Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/21/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning and have a great day everyone!

I have a busy day planned today, won't be home until later evening. I have a meeting at 7pm, which is usually followed by appetizers and drinks at the local restaurant. But I have a plan and will stick to it!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #3  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Good morning all! You'll do great littlestar.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps! It's day 7 here for me and each day that I stick to this plan I feel better and better. I can't believe how bogged down I made myself by eating all the typical carby foods! Ha, and I even thought that I wasn't "as bad as most people are". Truly a huge difference for me & my health issues. I am hooked.

Hope everyone has a beautiful OP Wednesday!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning! Day 3 of my restart! Went to bed early last night, husband couldn't figure out why I was so tired. I told him I was the same way the first time around, tired the first week! Plus I am doing more now than I did before... walking the kids to and from school, getting up earlier.

Anway, found out a new clinic opening up in my area is building a gym area for those on IP to work out. Friend of mine will be going there so can't wait to hear what workouts they have there. If I could still do alternatives and go there I so would for some instruction on workouts... especially toning!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

morning, all! Wishing everyone a totally 100%OP day!

NSV: it will be five months on OP for me in 2 days. I'm down 54 lbs and 35 inches!! whoot whoot!!! Now to keep this train on the track. Maybe I'll make goal by Jan/feb!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Ideal Protein

Good morning! This is my 15th week on IP and 40 lbs down. I'm not weighing in this week, because I have to be assigned a new coach (left her job).
I'm very lucky because my two best friends are on this diet also (one is doing the alternative version), so lots of support there.
Hope you all have a fabulous day.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! I survived my work function relatively unscathed. They had steak and steamed veggies, but the veggies had a slight buttery taste, so I was paranoid about eating them all. The only salad option was ceasar, so I passed. I also drank about ten glasses of water!

I was so full by the end of the meal. I don't think I am used to eating like that anymore! Hopped on the scale this morning and I was the same weight which I am very happy with.

Congrats to everyone with losses!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #9  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Has anyone ever tried the DaVinci brand flavoured syrup? I see that on LowCarb Canada, they are 0/0/0. I noticed an amaretto flavour which I thought would be great in a rhubarb crisp.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Has anyone ever tried the DaVinci brand flavoured syrup? I see that on LowCarb Canada, they are 0/0/0. I noticed an amaretto flavour which I thought would be great in a rhubarb crisp.

Any thoughts?
I use the davinci syrups all the time, puddings, shakes and I cook with them often. I don't think you will be disappointed!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

<sigh> Well, awesome. I just had a long message typed and my computer ate it.

Hope everyone is having a great morning, and I'll be heading over to the recipe threads to get some good ideas to help DH from getting overly bored with the meat and veg.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

davinci syrups, I am getting ready to order online, they have no shipping charges. They also have a praline that sounds great.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I have the amaretto in my office and it is awesome in coffee. I had to hide it away though - too many people thought it was actual amaretto!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #14  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I usually use Torani, but bought DaVinci last time we were out. Just as good. We like the hazelnut a lot.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrm View Post
I have the amaretto in my office and it is awesome in coffee. I had to hide it away though - too many people thought it was actual amaretto!
Hee, hee, that would totally be my office too and they'd be trying to steal it

Good morning everybody! I got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday - too tired from my son's sleepover. Well, except trying and loving the potato puree breadstick recipe!

Heading out to the art gallery today with my sister to check out a great exhibit. We'll probably do lunch afterwards and I already figured out which restaurant to go to that has IP-friendly lunches, yay!

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Jo
Closed Thread