Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/28/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #2  
IP since 8-16-13

S/C/G: 240/225/175

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! A nice long holiday weekend coming up complete with friends, family, social activities and FOOD challenges. How do you veterans cope day to day? Moment to moment? Going to need some inspiration to stay the course 100 percent! All advice welcome!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj14 View Post
Good morning all! A nice long holiday weekend coming up complete with friends, family, social activities and FOOD challenges. How do you veterans cope day to day? Moment to moment? Going to need some inspiration to stay the course 100 percent! All advice welcome!
Plan ahead! Prepare your food ahead.
Know what the meals will be.
Bring things you CAN have
Bring packets, bars, snacks.

I'm always the one who brings a veggie tray (that way it contains OP veggies, instead of carrots and mini tomatoes).
Save your restricteds for events. Don't have them for breakfast.
Only eat select veggies at home. That way you don't have to worry if occasional veggies are served when you are out.

Focus on the people and not on the food.
Remember what we are really gaining and what we are really losing (we're missing out on NOTHING except the lbs falling off of us)

I prepared/planned well in advance for all special events last Fall. If you aren't planned for weekend activities, do it today! Make sure you have all of the products you need to carry out your plans. Give yourself time for cooking/chopping/food prep.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-28-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning and Happy Hump day.
Been struggling a lot emotionally with the diet. I am managing to stay OP but having a mini pity party for a moment each day. I feel like summer is almost over and I've missed some of the best parts of it. Must buckle down for the last 6 lbs.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #5  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Day 6

I'm looking forward to my first WI tomorrow!

I'm wondering -- how detrimental is it to not get in all the food you're supposed to in a day? My work day today will be spent driving from one site to another, with meetings while I'm not driving. So breakfast was no problem, but lunch is going to be hard to work in since I didn't plan ahead well enough. I have my shaker and a yogurt mix so I can probably manage that much, but it's really not feasible to eat a salad while driving! :-)

My coach limited my first week selections so I don't have any bars or easy-to-take IP products.

So, when I fix dinner tonight (stir fry -- yum!!), do I make up the vegetables from lunch or just skip them?

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj14 View Post
Like Lisa said - planning is key. Have a Plan A, a Plan B and a "worst case scenario" plan. Don't show up at an event hungry!

Focus on the socializing and enjoy yourself. It is easy to feel sorry for yourself if you focus on what you can't have - but it is so rewarding when you stay OP and don't have those extra pounds in just a few days.

And read The Real Cost of Cheating up in the stickies - that's really good motivation.

Stay strong - you can do this!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 08-28-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #7  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Tuesday I had my first zero on the scale at my weigh-in. I'm just going to keep telling myself I'm retaining water because I have been 100% on plan since 07/04.

Monday I spent the day outside walking at a theme park and stayed on plan the whole day. The security guard opened my purse and saw my EAS Drinks and IP bars and then looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I was on a medically restricted diet and I couldn't eat the food in the park. They don't allow outside food to be brought in, but he let me take mine.

Had steamed veggies from Panda Express while DH ate 2 servings of Orange Chicken, Lo Mein and a soda. He felt sick to his stomach for the next two hours! Ha, ha. One day he'll learn.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!! Hope you all have a great day! Halfway to the long weekend!!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #9  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Question for the vets, been dealing with the big C and my only relief seems to be taking a softner. How often do ya'll use them ? About every two days is when I take them. I ve increased my veggies and all but it doesn't seem to help
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Question for the vets, been dealing with the big C and my only relief seems to be taking a softner. How often do ya'll use them ? About every two days is when I take them. I ve increased my veggies and all but it doesn't seem to help
Are you using a Calcium supplement that has magnesium in it? Switching to one that has Mg might help...if that's not enough, adding Mg Citrate capsules as needed helped me. Some folks need to add that daily...I do not. Also..make sure your veggies include broccoli and some of the highest fiber choices.

Uhhmmm.....good luck! This plagues most of us at some point......once you find what works for you...stick with it...!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #11  

Like your new picture 65x65 You look awesome!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #12  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Are you using a Calcium supplement that has magnesium in it? Switching to one that has Mg might help...if that's not enough, adding Mg Citrate capsules as needed helped me. Some folks need to add that daily...I do not. Also..make sure your veggies include broccoli and some of the highest fiber choices.

Uhhmmm.....good luck! This plagues most of us at some point......once you find what works for you...stick with it...!
I've been using the cal-mag supplement given tome by my coach 2 pills twice a day. Lots of broccoli and greens. I'll try the mg citrate
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #13  
sugar is the devil

What's your thoughts on rotisserie chickens (ie. the pre-cooked full chickens you can buy at Safeway)? I haven't had it while I've been in IP. But when I used to have it, I always peeled off the skin and only ate from the white breast meat. You think this would be ok? (I dunno if they add some kind of injectables to the meat - that's why I'm asking). Just would make a quick easy dinner for me one night since I'm getting tired of cooking every day with my busy schedule this week.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #14  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Day One Done!!!

My first day went really well with the exception of a few random cravings during the day (sweet, salty, grilled steak )

Sleeping, however, was a whole other issue, lol. I went to be at my normal time but woke up two hours in with a HORRIBLE dull headache that would not go away!!! When I did doze off I had such bad, random dreams! Finally around 3:30 I put some Ideal Salt into some water and had that. The headache slllllllooooooowly subsided and I got some sleep. I hope tonight is better.

Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
I'm looking forward to my first WI tomorrow!

I'm wondering -- how detrimental is it to not get in all the food you're supposed to in a day? My work day today will be spent driving from one site to another, with meetings while I'm not driving. So breakfast was no problem, but lunch is going to be hard to work in since I didn't plan ahead well enough. I have my shaker and a yogurt mix so I can probably manage that much, but it's really not feasible to eat a salad while driving! :-)

My coach limited my first week selections so I don't have any bars or easy-to-take IP products.

So, when I fix dinner tonight (stir fry -- yum!!), do I make up the vegetables from lunch or just skip them?

Have a great day, everyone!
Don't skip them just have them for dinner. Sometimes it happens. You can also try putting spinach in a morning shake if you can't eat 4 cups in one sitting at night.
Closed Thread