Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default New to meta slim! Question about hummus

Hi! I joined the MRC this week to start the Meta Slim plan. I recently did the HCG plan with them. I know, it is not healthy and really extremem. I didnt find out until I did my research in the middle of it. Will not be doing that again. I lost 19 but feel I could have lost that amound or close with meta slim and still ate more and get to excerise!

I am on pre conditioning week now. I havent seen the menus, I will on Wednesday when I go to the meeting and I start Thursday morning.

My question is.... can you eat hummus on this plan? I have a hard time with some veggies but if i have even a tiny bit of hummus with them I have no problem! Beans are allowed on the pre conditioning week and hummus is a chick pea so I was just curious.

Thanks for any help!

Clarissa
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Most hummus has added fat, often a great deal of fat, which will probably put most ready-to-eat varieties of hummus off-plan. If you're allowed additional fat, you may be able to fit it in (I'm not as familiar with HMR as I am with other meal replacement plans ( I'm on Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet currently).

If beans are allowed, you should be able to make your own hummus and other bean purees, as long as you use only legal ingredients. Basically, you mash or blend a can of drained chickpeas, or beans of any kind, even baked, pork n' beans, or refried beans (as long as all of the ingredients are plan-legal) with any seasonings, veggies or herbs you'd like such as onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsley, celery, cilantro, diced tomatoes, green chiles... (the possible combinations are endless) and then mash or puree until it's the consistency you like. A food processor or blender works best if you want a smooth consistency.

Just last week, I added a can of low-fat refried beans to a saucepan and whisked in a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. No ther seasonings were needed.

It made a great taco salad topping.

If beans or any legal ingredient you want to add aren't unlimited on your plan, you'll need to measure before pureeing or mashing and will have to calculate serving size accordingly.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #3  

Thanks for responding! I may try and make my own!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

I just checked and hummus is not permitted on the Meta-Slim plan. Sorry!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

You can have hummus.
I just read your post there is a recipie in the cookbook on page 25 for hummus. It makes 2 servings and replaces a starch serving. Can be used on all menus.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #6  

OMG thanks so much for the recipe page! I just bought the book!!!!