South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat - September 6

Good morning. For a short week, this has been a long one with way too much "stuff" happening. I did get in some garden time yesterday though before I took a friend out for a birthday dinner.

Today is going to be tricky as I am double booked - not my fault! My yard guy was to come on Monday to till and seed the part of my veggie garden hat is being closed but has to come this morning instead - family funeral Monday is a good excuse, right? I have my Quilting Group meeting at 9, the first since June and also the annual election. I'll be there late.

This afternoon I have a meeting with our Town Hall contractor to finally pay his last invoice. (That's last for Life since he was not stellar. The Hall was to have been finished for Christmas last year and he still has some stuff left to do!) Our meeting won't be pleasant but I hope to keep it civil.

Tomorrow is a "me" day with a play to see with a friend in the afternoon. We are going to "The (post)Mistress" which is supposed to be really good. I got the tickets at the Delta Film festival Silent Auction. Really looking forward to that and the weekend even if it's supposed to rain.

My scale is dead - battery is dead. I may just let her RIP for a while since she is not being at all cooperative.

Sorry for whining. Now I'll just get on with it.

TGIF!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I don't have as busy a schedule today as you, Ruth. Jake and I are going to start off our day with breakfast at the diner before getting groceries, then home to do housework and laundry. I'm toying with the thought of hosting a dinner party for all Jake's siblings on Sunday, but that would involve at least 25 guests, so I'll have to give it more thought.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, what a shame about your scale, Ruth! I wish mine would join you, freakin' thing. You contractor definately sounds like a dud, he can go away with your scale! Your me day tomorrow sounds excellent, how far did you say the drive up there is?

Today is my late start day, which I love. I get to piddle and/or do fun things until work starts at 2. I need to clean up my garden, but I'd also like to go on a walk (it has been such awesome weather!!). I also just found out my neighbor down the way lost 30 lbs (!!!) because of ulcerative colitis last week...she looks like a ghost...so I'd like to make a meal or treats for her.

But until then, it's me and paul! Have a great Friday everyone!

Good morning, Cottage! Wow, I love to put on a dinner for a group, but a 2 day notice would give me the jitters....

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-06-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #4  
Mous

Good morning

I want to thank you for your concerns and I pray that all of your aches and pains are better. Mine will be in time.

Just made Lou and I our breakfast. Since I cannot have meat I make 2 different meals all the time.

We are doing well and hope that today will be an OP day for us all.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is wfh and already has been productive but I have running around to do as well, dropping off DH car after my 8 a.m. call and then have to take DD2 for her retainer this afternoon and need to run by the bank to pay first installment of property taxes. This weekend is Trenton Fest so we have a parade and DS is in Firefighter competition and DD2 has soccer game so we will keep busy.

Ruth enjoy your me day today, I wish my scale would die as well lol

Cottage you have more courage than me if you take on a dinner with 25 guests

Twynn enjoy your morning before going to work

Windsong hope you and DH have an OP day.

Okay time to start the call, have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sadly, it is travel day again....work tomorrow at 530am. I'm tired this morning...we took our neighbor kiddos to the pool last night and didnt' get home until past my bedtime. I have an ongoing project in my bathroom and need to get to Lowesthis morning before we head to the pool. I need another roll of linoleum and don't want to risk not having a match up when we return.

It sounds like everyone is busy, as usual.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Phew I am tired just reading everyone's posts. Maybe I'll go back to bed.

Linda if I don't think I could fit 25 people in my house let alone feed them! You are very brave!!

Ruth your "me" day sounds lovely. Cannot wait to hear about it.

Tammy that is very kind if you. Sounds like you are blessed with good neighbors too.

Debbie good luck with your travels and Lowe's too!

Pearlrose the FF competition sounds like it will be fun!

Windsong enjoy your day.

As for me I am keeping Kleenex in business. This cold is kicking my butt! I struggled but rode 22 miles at Harriman State Park. Today I want to wash my car, we need to get the tonneau cover on the truck, maybe power wash the house (providing it starts) and get another ride in at some point today.

Wish me luck started P1 today. I'm getting a little to lax for my liking. My goal is 1 week. My scale is broken too Ruth lol.

Enjoy this gorgeous day!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

Having a bit of a rough morning as I woke up to find out that my little sister's best friend lost her little girl at 23 weeks pregnant yesterday. My heart hurts for them and I snuggled DD extra tight this morning.

I'll be playing catch-up with the laundry today, which I hate doing on Fridays. Other than that, I'll just be doing my best to keep DD out of the home office as DH is wfh until some repairs are done on his office.

I hope everyone has a great day! Would post personals, but I smell something stinky coming from DD.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #9  

Glad today is over, what seems like an easy day always has it turns and becomes hectic. But it is the weekend.

I think I did pretty good for week 1 P1, will try to plan more meals this weekend and veggies.

We have a sewing machine to finish up for a customer this weekend and another to start, keeps us hopping. Hope to enjoy the outdoors this weekend it is suppose to be nice.

Other than that, hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday everyone.

Made it through the 1st week of school and I'm tired. Also pretty much stayed on P1 (except for a handful of blueberries in my yogurt) and the water weight is coming off. Now for the real stuff.

We had a light frost last night but it seems the garden survived. Wasn't worried about the broccoli or brussel sprouts but I'm hoping for a few more fresh cukes and I might actually get them.

Not much on the weekend agenda except the normal chores: laundry, menu planning/groceries, cleaning, lesson plans...should keep me out of trouble.

Ruth, hope your weekend is enjoyable. (and I loved the rotating closet idea from yesterday's thread!)
Linda, 25 guests!?! Not for me.

Jennifer, hope you feel better soon.
Hope everyone else has a good evening!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies! Big news...I got a job in Massachusetts!!! I put in my two weeks notice at my current job today and will be starting my new job at Porsche on the 23rd. I am SUPER excited!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

CONGRATULATIONS Natasha!!! SO happy for you!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow, Natasha! That is great! I'm sure you are beyond excited.
Closed Thread