'm thinking that could be my problem yet again. It's been hot here and when it's hot I tend not to eat much. I do drink more than enough water.

I appreciate the feedback everyone and I will certainly take everything that was said into consideration. I'm thinking I may have to change up the food I'm eating. If you eat the same foods day after day, your body does tend to adjust and I think I may have to give it a jolt with something new.

I'm not giving up, I'm too far in and to the point where I am comfortable again about how I am eating. I'll keep you posted on what transpires.

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

I definately understand your pain... I have been on a pleateau for a few months.
I have tried adding in different foods to try and 'shake things up' , but I think I am doing the same thing as you, not eating enough in the hot summer weather.
So I have decided to up my 'healthy calorie' intake (aka beans) to see if that helps at all.

Good luck with getting that scale moving downwards again
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #7  

Lindsay,
I've also decided to start upping my healthy calorie intake as of today by adding more beans. I'm crossing my fingers in the hope that the small change will jump start my weight loss again.

By the way, congrats on your success so far, you're doing great!

Last edited by seachick; 09-13-2013 at 12:40 AM.