Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 9/9/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Shoot, just typed my post and somehow lost it! And it was so witty and interesting. Well, I'll post this one instead

Good Morning Fellow IPers!! Hope everyone had a great OP weekend and looking forward to a 100% OP week! I had decided when I first started this journey that I was not going to keep it a secret. I was going to commit 100% and let people in my life know about it (not broadcast it, but not keep it secret either). To close friends and family I actually made a point to tell them about the program and that I wanted their support. I have 'announced' diets so many times before that I had to include "please try not to be skeptical, and just support me. I really believe I will succeed this time". There is an obvious difference in my attitude and commitment this time and everyone has been wonderful. I also knew that if I kept it to myself it would be way too easy to give up (should that feeling ever strike - so far, so good!). I can say now, 3 weeks in, I feel stronger and more committed than ever, and hope and pray I can continue to feel this resolute! It DEFINITELY helps to see the success of everyone else on this forum - really keeps me going. Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Good morning everyone!!!!! It's going to be a great OP week!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #4  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday, everyone!

This is going to be a challenging week for me due to too many off-site meetings and late work days. UGH.

The biggest challenge will be getting in all my water today. I am reluctant to drink a ton of water before I have to drive for 30-35 minutes (IgottapeeIgottapeeIgottapee!). Then I have a dental appt (I hope my breath doesn't kill anyone), followed by meetings (I have a mango drink to have for lunch), am really hoping I can head home a little early so I have time to cook dinner (making sure to make up all my veggies!) before I have to head out to my bunco night. I'm not worried about the bowls of candy that will be on every table -- I can resist that. And I can probably get in some more water there, although it's also about a 30 minute drive home! I'll probably end up drinking water from 9-10 tonight and then will be up every hour!

Tomorrow I should be able to get by with a late lunch and get in most of my water in the afternoon since meetings are in the morning.

Weds. I have to drive an hour to another location but I have to make sure to time it so I am at the second location (90 min from the first) by 4:00. At least I'll have all evening to play catch up! Then Thursday will be okay until 5:00 when I have to attend a work event where dinner will be served. I know the admin person who is ordering the food so I'll find out ahead of time if there will be anything I can eat. There's a "social hour" afterward at a local bar/restaurant that our director thinks we should attend, but I think I'm going to risk his wrath by skipping it. That way I can go home and cook dinner if need be. Friday shouldn't be too bad as I don't have to be off-site until 3:00 so I should be able to get all my water in and it won't conflict with any meals.

Sorry -- I'm rambling! But now that I've listed it all out, I have a better mental picture of what I need to do.

Okay, time to go get in the shower so I can get on this rollercoaster!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #5  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Today marks the end of my 16th week & I'm down a total of 53.2lb! I'm staying on Phase 1 til Halloween, then i'll be phasing out for the holidays. I've decided to start exercising with a personal trainer starting in December! I'm so excited!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Today marks the end of my 16th week & I'm down a total of 53.2lb! I'm staying on Phase 1 til Halloween, then i'll be phasing out for the holidays. I've decided to start exercising with a personal trainer starting in December! I'm so excited!
WOW!!! 16 weeks and 53.2lbs that is so amazing. That is where I would love to be in 16 weeks. Vegas in Dec would be nice 50lbs lighter!!!!
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #7  

I am so excited about entering my 1st full week on IP. I am on day 4 and know I can do this. Thanks for all of the success stories here they help so much.
I will be heading to Vegas in Dec to see my son compete he is professional athelete. I am going to surprise him with this weigh loss. I know I can do this. Thanks to all of you guys that post and support us newbies.
HAPPY HAPPY IP MONDAY!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Morning all!!

Today is DH and I's 2nd anniversary, and I'm super excited!! I'm going to resist the urge to get all mushygushy, but man! He's kinda the best. Tonight, we're going out to our fav brazillian bbq place for dinner (MMMM... MEAT!) and then home to bed.

In other news, I attempted the Proti-Diet pancake this morning, and... yeah, not happy with the results. The middle was a bit too wet and mooshy for my taste. I'm wondering if I didn't cook it long enough? Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! I had my third weigh in this morning, down another 2.2 which is 12 total for three weeks. I am pretty happy with that. This week was a little slower but while I was "mostly" OP I had a few non intentional slip ups (ny strip at a restaurant that was marinated in something sweet- who marinates a NY strip!) and I rode my bike yesterday for 6 miles and I always weigh more the day after I exercise. But all and all I am pretty happy!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #10  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! I am starting my 11th week and I am down 28.6 lbs. I have 8.4 to goal!! I am getting so excited and nervous at the same time. P1 is so restricted that it makes it so easy. When I have to start thinking for myself, I will HAVE TO keep myself super organized, with menus etc. But I have come this far and I know I can do it!

I went clothes shopping last week. That was so much fun! Nothing better than a couple new outfits in a smaller size to get you smiling.

Last edited by Maxxy; 09-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Shoot, just typed my post and somehow lost it! And it was so witty and interesting. Well, I'll post this one instead

Good Morning Fellow IPers!! Hope everyone had a great OP weekend and looking forward to a 100% OP week! I had decided when I first started this journey that I was not going to keep it a secret. I was going to commit 100% and let people in my life know about it (not broadcast it, but not keep it secret either). To close friends and family I actually made a point to tell them about the program and that I wanted their support. I have 'announced' diets so many times before that I had to include "please try not to be skeptical, and just support me. I really believe I will succeed this time". There is an obvious difference in my attitude and commitment this time and everyone has been wonderful. I also knew that if I kept it to myself it would be way too easy to give up (should that feeling ever strike - so far, so good!). I can say now, 3 weeks in, I feel stronger and more committed than ever, and hope and pray I can continue to feel this resolute! It DEFINITELY helps to see the success of everyone else on this forum - really keeps me going. Have a great week everyone!
I think this is awesome. While everyone has their own ways, this has worked for me as well. Unlike in the past, I have been very open about this whole process. I have gotten so much more support that way, I've felt the awesome feeling of acceptance, and, it has just been a healthier approach to getting healthy. For me, part of this process has needed to include being honest with myself and with those around me . . . but mostly with myself. It has been very freeing. Keep up the great work!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #12  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPeeps!!

I had a great weekend away seeing my favorite band. I got my picture taken with two of the guys after the show, and compared it to a pic I have with them from June! What a difference in my face!! Can't wait to compare it to the pics I get when I see them again in November!

Hope everyone has a great OP week. Looking forward to my weigh-in on Thursday. I'm feeling extra skinny lately.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Happy Monday, everyone!

This is going to be a challenging week for me due to too many off-site meetings and late work days. UGH.

The biggest challenge will be getting in all my water today. I am reluctant to drink a ton of water before I have to drive for 30-35 minutes (IgottapeeIgottapeeIgottapee!). Then I have a dental appt (I hope my breath doesn't kill anyone), followed by meetings (I have a mango drink to have for lunch), am really hoping I can head home a little early so I have time to cook dinner (making sure to make up all my veggies!) before I have to head out to my bunco night. I'm not worried about the bowls of candy that will be on every table -- I can resist that. And I can probably get in some more water there, although it's also about a 30 minute drive home! I'll probably end up drinking water from 9-10 tonight and then will be up every hour!

Tomorrow I should be able to get by with a late lunch and get in most of my water in the afternoon since meetings are in the morning.

Weds. I have to drive an hour to another location but I have to make sure to time it so I am at the second location (90 min from the first) by 4:00. At least I'll have all evening to play catch up! Then Thursday will be okay until 5:00 when I have to attend a work event where dinner will be served. I know the admin person who is ordering the food so I'll find out ahead of time if there will be anything I can eat. There's a "social hour" afterward at a local bar/restaurant that our director thinks we should attend, but I think I'm going to risk his wrath by skipping it. That way I can go home and cook dinner if need be. Friday shouldn't be too bad as I don't have to be off-site until 3:00 so I should be able to get all my water in and it won't conflict with any meals.

Sorry -- I'm rambling! But now that I've listed it all out, I have a better mental picture of what I need to do.

Okay, time to go get in the shower so I can get on this rollercoaster!

Have a great day, everyone!
Wow! That IS quite a week. I only have one tidbit of advice. I used to look at long drives the way you do. I used to slow my water intake so as not to have to make a potty stop, too. Then I started having too many days where I was short on water. THEN I began realizing that pulling off somewhere to go potty is not the end of the world. It usually takes less than 5 minutes and, in exchange for better health and a new bod, it was well worth it. Try opening up to the idea of stopping on your drives if you would need to. You will get your water in so much easier that way -- you are worth that extra bit of time.

Good luck with your week!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #14  
sugar is the devil

Good news this morning. A girl I work with, who I have NOT told about my diet, commented that it looked like I lost weight I'm not seeing it but I guess it's noticeable! Amazing what dropping 15 lbs has accomplished so far.

Now that my roommate has moved out and I have ample of kitchen space, I spent some time yesterday evening organizing an Ideal Protein cupboard! The bottom shelf is dedicated to drinks/puddings, the middle shelf is soups/entrees, and the top is snacks (the little box beside it is filled with bars). I'm short, so if I want a snack/restricted packet - I gotta grab a stool in order to get one... more effort so I better want it I just need to make some pretty labels for the baskets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (29.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #15  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
WOW!!! 16 weeks and 53.2lbs that is so amazing. That is where I would love to be in 16 weeks. Vegas in Dec would be nice 50lbs lighter!!!!
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!
I'm so glad I could inspire you! Now, I must find a cape.....
Closed Thread