View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

Oh I didn’t feel real good yesterday at all for we must have eaten something that didn’t agree with our systems and I have narrowed it down to a hot dog we ate out. My system is cleaned out now from the Hershey squirts and I had a cup of chicken soup for lunch to help settle things down. It hit Will also so we both picked up a bug somewhere. It is hard to find out just where or “what” it was. We are OK now and have been working on the kitchen floor and are almost through. Got it laid down to the small area of the back door now. The biggest chore was pulling out the fridge but we had to get it out and clean under it anyway before we could put the flooring down in that area. What is done so far looks so good and we wonder why we didn’t do this years ago.

Will is across the alley now helping a neighbor with a project he is doing. He needed some of the tools Will has to help with his project so borrowed those and the owner. We can finish up the floor later.

Not anything planned for this day except the usual cleaning up the place that I do. While the dogs are out back I will pick up all their toys they have scattered about and put them in the basket then use the dust mop on the floor. These floors are so easy to keep clean and makes house work a lot easier for me plus they look so good. Next project will be painting the kitchen cupboards or refinishing the wood ~ just do something to make them look better for they really need a “face lift.” I certainly don’t sneeze like I used to do a lot in this house. Carpets harbor bad things for me. That motor home we are thinking of buying has these type floors. The present owners had the carpet removed and had this flooring installed and so we don’t have to do that. We did that in the last MH we owned. The “50’s” are long gone with their wall to wall carpeting “must haves.”

DONNA FAYE Sounds you have a viable solution to use to finish your sweater and have it look nice.

SUSAN in winning those tickets. I know you will enjoy the presentation. I loved it one time that I won a huge TV and we were able to gift it to a friend. The thing about winning that was that it made our income taxes go up that year.

JEAN Chopped up purple onions, celery, jicama, carrots, pimento, sliced water chestnuts and sliced black olives (or green), mustard & Miracle Whip are good in potato, macaroni or tuna salad. I like to julianne the jicama & carrots. I lighten the light Miracle Whip even more by mixing it half and half with yogurt cheese. If you don't like Miracle Whip you can lighten the mayo that way also. I don't put boiled eggs in the salad I take to a function but do use them occasionally in the salads we eat at home.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote