South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Marvelous Monday Beach Chat 9/9

It certainly is, school starts today!!!! My DS is actually excited going back, first time in years!!! I took loss time and came home early last night. Splurged on pizza (2 slices) and ice cream (LF). Did not feel guilty as I wanted his last night of summer break to be special. The scale was kind today.

Off to a chilly start on the train. Oh how I wish the heat was on!!! Nothing new or exciting here. How are things in your neck of the woods? My cup is empty, anyone care for a refill???
Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Joining Jekel in a cup of coffee. I'm not on the train but it sure is cold in here. There was a frost north of Ottawa but we are still OK. It's actually going back up to 80 this week - good thing I didn't stash away all the summer clothes!

'Twill be a very coffee morning as I am off to join Barb at 7 at the experimental Monday coffee do. We'll see who shows up. I doubt that the "lads" will venture into the United Church hall even for coffee but who knows. I won't stay for the whole three hours as the Finance Guys will be here at 10. With luck, they'll be outta here by noon with some problems either resolved or off my shoulders and the afternoon will be mine!

What are your plans for this Marvy Monday? Anything fun or special just for you? I am planning a soak in the tub with a book followed by a good slather of moisturizer. I already seem to have winter skin.

Let's get on with it.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  

Had coffee here. Now to get ready for work.

It is going to be a sticky day here weather wise, 90"s. I don't care for more of the heat, but I don't want to think of winter yet.

Hope everyone has a good first day of the week.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have my coffee in hand, mind if I pull up a chair?

Jennifer, I hope it's a great school year for your DS. Is this his last year of HS?

Ruth, it will be interesting to see how many people show up for coffee this morning, but I hope it takes off!

The only excitement I foresee today is wading through a weekend's worth of laundry at the farm. The girls have a tendency to wear something once, then toss it in the hamper. I've been trying to get them out of that habit, but apparently it's easier to toss it in the hamper than to hang it up. Anyhoo, it's looking like a gorgeous day outside!

ETA-

Good morning, Chickadeee, you snuck in while I was posting! My granddaughter lives in Madison, and was telling us how sticky the weather out there has been. I hope it cools down for you all soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-09-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Everyone sure is chatty for a Monday morning, maybe I will be after my coffee hits my veins .

We had a lovely 4 mile hike yesterday, I really enjoyed it since my DD chattered away (although she reallllly had to potty, and that was a funny adventure in itself that I won't get in depth here...).

Today I crammed something else into my work schedule, so it might be a long one. Tonight, I'll probably start dehydrating some fruit, since DD really enjoys them.

And we're off!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-09-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've got just enough time to say hello and enjoy one more cup of coffee. Nothing exciting here....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from coffee. There were five "helpers", me and the U.C. minister. Sure hope it does catch on. I think part of the problem will be that it's in the U.C. Hall, sometimes not a friendly place. Somehow I can't see the farm lads in there.

Now to scurry around and get ready for the finance lads. More coffee! That'll be four cups by 10:15!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday!

DH and I finished the first week of our phase 1 yesterday - and although I love him, he dropped 11 lbs. Yes - 11. AH well. Maybe it will help him stay on it this week! He is not an adventurous eater (understatement) so cooking for him is a challenge. This week looks to be chicken cacciatore, steaks on the grill, taco bake, and maybe some form of meatloaf. He started a new job today, and I know he is nervous about lunch!

I am on an educational sabbatical this semester, so hoping to get back into exercising after finally being cleared for physical activity. Hard to believe that two years ago I was running half marathons . . .

Be well!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Late check in for me so just wanted to say to everyone.

Ruth that is a lot of cups of coffee lol.

Alright back to to work I go
Old 09-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

It's quiet here. Our last guests left today; DH is driving them back to MN so I'll have the house to myself until he returns in a few days. The bad news is I've lost my hiking partner. The worse news is that I ate so much crap while we had guests that I feel like crap and my clothes are tight. Sigh. So... I must give up my beloved fruit for a while, and ignore the bread in my freezer, and spend some time revisiting PH1. Not sure how long yet but certainly until I see the scale go back to where it was before this food-fest started.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Run-by-fruiting for me today!

We had MOPS at the church this morning and then little decided not to nap this afternoon. I am one tired, cranky Mama. At least dinner is already made and OP. Early bedtime for everyone tonight!!

Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies. Just passing through on my way to the kitchen but wanted to stop and say hi. The scale was fairly kind this morning, I think it is the result of and entire week without a restaurant meal! Those last 2 weeks of August were a little nuts.

Getting into the swing of things at work again. I am glad it hasn't been too hot here. Seems we often get a streak of HOT shortly after school starts.

Jennifer, hope DS has a good year!

to everyone!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #13  
Mous

Feeling a tad better hope to start chatting in the morning!

Closed Thread