Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Angry "you're pregnant, congratulations!".....wait what? I am?

I've been absent from this site for about 8 months but it's finally time to get back on here for support. I have gained about 30-40 lbs since. I KNOW I've gained and why it happened and am completely accountable for it -____-

I've been wanting to lose weight for a while but haven't gotten the kick in the butt till now. Apperantely for the past few weeks it has been going around my work that I'm pregnant, which is CRAZY! It was brought up to me a few times, at first I laughed it off and thought it was completely silly. But as I hear it from more and more people it's just making me mad > to the point that the last time someone told me about it I snapped and yelled "OK IM NOT PREGNANT JUST FAT!"

Even my own mom asked me if I was. So now instead of letting this dumb rumor get to me I'm going to take it as motivation and prove everyone wrong and get healthy. So I'm back for the amazing motivation I get from you all and reading your stories as well. I'm going to do it and thanks for listening to this absurd venting I had to do. (need to update my weight tracker oops)
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #2  

I don't understand how people can just assume you're pregnant- it's so rude!!
snowpatrolchlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #3  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Misa66 I feel you. I got down to 201 and was getting compliments at work. Me and a friend at work have a running joke between eachother about us both being pregnant with twins. Well about a week or two ago she goes"Hey, Jess how many more weeks till the twins are due?" and this guy at work that over heard yells, "I knew it!" He was dead serious!

Me and my friend both just kind of looked at him in schock. I was like uh do I look pregnant? when he didnt know what to say. I was like wow!

I have been back on plan for about a 2 and a half weeks. I guess it was a push I needed. So here we both are. Now im almost 10lbs down again.

Wanted to share because your not the only one. Many of us have this type of thing happen. Take it as a positive nudge.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Oh wow, goodness! Glad you have such a determined attitude about it. Good for you and good luck!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-28-2013 at 09:33 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #5  

At jessica2231-oh wow that is incredibly rude of that guy! But thanks for sharing your expirience, definately sucks when a fat full of belly gets assumed to be a baby. Like come on....it jiggles like crazy LOL congratulations on the 10lbs loss!

Beloved spirit-thank you so much! I am determined and your words just encourage me that much more

Snowpatrolcho-it was so rude It takes a lot to offend me and this rumor completely did so. I'm one of the few single childless ladies at my work so when anyone else gets pregnant is no big deal but I guess it is when they heard that. Just ridiculous
Old 08-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Oh man, so sorry you had to deal with that!! That's so rude...never assume someone is pregnant unless they come out and say it >_<. I'm happy that instead of sinking into a pit of self pity you're doing something about it! You can do it! Come join my Halloween challenge!! Lots of awesome people there staying accountable and supporting each other =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa66 View Post
I've been absent from this site for about 8 months but it's finally time to get back on here for support. I have gained about 30-40 lbs since. I KNOW I've gained and why it happened and am completely accountable for it -____-

I've been wanting to lose weight for a while but haven't gotten the kick in the butt till now. Apperantely for the past few weeks it has been going around my work that I'm pregnant, which is CRAZY! It was brought up to me a few times, at first I laughed it off and thought it was completely silly. But as I hear it from more and more people it's just making me mad > to the point that the last time someone told me about it I snapped and yelled "OK IM NOT PREGNANT JUST FAT!"

Even my own mom asked me if I was. So now instead of letting this dumb rumor get to me I'm going to take it as motivation and prove everyone wrong and get healthy. So I'm back for the amazing motivation I get from you all and reading your stories as well. I'm going to do it and thanks for listening to this absurd venting I had to do. (need to update my weight tracker oops)
im so sorry, hopefully they didnt mean to be rude.

welcome back!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #8  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Misa66- honestly im taking it as motivation. Im a strong beleiver everything is how i take it. I choose to take it as motivation.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I'm so sorry! I hate when that happens! Literally that's the same type of thing that has gotten me back on here to focus on my weight loss again!
I had a little boy in my Sunday school class I teach ask me if I was going to have a little baby.
I took it a little better because it was a 6 years old, but I still took it HARD!
Welcome back! We are all in this together!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #10  

mhill0823: Yes we are! No more food babies in my future! (or real ones!)

Riestrella: yes I saw that challenge going on, I'll be joining that right away thank you
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #11  

That happened to my mom before. She went into the post office and the woman at the counter said "Congratulations! When are you due?". Mom just stared at her and said "Um, I'm NOT pregnant".

I went to an ice skating club event last night and was watching the small exhibition they had and one of the dads asked me which one of the kids was mine.... I'm 25. I look like I'm closer to 20. I was KIND of insulted haha.

But I don't understand why people just ASSUME you are pregnant.
Shaunalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #12  
under construction

Height: 5'6

aww that hurts , im so sorry that happened to you !

FYI some people say it and do not mean offence by it they et excited and it slips out before good reason catches up to them

its happened to me Im preggers myself and i saw another woman at the club ( i got the OK from my doctor to go dancing ! )
and I asked her when she was due she was very thin save for a big belly which in all fairness she should not be wearing a white fitted tube dress if thats her real belly and not a baby bump , she coldly informed me she wsnt prengnant

i felt like SUCH a jerk !
lol
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #13  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

Rumours like that can be quite hurtful, I wish some people would be more sensitive to others feelings. Sorry you had to go through that but best of luck with your journey
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote