Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default Cheryls diet "diary"

So i am taking inspiration here from a guy called Stuart who bravely started a thread to chart his journey in the murky waters of weightloss.

So lets start with a little about me.

I am Cheryl, aged 28, single, from Scotland, battling many issues as most people are these days, overweight and unhappy about it.
I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and OCD following the breakup of a very damaging and toxic relationship. I found the pills they gave me made me worse so i stopped taking them and i am trying to manage by myself which is a struggle.

Anyways, my heaviest recorded weight ever was 200lbs and im now around 174-177 most days and have been maintaining this for about 9 months. I am ready to go lower. My aim is 160 by Christmas which i think is completely do-able!
My ultimate goal (for now) is 140.

So what am i doing to get there i hear you ask. Well ive been eating low Gi/good carbs for a while now because i thought it would help with some medical issues and feel good on it so what im going to do is keep on it, watch my calories and try to increase my exercise.

At the moment i do no exercise other than the 20 min walk to work and then 20 minutes home mon-fri. But i do have a membership to the gym at my work which includes all the classes so im going to start trying to go about 3 times a week to start and then gradually build up.

I plan on using this thread to keep myself accountable posting weight and general stuff really. Feel free to read and post or ignore.

Hoping i can do this.

Cheryl
Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Luck Cheryl,

I would love to visit Scotland one day. We went to Ireland last year to celebrate 30 years of marriage and it was beautiful!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #3  

Thanks Bella. I really need to do this now for myself. I kinda feel that this fat was my protection in that relationship and it needs to go leaving behind a lean, mean, ***-whipping go-getter!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #4  

so today is cleaning and shopping day and i cba!
the thought of planning out a weeks meals again leaves me feeling UGG!
Why did i let myself get to the point where i have to do this? where i have to plan every last morsel?
I don't want to eat salad every day for lunch again this week but what else can i take to work where there is no microwave that will "cost me" less than 200 calories and still fill me up? Not a lot!
I dont think ill bother buying stuff to make dinner, ill just live off my healthy freezer stock for the week because im feeling drained with the constant planning, logging, cooking and thinking about food. absolutely fed up i am at the moment.
Ugg come on Cheryl, its not so bad. It could be a lot worse. If your biggest worry is what you put in your mouth.... COME ON!
Get your fighting spirit back! you have already lost over 20lbs, surely another 35 or so is completely doable?
Lets think for a moment here, taking 10 minutes to plan your week can lead to a lifetime of being healthy and happy. Its so worth it!
Oh dear, dunno if i'm crazy giving myself motivational speeches but i have no one else here to do it for me.

Right lets go!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #5  

so i just had big mac in a bowl because ive been wanting to try it for ages, i was so looking forward to it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ..... i feel SICK as a dog. Dunno what i did wrong but it really hasnt agreed with me at all.
Closed Thread