Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #1  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Default First pregnancy after a miscarriage.

Hey guys I have one healthy little 3 year old and just found out I'm pregnant again! Yay!
About 6 months ago I had a miscarriage at about 9 weeks- my only one. I had miscarried just after pushing my students to a field trip in a large wagon/ buggy and had been zumbaing hard previous to that. I know most miscarriages just happen because the pregnancy wasn't viable, but just wondering what workouts I can do to stay healthy and lose healthily without stressing out baby- I was this pregnancy to have ever hope for success as possible.

I am eating POP, as clean and unprocessed as possible and stay around 1600-1900 calories a day.

Last edited by mountain mama; 09-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say congrats.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I lost my first pregnancy to a miscarriage last year, and am currently in my second pregnancy now (which seems to be going well so far), which will make me a first time mom.

I'd say talk to your doctor about any concerns you have with exercise and diet. Mine recommended low-impact workouts, so I've temporarily traded in jogging for good old-fashioned walking. She also gave me the greenlight for specific gym equipment.

You'll definitely need to be eating more calories, as now is not the time to be concerned about losing weight! Creating a calorie deficit, by most accounts, is not healthy for the unborn baby. You basically need to maintain your weight while eating enough extra calories for the baby to grow on; you also need to build your placenta and extra blood and other fluids. There are many online calculators that will help you figure out how many daily calories you need, here's one of them: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pre...calculator.htm ... if anything, it's a great number to start with that you can further discuss with your doctor.

How much you should be gaining is based mainly on your BMI. In my case, I'm still obese so I'm supposed to gain anywhere between 11 and 20 pounds, and I'm in a good place given that I've gained 10 pounds so far and still have three months to go. I'm a bit annoyed that I had to pause my weight loss efforts, but the little one arriving in December will be so totally worth it. I'm looking forward to getting back on the wagon and being an active, healthy mom.

Good luck to you, and take care!

Last edited by Elladorine; 09-10-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I have no advice, just hugs.
Congrats on your pregnancy!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #5  

Thanks for the congrats and big hi to only

The advice is helpful ellad- I'm definitely making sure the food I eat is nutritious and bountiful I have my first doc appointment today.
Big congrats to you on your first baby! It gives me hope that things can turn out just fine even with prior miscarriages!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Definitely ask your doctor but the general rule is if your body is used to the exercise it will probally be okay but now is not the time to do anything real strenuous. Get through your first trimester and congrats to you. Ask your doctor on the calories, you are eating for 2 and I understand not wanting to gain too much weight but now is not the time to lose.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Hi mountain mama! Congrats on your new pregnancy and sorry for your loss. I also had a 3 year old, lost at 9 weeks and got pregnant shortly after (he is now 10 months). Mirror story!

I just did a bit of light yoga in the first 3 months, I can never work out in 1st tri due to nausea and tiredness.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #8  

Sacha- glad to hear your story with a happy ending! I'm slacking off on the Zumba and sticking to walking and walk away the pounds DVDs. Feeling good so far- thanks for the advice- I need to dig out my yoga DVDs!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #9  

Height: 5'0"

Congrats!

My last pregnancy was high risk because of previous miscarriages and my age. I stuck with just slow walking, and everything ended up okay. I have a beautiful boy now.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #10  

So happy to hear about your beautiful boy, banana
Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Definitely eat the best possible foods & walk. Everyday. Walking is so so good for you. I've had 5 miscarriages, just took Clomid this cycle & my dr has advised no exercise or sex for the entire first trimester. I may ask about walking. I have lost 90lbs and will not be gaining that back so I'd really like to keep up my fitness.

Please please talk to your dr. I'm sure that he can aid you finding a healthy plan for your pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's so hard losing babies, but what a blessing when you get your little blessing
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote