Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 8/22/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #2  

Good morning all
I exercised quite a bit yesterday (PT homework twice & driving range). Nothing high intensity but all outside of my normal daily activities and I didn't add a packet (I usually do).
I woke up with a headache.
I'm guessing the lack of extra packet may be the culprit.

When I add the extra, I make sure it is a lower cal one like orange drink or pink lemonade or I use one of the collagen packs that we're not supposed to use as a typical daily pack anyway (raspberry jello or blu/cran -only every-other-day, but also work great as my extra pack).

I usually add 2 oz vanilla drink to coffee in the am but I guess it just wasn't enuf yesterday. I'll pay more attention today. I got all my water but now I'm also wondering about salt. It was super hot & muggy on the driving range last evening. (My first golf lesson was Tuesday)

After getting 100+ lbs overweight, I'm learning to pay attention to my body again
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Little Star!
"I don't have the answer for you, but I wanted to say congratulations!!!!!
If you don't get an answer tonight, post again tomorrow so more people will see your question. I know it's been discussed before."

Thanks Crazynette
"Congrats!!! I think you should phase off properly following the protocols. Maybe only a week of phase 2, and a week of phase 3, but I think it's important to slowly reintroduce carbs back in. Otherwise you might end up getting sick. However being pregnant you might end of sick anyways!"

Thanks LizRR!
"Immediately move to Phase 3 and congrats! I am having my little girl in 2 weeks...love to hear about the IP babies! Waiting for the brave IPer who names thir baby Tran."

Hehe! This won’t be happening! Congrats on your baby girl!

I am so happy to have been a part of this incredible site! This is what I considered my true coach. I stayed with my real coach for the accountability, but you guys are the ones who have coached me!

I will be moving into phase 3 and on into pregnancy!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long! We have been trying for 5 years. After two years we got pregnant, but I miscarried. It's been 3 years now and I'm so scared to miscarry again I am afraid to be excited. Keeping it to immediate family and my friends who are family to me right now, and you guys!

I will still be checking in and will be back on IP at some point.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

In response to the person who posted yesterday that she is pregnant - I found out I was pg in February after a 62 lb weight loss. My coach had me do 3 days of P2 and 3 days of P3 and then to P4. I unfortunately had a miscarriage a few weeks later. I ultimately went back onto P1 a few months later to try to lose the last few lbs since we didn't get pg right away. I had another +pg test in June and I ended up phasing off more slowly with a week of P2 and 2 weeks of P3 and I felt much better and didn't gain any weight. I did have another miscarriage though. I brought the IP materials to my OB and she said that P4 is actually a great way to eat while pg, just add more healthy snacks with calcium like yogurt and string cheese. Remember you only need 200-300 extra calories per day.
Good luck to you and hopefully I will be there with you soon!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
In response to the person who posted yesterday that she is pregnant - I found out I was pg in February after a 62 lb weight loss. My coach had me do 3 days of P2 and 3 days of P3 and then to P4. I unfortunately had a miscarriage a few weeks later. I ultimately went back onto P1 a few months later to try to lose the last few lbs since we didn't get pg right away. I had another +pg test in June and I ended up phasing off more slowly with a week of P2 and 2 weeks of P3 and I felt much better and didn't gain any weight. I did have another miscarriage though. I brought the IP materials to my OB and she said that P4 is actually a great way to eat while pg, just add more healthy snacks with calcium like yogurt and string cheese. Remember you only need 200-300 extra calories per day.
Good luck to you and hopefully I will be there with you soon!
Thanks! Sorry for your losses. I too had a miscarriage about 3 years ago. I'm just getting over that one. I am scared to be excited right now, but will take one day at a time. I am being monitored more closely this time though. Good luck to you and I will pray for you to join me! (Don't want to offend, buy I'm a person who will pray for anyone at any time! I hope this is ok with you.)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning all....
When I add the extra, I make sure it is a lower cal one like orange drink or pink lemonade or I use one of the collagen packs that we're not supposed to use as a typical daily pack anyway (raspberry jello or blu/cran -only every-other-day, but also work great as my extra pack). ....
Hey Lisa, glad you are getting on with your PT well, hope the back is feeling better.

This part of your post i quoted is news it me, why should i only be having the collagen packs every other day? some days i drink a blueberry-cran and then later eat a jello...my coach never said anything about it and has reviewed my journals

Found the answer...."The blueberry Pom drink and raspberry jello packets are incomplete proteins which is why you don't want to use them every day. My coach also tells me that I can have them in addition to my regular 3 daily packets." but is the later part of this statement also true? still reading the thread to find out.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phases-13.html

hope everyone has/will have/ is having a lovely day

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-22-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning I Peeps!
Well, it's time for me to start a reboot - and to be accountable for it.
Sadly I'm up 18 lbs from my all-time low. Although I'm disappointed about it, I know that IP works and I know what I did (or should I say didn't do) to gain.
I've missed the inspiration, support and tips found daily here - so I plan to check in frequently!
Wishing everyone a great OP day!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPeeps!

Weigh-in #6 and down another 3.2! Which means I reached my first mini-goal! Now I need to figure out what my next one will be!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I will check back in this evening after work!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #9  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I hope this works!

Before pic and 6 weeks OP! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IP?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-6.jpg (19.3 KB, 63 views)
Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

First WI this morning - down 3.6! A good start, even though I know some might be water weight. Couldn't get any info on inches lost though, because when my coach did the measurements she said everything was coming out bigger this week! Hmmm...doesn't make sense, but she thinks she might have measured wrong so we will use this week as a starting point now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #11  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I hope this works!

Susie is shrinking! Yay, keep up the good work!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #12  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All! Today is going to be my first challenge: a work luncheon for someone who is retiring. Sandwich tray, chips, cakes...

I did bring a baggie of salad greens, and I will probably take some roast beef from the sandwich and put it in my salad. The cake....it will be hard, but hope to resist.

It's a muggy icky day here today! Blah. But at least tomorrow is Friday and I have another 3-day weekend! Tomorrow brings another challenge, it's my daughter's birthday: cake and ice cream with the grand-parents! I know I will do better at that one.

Have a great OP day everyone (it's nice reading these posts and getting to know everyone).

~theresa~
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #13  
sugar is the devil

I have a question about the spinach shakes...

I blended one up the other day with my chocolate drink mix cuz I heard all the raves. I did not like it all. Not because of the taste, but because of the texture. There was spinach pieces floating at the top of the shake and each time I took a sip, it felt like I was chewing little leaves. Which made me gag. Is there a secret way to blend this (for some reason, I had it in my head that this was going to be like a smoothie with everything liquidified).
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
Hey Lisa, glad you are getting on with your PT well, hope the back is feeling better.

This part of your post i quoted is news it me, why should i only be having the collagen packs every other day? some days i drink a blueberry-cran and then later eat a jello...my coach never said anything about it and has reviewed my journals

Found the answer...."The blueberry Pom drink and raspberry jello packets are incomplete proteins which is why you don't want to use them every day. My coach also tells me that I can have them in addition to my regular 3 daily packets." but is the later part of this statement also true? still reading the thread to find out.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phases-13.html
As noted here at least a zillion times, not all coaches have the same level of training. I just saw a website stating their coaches had "level 3 training"

Anyway...my (former, fired) coach is a Region Rep. They go to ALL of the trainings. Yes, the blueberry Pom and Rasperry jello are incomplete proteins and should be used in one of 2 ways: as an extra packet if used daily or only used every-other day as a regular, unrestricted.
This is why they are one of my go-tos for an after-exercise additional packet (at least until I run out of IP products). If anyone remembers the liquid diets of the 70s-early 80s & people dying...this is why. They were using exclusively collagen as the protein & it was incomplete & it killed people!

Interesting...my coach must lurk here. I never told her I was leaving her clinic. She hasn't called me since I returned from vacation (getting close to a month ago, so 2 months since I've been there). Seems like she'd be missing the business...oh well...her lack of providing what I needed is why I'm no longer going there.

Quote:
The proof is in the pics! IP works!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
I hope this works!

Congrats!!!! That's awesome!!

I've got to get my brave up and do some before/after pics, especially after seeing some of these awesome results! I think it will really help solidify what I'm doing and how it's working!!
Closed Thread