Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Saturday 8/31 - Sunday 9/1

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #2  

Welcome to the weekend!
We have a 3-day end-of-summer holiday blow-out weekend in the States
Enjoy!
I had an event last nite. Football.
Ate before I went.
Weirdly, at this point in my journey, I didn't get hungry/want more food
I found myself socializing more than ever before.
Gatherings REALLY ARE about the people and not the food.
Make them count!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello there!
I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend. Hubby and 2 of the kids are working their respective jobs, so I'm going to spend my weekend cooking! LOL! I have decided to try "freezer cooking" now that school has started and weekdays are crazy. I haven't planned what exactly I will be cooking, but a few things that come to mind are two roasts (two crockpots already out on the counter), a big pot of chili with enough for at least 3 to 4 family size meals, and another big pot of spaghetti (for the family, not for me).
I also plan on doing the same with veggies (cabbage, squash).
Has anyone ever done this (IP or not)? Any suggestions?

This will be a lot of work, but I am looking forward to it. The highlight of my weekend will be finally trying the Orange Wafer that I picked up this week.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All, Happy long weekend! Lisa, I am just starting where you are, I have my first social outing tonight with friends.. first time, no drinks or treats, but I am feeling good about it.. because being in control of my weight and finally doing something feels much better.. I am looking forward to visiting with everyone

As far as the bulk cooking, that is a great idea and I need to start doing that.. my kids are out of the house but I need to do that as far as prep with IP foods / veggies for the week, get everything cut up etc..

I am going to try a yoga class at my gym this morning - I am interested in yoga but know I won't be able to do all the moves, but hopefully in time I will just go to the back of the class.. at least I hope the class is on being a long weekend..

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

After seeing my success so far on IP, my SIL decided to start. She is doing alternative products as well. She lost approximately 9.5 lbs in the first 2 weeks and has gained 1 lb each week for the last 2 weeks. Several years ago she had her thyroid removed and is on meds for that. She is 100% OP and takes the supplements, salt and oil, as is posted in the protocol. She usually has a protein drink in the morning, soup with some veggies for lunch, and her own protein and veggies for dinner. Her snack is a bar in the mid afternoon.

She does take some other supplements, but I don't know what those are. She originally started the Wheat Belly Diet in May and lost 13 lbs on that, prior to starting IP 4 weeks ago. I told her that water retention and the big C could explain the weight gain and not to worry and keep following the plan. She said she doesn't have a problem sigh the big C though. She is planning to check with her endocrinologist but I was wondering if anyone else on thyroid meds, who have had their thyroid removed, might have some insight to her weight gain.

Oh, her IP starting stats re almost identically to mine.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #6  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great loss! WTG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
And I lost 8 pounds!! this is my second time around though. 2 years ago I got 12 pounds from goal, then went on vacation to the UK to visit family. Did not phase off and went straight to vacation eating and drinking. Lesson learned

I'm using alternatives now, and replacing my breakfast packet with whole eggs. Eggs in the morning are new for me, but I am finding I get nice and full on them and I am not hungry at all for anything else until lunch time.

No Big C yet, but spinich and broccoli are my standard veggies so I think thats helping.

Hope everyone has a great three day weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #7  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Talking First week down!

And I lost 8 pounds!! this is my second time around though. 2 years ago I got 12 pounds from goal, then went on vacation to the UK to visit family. Did not phase off and went straight to vacation eating and drinking. Lesson learned

I'm using alternatives now, and replacing my breakfast packet with whole eggs. Eggs in the morning are new for me, but I am finding I get nice and full on them and I am not hungry at all for anything else until lunch time.

No Big C yet, but spinich and broccoli are my standard veggies so I think thats helping.

Hope everyone has a great three day weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #8  

Summertime is a hard time to get through, I'm happy the fall is on the horizon. To me the fall means routine, schedule & less socializing.

