View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #54
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A super quick post this morning. I had a fabulous birthday! The party Saturday night was great! And Ziplining on Sunday was really fun! I admit, I freaked out on the first line and thought I was going too fast, so I applied the brakes and got stuck halfway across....had to pull myself arm over arm to the other side. I almost called it quits right then. But the guide agreed to take me tandem, which meant both of us clipped on the line together so I didn't have to worry about braking or steering (which is done to keep you from spinning on the line)...I could just enjoy the ride. And enjoy I did! We rented a helmet cam, so I hope to have video to share in a week or so.

Sunday, on the way home from Ziplining, I got very nauseous. At first, I thought it was carsickness from the windy road. Then when it didn't go away after I got home and when I still felt very nauseous yesterday morning (so much so that I didn't go to work yesterday), I chalked it up to the busy weekend, insomnia and adrenaline. I'm doing much better today, now that my feet have been firmly on terra firma for over a day.

Annie - I'm saying prayers for your dear brother. I hope they determine the cause of the levels being so high and are able to correct it. Sending hugs to you.

Shad - Saying prayers for your DS2 as well. I've heard of Bells Palsy, but don't remember the details. I hope his health will right itself soon.

to everyone! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had such a great and wonderfully memorable time!

Much love and many hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote