Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Recipe Ideas

Hi Guys,

I'm going back to basics to help my husband and I get back on-plan. One thing that always worked well was to plan ahead. I also like to keep it simple. What are your go-to meals for lunch and dinner? I have some ideas for shrimp and salmon. I could use some good ideas for chicken and perhaps pork. I'll probably have beef once or twice a week. My aim is 400 calories for me and 600 for the hubs.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

I like to put a 3 pound pork roast in the crock pot with a jar of salsa. Leave it on low for like 8 hours, and it'll cook up so nice and tender. You can pull it into shreds in just a few minutes with two forks. I throw it on salads, spread some on tomato slices, eat it with eggs over-easy for breakfast with salsa and sour cream. It's one of the yummiest things I know how to cook.

Did you know you can also roast a chicken in the slow cooker! Yeah! Leave the skin on while it cooks, and rub some salt, pepper, sage and rosemary up under the skin. You can't use too much sage and rosemary on a whole chicken. Tarragon is good in there as well. I then shove some sliced onions under the bird to keep it from sitting in its own juices and add some sweetness when the onions cook up. All it needs is some steamed veggies and a glass of milk, and you're good to go.

Crock pots pretty much make anything 10 times more delicious, and it's a perfect solution when both partners in the household work full time. It's REALLY helped me cut down on the convenience foods and fast food runs when we're too tired to cook much.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #3  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

For a quick meal, I thaw out frozen tilapia overnight. Sprinkled with Mrs. Dash seasoning and pepper then sauté in 1/2 tbsp. butter and a little EVOO. The fish only takes a few minutes on both sides and is great with a side of steamed broccoli and a salad. Enjoy!
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

On the cheap, I have Baked Potato and Baked Beans. frozen potatos in the Micorwave 6mins and then heat up a tin of beans. keeps my happy.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #5  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

A really nice sauce for steak/ chicken , two packs soy sauce, Brown sugar to taste, chili powder, cumin and garlic, blend. Makes meat taste really nice. Mmm.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #6  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

helonurse mentioned putting the pork roast in the crockpot...I put chicken breasts in the crockpot on low either all day or all night, drain any water, stir and it will shred itself, add BBQ sauce. I make it and put in containers to freeze that are 260 calories (My husband eats it on a bun, I eat it plain with a side of veggies).

Grilled chicken is AMAZING with GrillMate Mesquite flavoring (usually you'd think of that for steak, but it's great with chicken. I marinate it for several hours before grilling)

Ground turkey with taco seasoning. You can't tell it's not beef because of the flavoring. I freeze them in 213 calorie containers (husband eats on tortilla with taco stuff, I put the meat on a lettuce salad and use salsa as the dressing)
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

These are great ideas! Thank you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote