Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Default First weigh in!!

Hi all!
Day 7 on the IP program and today was my first weigh in. I have lost 6 pounds and it's my TOM! I have to think that scale will be my friend even more next week! I'm feeling good. Hunger pains are gone. Headache still pops in to say hi at least once a day but not too bad. No bad breath! My energy is way up and I didn't really PMS! The hardest part for me is the 4 cups of veggies per day. There are not a lot of veggies I like and I am starting to get bored! Any veggie suggestions would be helpful! I like tomatoes and beans which are restricted, brocolli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, cucumbers and spinach. You guys were more help to me this past week than you know!!! Love to you!!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #2  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi all!
Day 7 on the IP program and today was my first weigh in. I have lost 6 pounds and it's my TOM! I have to think that scale will be my friend even more next week! I'm feeling good. Hunger pains are gone. Headache still pops in to say hi at least once a day but not too bad. No bad breath! My energy is way up and I didn't really PMS! The hardest part for me is the 4 cups of veggies per day. There are not a lot of veggies I like and I am starting to get bored! Any veggie suggestions would be helpful! I like tomatoes and beans which are restricted, brocolli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, cucumbers and spinach. You guys were more help to me this past week than you know!!! Love to you!!
Congratulations on your loss - it is such a great feeling to see the number go down on the scale wether it is 1 ib or 10 ibs ! For the veggies, have you also tried zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, swiss chard, asparagus... ?? I have developped a taste for veggies since I have been on the IP - never had swiss chard before but love them sauteed with vinegar.. Just experience with seasoning and spices...
Good luck to you !
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #3  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Congrats to you! I started a couple of days after you.. I get headaches too and seem to .. for veggies I am finding that I like them in a stir fry with cut up chicken and soya sauce.. grilled and nice and hot, peppers, zucchini, celery.. whatever I have..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi all!
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #4  

Thanks guys! The stir fry is a good idea. I do not like zucchini or peppers or onions so it gets hard to be creative! I got some turnip (never had it) so I can try those turnip fries! Hopefully they taste like french fries!!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go!!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #6  

Awesome!

I agree with the others on the veggies - try small of amounts of different kinds in stir fries, you'll probably fine lots you like and you didn't even know!

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #7  

Wow way to go!!!!! How awesome for you and great first weigh in. I feel your pain as I find all the veggies a bit challenging but have searched out recipes on line and it does help. I love beef stir fried with soya and garlic and then add what veggies you want and then put it bit by bit in lettuce wraps. Good luck you can do it!
Kootenay Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, what an awesome feeling eh. There are a ton of posts about kale chips and they are awesome. I am literally fantasizing about the day when I can make a big batch and not have to measure out only 2 cups. So if you haven't tried them give it a go.

Last edited by Wesstrom; 08-26-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Wesstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #9  

Kale chips hmmmmm sounds like something I will have to try. I don't eat kale very often but will certainly try it out
Kootenay Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Great work!
JaneDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

kellimomo, that is so wonderful! 6 pounds is awesome. I know it felt so gratifying to see that scale go in the right direction!

I am in the same boat with veggies, so I completely understand. I took a leap of faith and tried the turnip "fries" the other day, and I am completely hooked. I never in a million years would have tried them before IP, but I have made them twice now. Just peeled a turnip, cut it into strips, tossed it with some olive oil and onion/garlic powder, baked for about 20 minutes (turning after 10) at 400, and they were delicious. I would imagine a lot of veggies would taste good that way too, so I am in the process of trying different things.
mom2sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #12  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Awesome job! Keep up the good work! I am in my 4th week and I couldn't be happier with the results and how I feel...starting IP and joining this forum are two of the best decisions I have made in a looooong time!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesstrom View Post
Congrats, what an awesome feeling eh. There are a ton of posts about kale chips and they are awesome. I am literally fantasizing about the day when I can make a big batch and not have to measure out only 2 cups. So if you haven't tried them give it a go.

I'm going to try this one! Thanks! I don't think I have ever had kale so maybe I will like it!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #14  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

I recently found rutabaga and made "fries" out of them, I like them better than turnip fries
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Try putting veggies you may not think you like on the bbq and grilling them

I never cared for peppers, asparagus or zucchinni before and now those are my go to ones - plus a good way to get your oil in (I use garlic olive oil for all my veggies to give them an extra kick)
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote