South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #1  

Default SB comes with September for me

I am gearing up to start P1 next week.

I have the book SB Supercharged and I am reading it. The only issue I see is I do not like artificial sweetners.

And I notice it shows greek yogurt- nonfat ok, but it doesn't list regular yogurt. (so what will I mix in my yogurt!) Can I use milk sugar?

,I am so ready for this.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:53 AM   #2  
Mous

Chickadeee, my DH and I start tomorrow so we will do this together and with the help of these seasoned Ladies on the Beach we will flourish.

LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chickadeee and LadyWindsong, I wish you both much success!

You CAN have both regular and Greek yogurt, just make sure for Phase 1 that's it's plain and fat-free. And you can mix in SF jello, Crystal Lite, unsweetened cocoa, peanutbutter, SF jam, or any other Phase allowed food.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Chickadeee, I don't use artificial sweeteners by themselves (sweet-n-low, Equal, Splenda, etc.) and it's never been a problem for me.

I use Torani or Davinci SF coffee syrups which are sweetened with Splenda for my coffee and use their fruit syrups for making my own sparkling water. But the fruit flavors and even some of the coffee flavors are great to flavor plain yogurt, vanilla protein shakes, and more.

*For my yogurt maker I use blue agave sweetener. Agave is a natural sweetener and can also be used in beverages and other things.
seachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #5  

Chickadeee, I don't use artificial sweeteners by themselves (sweet-n-low, Equal, Splenda, etc.) and it's never been a problem for me.

Thank you, I just need to try other things to stir in the yogurt, just for a bit of favor.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/226/200

Height: 5' 8"

I use an all natural stevia. The liquid form is my favorite and they have a vanilla flavor that is fantastic in yogurt and my morning coffee.
Ntasha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
I am gearing up to start P1 next week.

I have the book SB Supercharged and I am reading it. The only issue I see is I do not like artificial sweetners.

,I am so ready for this.
I don't like artificial sweeteners either .. however I've really enjoyed Stevia.. KAL is the brand I like.. it's a powder and it only takes a tiny tiny scoop (like less than the size of a pinky nail) to sweeten 1/2 cup of yogurt.
PirateJeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #8  

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJeni View Post
I don't like artificial sweeteners either .. however I've really enjoyed Stevia.. KAL is the brand I like.. it's a powder and it only takes a tiny tiny scoop (like less than the size of a pinky nail) to sweeten 1/2 cup of yogurt.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #9  
EveMarie

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'8

I just started SB last week, it's going pretty well but I can't say if I lost anything because I'm starting my periods so I'm bloated. My scale said I lost 4 pounds after 3 days, but I know it's water weight and now with water retention, I don't want to look because I will be miserable if the weight is back. I want to lose at least 20 pounds. I would love for the results to be very fast but I reaaaaaaally want this to last, I don't want any yoyo dieting anymore. I want to go back to my regular weight (before my 2 babies and before the anti-anxiety pills).
EveMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #10  

hello everyone. I too will be restarting sbd phase 1 Wednesday. I will be flying back from Disney tonight. Tuesday I will be doing my shopping and cooking. also planon going to the library and read the sbd book.
lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #11  

Hi everyone, so good to see some other new starters on SB. I don't feel so alone, and I love hearing how it is going.

My first week of P1 went good, I lost 3 lbs (and some inches) so don't know if that is a really good loss, but I will take it.

I think it is important to plan for your start day, I know I find myself thinking about what I will make (since my DH isn't doing SB).

But yeah, for us.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #12  
Mous

I think you did awesome!
Lou and I will not weigh until the 2 weeks are over.
Planning and reading information is so vital to success and having support is A+.
Wishing you a happy and healthy second week.

LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #13  

Thank you Windsong, I always am reading the SB book, and I know I need support - that the hard part for me.

But I can't wait to hear how you guys do, Good wishes coming your way.