Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie!

Hi everyone!

I'm 25 years old and have been extremely unhappy with my body the past couple of years. I've always been a chubby kid growing up, but really started to pack on pounds in high school. By graduation, I topped the scale at 210 pounds. From that point I began to lose a little weight merely from working and not sitting in the house all day (favorite activites once included writing and reading Harry Potter fanfics all day everyday-- )

In college I started a food service job at a hospital that required 6-8 hours of walking. Needless to say, the weight began coming off quite quickly. I was about 138 before I began to transition to an office job at work. Gym workouts began to slow as well, and my diet never really did change from when I was heavier. The weight began to creep but I didn't see it as a huge issue. Cut to today and I'm sitting at 165.

I don't feel very confident because I feel uncomfortable in my skin. I'm also fearful of my weight creeping up more, remembering how I hated going swimming or to social events in high school because I was so overweight.

I hope to learn new information and to become more empowered via awesome, supportive people who are in the same boat on 3FC. I have good feelings about this site.
alannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #2  

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #3  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. I hope you find the support that you need here.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi alannabee! Congrats on the big weight loss! And although it's been creeping back up on you, you have still maintained a much lower weight than you started with, so great job! And now you've come to the right place to keep it from creeping up any further. There are lots of supportive people here and so much motivational information! Browse around and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the warm welcome and good lucks! I'm excited to utilize the gold mine of information and stories in these forums to push myself. I love seeing the success people are having--helps with that occasional hopeless feeling. Here's to a successful new start.
alannabee is offline   Reply With Quote