Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 9/2/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #2  

Happy Labor Day everyone!

jmanovich
I saw your frustration in yesterday's threads.
Did your coach tell you a small stall or gain is expected weeks 4 or 5? Totally normal.
You may be causing yourself extra stress with the daily weighing (honestly, what is the rational purpose?). Stress increases the hormone cortisol which is known to block weight loss.
I'd put the scale away, stick to protocol 100% (no cheats), and monitor on weigh-in day.
Fill the rest of the time with a project or hobby . We have to get our minds off the scale.
You're doing great. This program works. Trust it!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-02-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Lisa, I made your cauliflower hummus last night, sorry not a fan, too cauliflower tasting, I tried adding roasted red pepper, (which is my fave hummus) more garlic, cumin, lemon.......just ate it with the foccacia bread crisps. I liked the foccacia bread I'll have to find something else to drip the bread and crackers in. I need to get some asparagus and try the mockamole.

Its raining here for the 3rd day... no yard work again. grrrrr I guess I'll have to hang out, chill and read. I cleaned out the closet and drawers yesterday of the clothes I've shrunk out of....what a good feeling that was. I made a Goodwill bag and others I put in rubbermaid totes just in case. I am planning on never wearing them again, but I saved the ones I grew out of and I am back in them. I had them stored for 10 yrs and whooo hooo I can wear them, some dress pants, jeans, casual pants. Good thing classic styles are always in style.

Enjoy the holiday.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I just wanted to say "hi".

The other day I tried making the Rudabega fries but I couldn't cut the rudabega. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  

Sonolady: I put tons of garlic & cumin in mine. Very different than deb's recipe. It works as a nice "dip" for me. Certainly not an exact copy.
The mockamole isn't exactly as if made from avocado, either, but it's really good on taco salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
The other day I tried making the Rudabega fries but I couldn't cut the rudabega. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hatchet?
I've learned to choose the smallest rutabaga I can find. I have some petty large, sharp knives with serrated edges that seem to do the trick.
My first one I ended up roasting and mashing b/c I couldn't cut it.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

I have a question about exercise and ketosis. We are not supposed to exercise because there is no glycogen for our muscles to burn on phase 1. If I have a small sugar cheat (yesterday I took two bites of the homemade ice cream), will exercising help me burn off that sugar and get back into ketosis faster? I assume the ice would have knocked me out of ketosis briefly.

I had a lot of temptation at the family barbecue yesterday and will have even more on the other side of the family today. I'm sure the two tastes of ice cream won't kill me, but I sure hate to lose momentum over it!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

2much2do - I would recommend DO NOT DO IT - let the temptations pass!

The way I feel about temptation is that for something like ice cream, my weakness (or any food) I have eaten many, many tastes/spoonfuls/bowlfuls/pints of ice cream or whatever so there cannot be ANY ice cream taste I have not experienced, so I would not be missing out on anything!

Hang in there, remember all the happy victorious moments you have felt so far on the program and relive those as you feel strong and determined from not falling into further temptations - you can do it.

Last edited by schenectady; 09-02-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Labor Day everyone!

jmanovich
I saw your frustration in yesterday's threads.
Did your coach tell you a small stall or gain is expected weeks 4 or 5? Totally normal.
You may be causing yourself extra stress with the daily weighing (honestly, what is the rational purpose?). Stress increases the hormone cortisol which is known to block weight loss.
I'd put the scale away, stick to protocol 100% (no cheats), and monitor on weigh-in day.
Fill the rest of the time with a project or hobby . We have to get our minds off the scale.
You're doing great. This program works. Trust it!
Hi Lisa,
I was wondering - do you know what the reason for the stall is? I am in the middle of week 3, just curious of what to expect in the next couple of weeks!
thx
Old 09-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I have recently hit goal and phased off.. but need to get back on track. I just lost all perspective of following protocol and diverted off.. to carb world. So today I am starting with Phase 1 again.. for a few days in hopes to lose the 5 lbs I gained from going carb crazy!!
I learned that I cannot just have a taste of "junk food", I dont have the self control. I wish I could find a balance, but I think I have the all or nothing mentality. Help!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #10  

I was doing great loosing consistently and loving Ideal Protien. The last three weeks I have lost a pound. What I do not understand is the calorie count. I use my fitness pal and have never eaten more than 900 calories, most if the time 600 to 700. My carb count is usually around 30 net, or less. I follow protocol but even with that my calories are so low shouldn't I be loosing.

I am so annoid with the last few weeks I haven't even updated my ticker!! Ugh!!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I was doing great loosing consistently and loving Ideal Protien. The last three weeks I have lost a pound. What I do not understand is the calorie count. I use my fitness pal and have never eaten more than 900 calories, most if the time 600 to 700. My carb count is usually around 30 net, or less. I follow protocol but even with that my calories are so low shouldn't I be loosing.

Trish: get your thyroid levels checked
Old 09-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post

Trish,
Having done this program before (2011), I was a slow loser & stahler, I never cheated once for 5 full months and my average weight loss per week ended up being 1.75 lbs per week. I am waiting for the Medical world to figure out that it is genetics. lol. I am post-meno and hypothyroid (treated with Synthroid), I am sure these contribute. Just hang in there, the problem when I was loosing so slow was the cost of the products. I am doing alternatives now.

I lost 2.2 lbs this week after a +0.2 last week, Just looking at the overall trend downward helps
I have to have hubby cut the rutabega's, I have bad shoulders and those things are tough! love them though

Last edited by Bellamack; 09-02-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #13  

Morning all! Last day of holidays before back to work tomorrow, ugh. Oh well, at least the weather is gorgeous!

For those who stall for a bit, I found I did that too - I'm on week 12 now - and there was a couple of weeks around week 4 and 5 where despite staying 100% OP, I lost .8lbs compared to the average 3. I don't know if it's been studied and there's a scientific reason for it but I just think it's your body adjusting to the program after a few weeks. Shortly after the "stall", I was back to losing the 3lbs/week average.

Just keep OP, try not to get discouraged - I know that's easy to do - and remind yourself that any loss is a loss. Maybe try a few new recipes, mix it up a bit, keep yourself interested.

Jo
Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #14  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Nothing specific to write about but am checking in. Trying to figure out what yummy IP recipe to make for my boyfriend and I for dinner this evening. Any thoughts?
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #15  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Nothing specific to write about but am checking in. Trying to figure out what yummy IP recipe to make for my boyfriend and I for dinner this evening. Any thoughts?

The other day I made turkey meatballs, sauce with tomato paste, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and onions with rotini. By husband LOVED it! I chopped some spinach and added to the meatballs with egg white, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Very tasty!
Closed Thread