Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #31  

? for all of you op for a while..anyone battle depression while on this plan...i've never been a sad or depressed person but in the last week...well its not been good here to say the least.....any insight from my IP elders would be greatly appreciated. I know my hromones can be outta control while on this plan...but this is getting crazy. The only good is i have zero appetite, having a hard time just even eating the packets never mind the daily meal.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #32  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
I am having a similar week. I have been 100% OP since the beginning (with the exception of my phase off for vacation) and I have suddenly come to a screeching halt in my weight loss. I had previously been losing 2-3 lbs./week consistently, and this week... NADA. I am even up a little.

How do you stay motivated through the plateaus?? I have not cheated, I am sticking with it, but it's hard when you're not seeing the results the way you were!
I hear y'all! I had WI#4 today and came in as the exact same weight as last week. Such a bummer- but it really shouldn't be a surprise- I had a few minor plan deviations. I hate the word "cheats"! Lol. However, I am measured every 2 weeks and I lost another 5 inches for a total of 20 in and 15 lbs in 4 weeks. I must try not to be sad and be happy with that amazing accomplishment!!!

I know I shouldn't weigh myself at home- but on Tues or Wed I was down to 212 which would have been another 3lb loss...didn't show up on the clinic's scale! Booo! Im wondering if maybe I just have some fluid retention or something! Anyway- Happy Long Weekend everyone! I work and will be doing my best to stay 100%
Old 08-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #33  
sugar is the devil

Going to head out camping for a few nights pretty soon!

I made the slow cooker chicken lemon pepper, lemon and garlic, little bit of olive oil, and spices! Cooked for 7hrs. MMM! I was able to get 1lb of white breast meat (so 2 servings for me) - and my boyfriend gets the thighs, and wings (and a little bit of left over white meat). He likes the skin and he plans to fry it up over the fire. He's gonna have to tell me how all my spices taste on it. I took a wee taste of the meat earlier and I can taste some of the lemon infused into it at least. There was also 2 cups of broth left over so I took that and stuffed it in the freezer to use in a future recipe We will have fajitas one night (OP ones for me - just meat and veg mix).

I also am bringing all my packets. I made the zucchini chocolate cookies to bring and then just have a few instant drinks, pudding, a bar, ridges, and potato puree to eats. We plan to buy veggies once we get down there.

Excited and actually looking forward to being OP camping! Totally doable.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 08-30-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #34  

Default 1 week down

i everyone. just finished 1 week and today was tough. alot of cravings but did not cheat. i could use some help with making food more appatizing. tomorrow is a new day.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #35  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I successfully made two desserts for a potluck this weekend without tasting anything! Wasn't sure I would be able to do it, but I did. Rather than wish I could have some, I looked at it as what has made me overweight in the past, and that was reason enough to be turned off by it. Hope everyone makes it through this long weekend OP!! Heading to my parents trailer! Talk to you all on Monday!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #36  

Hello all - just popped in to look for new recipes and ideas and thought I'd say hello. I used to frequent the boards a lot but two young kids have left me with a lot less time!

On my 5th week of IP for the second time around

Good luck all!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi all and happy Friday. I am hungry as all get up today. Going to have lunch soon though so I am glad about that. Scuba diving tomorrow and going to have a ready-made pudding waiting for me when I get out as I suspect I will be hungry. Funny though. The last time I was diving I weighed probably about 200-210 pounds. The thing is that when you scuba dive, you have to wear weight (lead) to compensate for the neoprene and air tank. But I have no frame of reference for what I need to wear lead-wise tomorrow. So i am going going to wear the same amount of led as I wore last time when I was about 30-40 pounds heavier. lol. We shall see.

I am a diver too, would love to hear if your weight loss resulted in needing less lead! We are heading to Roatan in November and I hope to be down 35-40 pounds by then. Am down 15 as of today.

Keep up the good work, and have fun with the fins on!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #38  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
? for all of you op for a while..anyone battle depression while on this plan...i've never been a sad or depressed person but in the last week...well its not been good here to say the least.....any insight from my IP elders would be greatly appreciated. I know my hromones can be outta control while on this plan...but this is getting crazy. The only good is i have zero appetite, having a hard time just even eating the packets never mind the daily meal.
Hi! I am not an IP elder, I'm still an IP kid, but I wanted to let you know that I sympathize with you. I have battled/endured a mild depression off and on for a number of years. One thing that I have noticed since being on IP, though, is my symptoms have improved! I feel better on IP, and I don't know if it has something to do with ketosis or just the weight loss itself, but I find myself with more energy and the motivation to get out and do more stuff. So I had the opposite experience, and I don't know enough about IP to wonder if it has affected you in the opposite way.

I know what you are describing sounds/is painful, and a week can feel like a lifetime when you feel bad, but so far it sounds like it has "only" been a week, and that you haven't really felt this way before? You could do a couple of things, you could try and ride it out awhile longer and see if it abates on it's own (this is my favorite approach but it can take an unknown amount of time) or if you are really bothered you could see a professional.
Whatever you do, keep moving your body and get outside for some sunshine. There's nothing worse when you feel down than to sit around thinking about how bad you feel!

I wish you the best and hope you feel better very soon.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #39  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
I am a diver too, would love to hear if your weight loss resulted in needing less lead! We are heading to Roatan in November and I hope to be down 35-40 pounds by then. Am down 15 as of today.

Keep up the good work, and have fun with the fins on!

Will let you know. Watch for my post tomorrow.
Night night all!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #40  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I am much like Brelo in that I have suffered with depression in the past myself and while being on IP I have felt the best I pretty much ever have. I hope what ever your experiencing is just temporary and passes quickly for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Will let you know. Watch for my post tomorrow.
Night night all!
Have fun tomorrow
Closed Thread