View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
amandie
You broke the golden rule

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

About a month ago, I made an green enchilada bean soup with pureed white beans and enough stock to my preferred consistency- so good! I added sauteed onions for a bit more flavor boost.

1 can (10.5 oz) can of green enchilada sauce
1 to 1 1/2 cups white beans (I used great northern)
Stock (veggie or whatever you prefer to use.)
1/2 onion, sauteed

Put in food processor/blender or mash beans until smooth, put in pot along with green enchilada sauce and stir. Saute' onions for a few minutes then add to the pot. Heat until warm/hot.

If you eat cheese, a little bit of that on top would be great. I had it with some torn up baked corn tortillas (flavored with a bit of olive oil and tajin.)

I know this may not be what you were asking for but I've made cinnamon sugar bean blondies and they were freaking awesome, lol. The two different things I did from the recipe was use great northern beans instead of chickpeas/garbanzo and pecans instead of walnuts since they were what I had on hand at the time.

I've only used lentils once and that was to make a faux sloppy joe. I really liked it and thought it was good. Not sure why I didn't make it again?!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote