Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:17 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default DaVinci Sugar Free Syrups - UPDATE

In my opinion:

I ordered the German Chocolate Cake, Toasted Hazelnut, French Vanilla and Orange.

OMG ARE THEY GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put the toasted hazelnut in my coffee yesterday and WOW it was wonderful !

I opened the german chocolate bottle and just dabed my finger in it and I'm telling you the chocolatey coconut flavor was so good, I almost had to go take a cold shower

Orange & vanilla can wait till later..........

0 calories and 0 carbs ..... way to cool !!

Anyone else have reviews on the flavors ?
Old 10-31-2003, 09:54 AM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow leens....they sound supremely yummy - just think of the possibilities!

Unfortunately in Canada the Da Vinci Syrups are not readily available (altho I heard of a health food place near where I get my car serviced so will have to check it out next time I'm out there!). I now have a few bottles of Torani sf syrup in my collection and they are pretty good: sf vanilla: all purpose good for everything from plain yogurt to whipping cream, I have recently added the sf raspberry - quite yummy and the chocolate (Mostly for dh altho I did make some chocolate yogurt the other day and it was pretty good!).

Let us know what your hubby thinks of the new flavors (nod, nod, wink, wink).

Froufie
Old 10-31-2003, 11:05 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Froufy, I didn't get them at a local store, I had to order them on the web, and they shipped them pretty darn fast. Can they send them to you in CA ?

Just me, a candle, german chocolate cake, ah heck, who needs hubby LOL
Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 AM   #4  
Head Princess

I have the cherry syrup. It's wonderful! I use it in my sodas or make snow cones with it (when it's not freezing outside). The taste reminds me so much of marichino cherries that sometimes I just stick my finger in it - yummmmmmmmmm!

Which reminds me of a story - so last weekend I was at the pub where my husband works weekends and I went to get some more water. Up at the bar, they have this container with different compartments for limes, lemons, olives, etc. and it has a frosted plastic cover on top. I was standing right in front of it and was looking down when I noticed that one of the compartments had these little round red things in it. I was so confused! I stood there for a full minute trying to figure out why and when they had started using cherry tomatoes before I realized that they were marichino cherries. See? Still a dork!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:08 PM   #5  
reaching my goals

I've tried the vanilla and hazelnut. They both are delicious. I just received my natures best "syrups" yesterday. I've not been impressed. Only the butterscotch and pralines were syrups. The other flavors were sauces. It said you could put them in coffee and tea but they are thicker. I'll try them all this weekend. So far I've tried the pralines - not too good in coffee. I'll add a little cream next time. Butterscotch is pretty good to stick finger in. Chocolate Caramel wasn't too tasty in coffee either. Maybe cream will help that one too. I might have to reserve these just for heavy cream for a quick desert.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:45 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hey.. those of you who buy them in stores.. where do you get them? and where is a link on line for them???
Old 11-02-2003, 09:31 AM   #7  
thin within

when we were back in the states, we found them at wal-mart. oh how i miss wal-mart, my favorite store!
Old 11-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #8  
reaching my goals

Wal-Mart is where I get my davinci syrup. So far they've only had the vanilla and hazelnut in the sf variety. I believe the online site is www.davincigourmet.com.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:54 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I tried the French Vanilla and I'm not crazy about it. Maybe the regular vanilla is better ?

Hubby loves the orange.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:47 PM   #10  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Okay, tried the SF Caramel in my coffee this morning instead of the Splenda... divine!!! It tastes more like Butterscotch to me, but still really, really good.

Found out from my Barista that the "Cash & Carry" here in Seattle has them for a good price. There is one just a few blocks from my work so I'm going to stop by.

I'm going to at least get Vanilla and Raspberry (to make Italian Sodas) and anything else that strikes my fancy. Yummy!!!!!
Closed Thread