View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Jean

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, breeze is blowing, and we're supposed to hit 95 this afternoon. I counted money at church this morning and then we went to a funeral in a nearby town. The guy was 89 and Bob had gone fishing with him in Canada a couple of different times. He was a very opinionated guy and would often take the opposite view just to create some discussion. During the last election he made some comments about those in office as well as gun rights; the federal government officials visited him shortly thereafter. Needless to say he didn't go to Canada the next year. I picked up the gift shop money and have it ready for the bank; need to return a check to the hospital and then my duties for the day are done.

"Gma" -- on another 3#s gone forever! One of the football moms brought a good sized cooler full of ice water and wash rags for the boys to use when they weren't on the field. I was glad the game only lasted an hour! I'm going to make an afghan for Will if and when he picks out yarn. He's a Superman fan and wanted red, blue, and yellow but I said nix on that idea. I'm not counting rows and switching yarn colors unless I have to.

Maggie -- How about ordering some cooler weather and sending it my way? We are to be in the 90s all week. The soccer games for tonight and tomorrow have been postponed. I saw it on tv and then Beth sent me a text. I'd be curious to know of mothers got together and rebelled. There was a wind yesterday at the football game, and we had our backs to the sun so it wasn't unbearable for us. Some people have HUGE umbrellas that had zippered slits so the wind could blow through. They sat on the ground, mostly with little kids and babies. We take our lawn chairs and just leave them in the car for the season.

I need to head off to the bank. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote