View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #15
lakelog

Boy I have been a member of this site for a good while now and never knew there was a thread devoted to walking. That's awesome. I have seen a few of you on the buddy up forum a time or 2. I was wanting some opinions. I'm 30 years old and had lost nearly 50 pound when I first started posting on here. I have started walking again. This is week 4. It's taken me 3 weeks to build up to 1 1/2 miles a day. It just really wears my legs out to go at a pace any fast than that 1 1/2 miles in 33 minutes. The first 2 weeks I lost about 1 1/2 pounds each week but on week 3 I gained 4 pounds and this past week I gained 2 more. I know I have to work more on my eating as well but my question is did any of you have a period of gaining before you actually started to lose something? All of my friends do WW as their primary weight loss and that's not an option for me at this point. I prefer to do what I can do for free and on my own time. So it was really awesome to see so many people who walk several miles a day.

Faye I don't know you although I have read some of your posts before and I think months back you may have even posted in my journal but I wanted you to know that i am praying for your husbands complete recovery. I know what death scares can do for you. I have 3 kids and all are miracles. My twins who are 8 1/2 came into this world 15 weeks too early and my oldest who is nearly 11 almost lost his life back in june when he went into a diabetic coma. That was his first diagnosis of diabetes and although he's insulin dependent and had nothing to do with his weight, I have really been self conscious about health now. I do sympathize with you and want you to know that your DH is so blessed to have such a wonderful wife.

At any rate, I hope to read and post in here as I can. I am devoted to 2 other threads for the last 2 1/2 years so it's hard to do it all but I am curious of all of you walkers. Keep it up!