Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Really discouraged!! I know I shouldnt be!

OK so as you can see from my ticker and my other posts I have been losing 2 lbs a week for the longest time Its great..and I know I have posted a thread about ovulation and stalled weight loss.

But its realllllyyyy discouraging. I dont know if its because of retained water or if I am at a plateau or not!! I keep checking the scale like a mad women! I want to change my ticker to 148 arrrgh lol..I just really want to be rid of the 50's!! Im itching to get out because I know its all clockwork from there!!!

So this post was to primarily whine and complain about how ovulation- if thats what it is (I hope so ) completely messes up our weekly goal amount!!!

I hope I didnt plateau because I heard many horror stories about how frustrating it is. I have a friend who is into bodybuilding, she can give me some tips but stilllll!!! LOL

I wonder if its possible to get through my last 30-35 lbs without plateauing?

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-22-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Most likely you cannot avoid plateaus. They stink but it's just a small pit stop on your journey. I finally just busted through a stubborn one myself, and you will too (ToM helped me out big time )
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Trust me, it's not "clockwork" from any point in your journey. Weight loss slows down as you get smaller because you have less to lose -- your body becomes more efficient and you have to work twice as hard for the same results.

I understand the frustration, though, we've all been there. All you can do is keep pushing through!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #4  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
Trust me, it's not "clockwork" from any point in your journey. Weight loss slows down as you get smaller because you have less to lose -- your body becomes more efficient and you have to work twice as hard for the same results.

I understand the frustration, though, we've all been there. All you can do is keep pushing through!
THIS THIS AND THIS
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh I feel you!

Here is my problem...I know that I *can* in theory lose 2 lbs a week, that is 104 lbs in a year....so when I do not think I am getting there...I get frustrated. I have been on WW since January 27, so almost 8 months. By all accounts, I *should* be down 70lbs. I am down 52 as of this morning. That means that I am "off track" by 18lbs, so in my very numbers oriented head, even if I do the 2lbs a week thing for the rest of the year...I have failed my goal of what I *should* be able to do.

Here is the reality.

I *average* a 1.8 lbs loss a week, I can walk/jog 3 miles at a time now (when I started I could not walk a block), I can bike for at least 15 miles (again the block distance), I am down five sizes in my clothes, numerous annoying health issues have started to clear up, and I FEEL better. Granted I do not think i LOOK better (although people tell me I do).

Where am I going with this....

Our reality is sometimes (or in my case all of the time) is not what the *ACTUAL* reality is. We get stuck in this loop of numbers and goals and hard core data, that we like to look at on a daily basis. We get frustrated when there is not instant gratification, we beat ourselves up when we do not think we have succeeded fast enough based on some arbirtrary date or number that we ourselves have imposed. We all need to learn to stop looking at the little picture, and look at the big picture.

Yes, plateaus are frustrating as ****, even mini ones. We want this to be a cake walk, and just woosh the pounds down, but lets face it...lets face the actual reality. If it were that easy...none of us would be fat. None of us would be out of shape, and none of us would be in this situation. It is not easy, and our heads and sometimes bodies work against us.

I hate to sound trite..but just keep at it. Just keep staying on plan, working out..and living. Enjoy your journey..and life. For me that means that sometimes i have chocolate cake and wine. Sometimes that means I have too much of them HAHA. Sometimes that means I take a day off of a work out and just sit in my pajamas and do nothing for the whole entire day. But I only allow that one day, and then I am back at it, and sometimes I see it in the scale and sometimes I don't. You are moving forward. I am moving forward, we are all moving forward, even if you go a month without losing a pound...if you are staying on plan, working out, taking time for your brain to adjust and catch up....you are getting stronger...more fit...healthier and making a huge amount of progress. Hang tight...the body will catch up

I will climb off of my soap box now, since your post managed to catch me at a time when I have been feeling the EXACT same way....and have thought briefly "what the **** is the point".....answering your post has helped my head catch up and be ok with not going down as fast as it would like!

Don't worry...you got this!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #6  

Thanks guys

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
Oh I feel you!

Here is my problem...I know that I *can* in theory lose 2 lbs a week, that is 104 lbs in a year....so when I do not think I am getting there...I get frustrated. I have been on WW since January 27, so almost 8 months. By all accounts, I *should* be down 70lbs. I am down 52 as of this morning. That means that I am "off track" by 18lbs, so in my very numbers oriented head, even if I do the 2lbs a week thing for the rest of the year...I have failed my goal of what I *should* be able to do.

Here is the reality.

I *average* a 1.8 lbs loss a week, I can walk/jog 3 miles at a time now (when I started I could not walk a block), I can bike for at least 15 miles (again the block distance), I am down five sizes in my clothes, numerous annoying health issues have started to clear up, and I FEEL better. Granted I do not think i LOOK better (although people tell me I do).

Where am I going with this....

Our reality is sometimes (or in my case all of the time) is not what the *ACTUAL* reality is. We get stuck in this loop of numbers and goals and hard core data, that we like to look at on a daily basis. We get frustrated when there is not instant gratification, we beat ourselves up when we do not think we have succeeded fast enough based on some arbirtrary date or number that we ourselves have imposed. We all need to learn to stop looking at the little picture, and look at the big picture.

Yes, plateaus are frustrating as ****, even mini ones. We want this to be a cake walk, and just woosh the pounds down, but lets face it...lets face the actual reality. If it were that easy...none of us would be fat. None of us would be out of shape, and none of us would be in this situation. It is not easy, and our heads and sometimes bodies work against us.

I hate to sound trite..but just keep at it. Just keep staying on plan, working out..and living. Enjoy your journey..and life. For me that means that sometimes i have chocolate cake and wine. Sometimes that means I have too much of them HAHA. Sometimes that means I take a day off of a work out and just sit in my pajamas and do nothing for the whole entire day. But I only allow that one day, and then I am back at it, and sometimes I see it in the scale and sometimes I don't. You are moving forward. I am moving forward, we are all moving forward, even if you go a month without losing a pound...if you are staying on plan, working out, taking time for your brain to adjust and catch up....you are getting stronger...more fit...healthier and making a huge amount of progress. Hang tight...the body will catch up

I will climb off of my soap box now, since your post managed to catch me at a time when I have been feeling the EXACT same way....and have thought briefly "what the **** is the point".....answering your post has helped my head catch up and be ok with not going down as fast as it would like!

Don't worry...you got this!
Im glad that my post helped you out a little LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #8  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Lol it totally did!

But that's why we are on a forum right? To help each other and our selves at the same time!!!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #9  

Yay ... as of today I had lost my 2 pounds...probably ovulation..I am super happy!!

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #10  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Glad you are back to losing. Plateaus are hard to handle at times.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote