Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Default Re-motivating yourself

What do you tell yourself to encourage yourself to keep going when your motivation or will starts to fade?
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

I usually look in the mirror or at my tracker graph. Also I go on pinterest on my phone they have so many good motivating quotes and images its great!
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I don't know, but I need to find it quick. My motivation has sucked the past few weeks!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #4  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

I look at myself in the mirror... and remind myself I CAN do this, and WHY I am doing this, and how this isn't just something I'm doing to pass the time, but instead something that will change my life forever. So far, these little pep-talks with myself have worked out.
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I tell myself, "Go to bed!" There's nothing like getting enough sleep to put me back on track. And then I go find things that bring me joy, because it makes me feel good about myself, healthy, and I have no desire to go off track. Until the next bad mood.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #6  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMNEVO View Post
I usually look in the mirror or at my tracker graph. Also I go on pinterest on my phone they have so many good motivating quotes and images its great!
Omg pinterest is amazing! (for so many things!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
I don't know, but I need to find it quick. My motivation has sucked the past few weeks!
Aww, well I hope this thread might help generate some ideas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairandfree View Post
I look at myself in the mirror... and remind myself I CAN do this, and WHY I am doing this, and how this isn't just something I'm doing to pass the time, but instead something that will change my life forever. So far, these little pep-talks with myself have worked out.
I love it!
The word "change my life forever" is really catching me attention at the moment... One year's worth of effort (or so) (plus maintenance), for a lifetime of improvement... That sounds amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I tell myself, "Go to bed!" There's nothing like getting enough sleep to put me back on track. And then I go find things that bring me joy, because it makes me feel good about myself, healthy, and I have no desire to go off track. Until the next bad mood.
Sleep is glorious!
I like your approach!!

Sometimes when I find my motivation waning, I scan through the goal stories, goal photos, or simply go workout. Hahaha, nothing like a little sweat to remind me of my goals.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #7  
Started IP March 2013

Try to find some me time and it helps.
Aksarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I tell myself, "Suck it up, Princess". I tell myself that I will not give in to my inner two-year-old every time she throws a fit for a package of cookies or some potato chips. I know that won't work for everyone, but it usually works for me.

I also try to not let myself be ruled by the scale. I currently weigh myself a couple times a week, and today I was up a little bit but this is not my first rodeo and I know that fluctuations are totally normal. Using an "up" day on the scale as an excuse to eat crap is like using an empty bank account as an excuse to go on a spending spree. So I just record it as a piece of data and then go about my day.

Getting my head into that space is the struggle. But once I'm in that space, it's not too hard for me to stay there. I guess the key (for me) is to be kind (but firm!) to myself, and to keep negative emotions out of it.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #9  

My PC desktop is a 3 way picture of at 236 lbs, me now at 199, and a question mark for 173. It helps remind me how far I've come, and that I can do this! =It's a great motivator
snowpatrolchlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I go to the Goals posts on this forum and look through before and after weight loss pictures. I find it really inspiring that other people have done it, and it makes me think that if they could do it, why not me.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I remind myself that going back to the old eating way will result in me spending a half hour trying to find a position where I could get my shoes on. That was totally humiliating, and I was the only person in the room!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #12  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I tell myself:
You can gain, you can lose, or the stay the same. The time will pass anyways!

I'm not willing to regain the weight, so right now I'm focusing on staying the same since I'm not in the right mindset to lose.

You can do this! Just take it one day at a time!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #13  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I tell myself -- "You're getting stronger every day." And, when I see my coworkers chowing down on some scrumptious goodies, I tell myself, "You're not like them. You no longer eat sugar. Just carry on." Then I grab a piece of sugarless gum.

I also like to try on clothes. I always have something in my closet that I'm trying to get into, and it's a thrill to see that I'm getting closer to being able to zip up!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #14  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairandfree View Post
I needed this! Thanks for starting this thread! We can do this.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote