Old 08-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/231/130

Height: 5'4

Default Newcomer

I am new to OA but not to 3FC. I am 35 years old and have just over 100 pounds to lose. I am a food addict and compulsive eater. I have tried every diet out there, but I never seem to be able to stick with it for long. I consistently eat more when I am home alone and frequently find myself looking for excuses to run errands alone so that I can stop at the bakery or for fast food without anyone else knowing. I always make sure to throw away the wrappers/containers before I get home.
I have been reading about OA for a dew days and am feeling that abstinence is what I need to do. It's not about weight loss, it's about getting your mind and body healthy. Just like an alcoholic, it only takes one taste for me to set off a binge. I am also going to get rid of my scale. I need to focus more on making healthier choices instead of on a number that provides such a small insight into the progress I am making. I am hoping to attend my first online meeting tonight.
dewittmba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #2  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

I can relate to your story. My binges were always alone, my eating wildly out of control at times. I personally had to get at what was eating me before I attained abstinence. Go where you heart says to find help. Welcome.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote