Old 08-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #46  
Started IP March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Caroline Myss has done some interesting work around the 'saboteur' part of our personality. Everyone has one. I am still learning how to deal with mine.

I wonder if has something to do with fear of success?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
I have this problem as well...especially when really close!
And you are really close congratulations!
Aksarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #47  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

A brief snippet from Myss about the saboteur:

The Saboteur

This may be the most difficult of all the archetypes to understand, because its name is associated with betrayal. Yet the purpose of this archetype is not to sabotage you, but to help you learn the many ways in which you undermine yourself. How often do you set new plans in motion, only to end up standing in your own way because of the fears that undermine those optimistic plans. Or you begin a new relationship and then destroy it because you begin to imagine a painful outcome. You begin a working relationship with another person and find yourself once again in a power struggle that could be settled peacefully -- but you fall into the same destructive pattern because you fear the other person.

The Saboteur's fears and issues are all related to low self-esteem that causes you to make choices that block your own empowerment and success. As with the Victim and Prostitute, you need to face this powerful archetype that we all possess and make it an ally. When you do, you will find that it calls your attention to situations in which you are in danger of being sabotaged, or of sabotaging yourself. Once you are comfortable with the Saboteur, you learn to hear and heed these warnings, saving yourself untold grief from making the same mistakes over and over. Ignore it, and the shadow Saboteur will manifest in the form of self-destructive behavior or the desire to undermine others.

To learn how to become aware of the action of the Saboteur within, ask yourself these questions:
What fears have the most authority over me? List three.
What happens when a fear overtakes me? Does it make me silent?
Do I allow people to speak for me?
Do I agree to some things out of fear that I otherwise would not agree to?
Have I let creative opportunities pass me by?
How conscious am I in the moment that I am sabotaging myself?
Am I able to recognize the Saboteur in others?
Would I be able to offer others advice about how to challenge one's Saboteur? If so, what would it be?

http://www.myss.com/library/contracts/four_archs.asp

Last edited by Annik; 08-20-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #48  
Started IP March 2013

Default Sabotage v hormones

Or maybe it isn't a sabotage but a big flux or absence
Of hormones because I have been crabby
And tight and crazy lately. I read somewhere
About our fat storing hormones?
Aksarben is offline   Reply With Quote