I have a corn festival, night out with the girls, birthday party and BBQ to get through this weekend!! I enjoy long weekends but it's a lot of temptation in a few short days!

For any newbies, here are some tips to handle long weekends (or any temptations)

prepare prepare prepare:

-chop up your veggies, make your salads, boil some eggs, pre-grill some chicken and pack your food up in a small cooler so you have it at your fingertips and have NO excuses about why you needed to make a bad choice
- look at menus ahead of time online and determine what you are going to eat before you get in to the restaurant. I even like to tell my husband or bestie what I plan to order so they can hold me accountable.
- offer to bring a dish to a bbq, make something you know is IP friendly so you know there will be something there you can eat.
- remember if temptation does strike extra veggies/protein or even an IP packet will always be a better choice.

Good luck this long weekend everyone, stay strong and you'll be so proud of your accomplishments!

Last edited by jordanna; 08-31-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

WI today got me TO MY GOAL!!!
(40 lbs on IP and overall 80 lbs from my highest three years ago!)

In light of my upcoming vacation starting Sept. 17 I have done P2 and am a few days into P3 (a little scary to be sure, but LOVING using my worksheet to plan some BREAKFASTS!!) Hoping to maybe even drop another lb or two through the end of P3.

Even though I will be in maintenance on vacation, I am NOT going in without a PLAN ! I will take some shake/drink packets and bars to use on some days, stick with a P3 sensible breakfast and an IP style lunch or dinner (protein, veggie), then I will be able to enjoy some extras without gorging.

No more "it's vacation so eat whatever you want!" I will focus on spending time with family and touring Washington DC to enjoy the sights without focusing on food options. I really know that I can be sensible AND enjoy myself.

I plan to return to P1 maybe early Nov. and phase through again to lose 5-10 more pounds, but it was time for me to move on, at least for now. (I really never thought this weight was possible for me since I haven't been here since... maybe High School!)
Old 08-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

JLUS: Congratulations!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Jlus Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #12  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
(40 lbs on IP and overall 80 lbs from my highest three years ago!
I am so happy for you, way to go!!!!'
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
(40 lbs on IP and overall 80 lbs from my highest three years ago!)
Awesome and congrats!!!!

Happy long weekend everyone! Just hanging out today, waiting for furniture and appliances to be delivered - yay! Can't believe it's the last day of August today - the summer has just flown by.

Keeping my eye on the veggie post - love how creative everyone is! I bought a jicama the other day, haven't been brave enough to try it yet though.

Last night I tried on the clothes I got from the thrift store last week and the pants I thought were a little tight fit really well now so I'm good to go back to work Will need to head back to the thrift store soon though. I'm hoping to hear some good comments when I head back to work - I'm down at least another 10lbs since I've been on holidays.

Have a great Saturday all!

Jo
Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Summertime is a hard time to get through, I'm happy the fall is on the horizon. To me the fall means routine, schedule & less socializing.

I have a corn festival, night out with the girls, birthday party and BBQ to get through this weekend!! I enjoy long weekends but it's a lot of temptation in a few short days!

For any newbies, here are some tips to handle long weekends (or any temptations)

prepare prepare prepare:

-chop up your veggies, make your salads, boil some eggs, pre-grill some chicken and pack your food up in a small cooler so you have it at your fingertips and have NO excuses about why you needed to make a bad choice
- look at menus ahead of time online and determine what you are going to eat before you get in to the restaurant. I even like to tell my husband or bestie what I plan to order so they can hold me accountable.
- offer to bring a dish to a bbq, make something you know is IP friendly so you know there will be something there you can eat.
- remember if temptation does strike extra veggies/protein or even an IP packet will always be a better choice.

Good luck this long weekend everyone, stay strong and you'll be so proud of your accomplishments!
Hello Jordanna! Long time no see I hope the family is well!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello Jordanna! Long time no see I hope the family is well!
Hi Bellamack - long time no see! Hope you're well
Closed Thread