Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #1  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Exercise Check-ins for Becksters - August 2013 Edition

Hi. I just wanted to create a small space for us to record our exercise activity: planned and unplanned. I need to be honest and accountable and writing it down helps me focus on it. I hope someone else will find this useful too.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #2  
persist

Default aug 8 checking in

I plan to walk to the community centre today and walk back. Will track how long this really takes. My estimate is 30min one way. we'll see. Will update when done. UPDATE: *credit* walked to the community centre. It was hot out today. It took 15minute to get there, then I asked about water aerobics. They don't have any--no instructors. But the pool was fantastic. I walked back by a different route, through a park, and then it came out near my street. I was gone exatly an hour but actual walking time was less than that. I will take a credit for 45min.

minutes moved on purpose this month: 45

Tomorrow's goal: walk to garden and weed for an hour, and then walk home.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #3  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

My primary exercise plan is two 20 minute a day walks at work. I took them both today--one just under and one just over 20 minutes.

I sometimes feel it's not "enough"--but I remind myself I'm doing lots more than I was before!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #4  
persist

Hi Beth

Every little bit we do, if we do it consistently, builds us up. And TWO walks each day is TWO CREDIT worthy! ---> Awesome.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Our walk today was shortened today, but I managed 45 minutes of dancing and stretching after supper to make up the time!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #6  
persist

Looks like rain today so I may have to modify my gardening exercise plan. If I don't go to the garden I am going to a local art gallery where there will be walking at elast an hour, leisurely, but walking.

UPDATE: discovered a trail that goes around a pond that's the size of some lakes. I walked 45 minutes around the pond and then went to the gallery and walked, looked at paintings, walked a few steps looked, you know. In all I was out and active for 65minutes. But I can really only count the 45 when I was really truly moving.

minutes moved on purpose this month: 90

Tomorrow's goal: walking around at the giant amusement park.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #7  
I can do this

It's Friday and my walking partner was off today. I keep headphones in my purse so listened to Clay Walker and Trace Adkins and took two walks--one 19 minute, one 21.

I'll bring my walking shoes with me this weekend (we're going to visit my BFF for her birthday)--last time I was up there for a weekend I walked both mornings.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #8  
persist

I did my walking yesterday at the amusement park. My estimate is 2-3hrs of walking as we were there 6 hours total. I'll take 120min for the day.

210min walked this month so far.

Today we are scoping out a comic book show show. It's probably a small venue so I don't think my walking will happen there. I'll be on the alert for an opportunity to get my 30minutes + in today. So, I plan to find a place to walk in while I am out.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #9  
persist

Question Sunday report and Monday plan

Ok so we went to the mall yesterday and we deliberately walked for 30min. I made DH time us with his wrist watch. The goal was 30 min and we met it, and may have surpassed it, but I will cliam the 30min.

240min moved this month

Today's plan was not to do anything but I think I will revise that and do a 30 wii fit thing. Right now the exercise is happening but the food isn't. I'll keep trying to get both going at the same time.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #10  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone,
I am back with baby steps, I walked for 60 minutes today. I will try and walk every day.
I too need to get both exercise and food both going at the same time.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #11  
I can do this

Great walk today, Newlifestyle--I'm glad you're back.

Hope you had fun on the wii, onebyone.

I didn't exercise at BFF's this weekend--but I did get both my 20 minute walks in today at work, so credit for that.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #12  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all, I walked for an hour and then went to play at the park with my son. It was fun, I think this need to happen every day.
Hello Beth, thanks for the welcome, it is nice to be back.
I need to keep on coming back, this is where I need to be. I felt overwhelmed posting last night, today it is easier. I need to work on the clutter as I travel through this journey
Have a great night everyone.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #13  
persist

Thumbs up wednesday already

Hi There Everyone

Well two days have passed since it was my intention to exercise on the Monday. It didn't happen.

This afternoon, like before 4pm, I will walk to the art store and to my garden. That'll be around 40 minutes of walking total. If I do any gardening (so scared to see how neglected my garden is!) I'll add that to the total. I am hoping I can find some stuff to pick. I can tell you that whatever plant gives me stuff to bring home is an awesome variety as I have been almost absent from the garden.

Will check back with my update later.

Newlifestyle very glad you're here. we are very similar. we can get going and get both parts of our new imporved helathy-focused lives on track. thanks for continuing to move forward.

bethFromDayton kudos for getting your walks in. 2 x 20 is a decent amount of exercise. You may want to consider adopting what gardenerjoy does and adding up how many minutes you do in a month. I am finding that for me it is amazing to watch it jump from walk to walk to walk. She sets a monthly goal to meet too, which I want to do in the future as well. Again, great job!

Speaking of who, gardenerjoy Hello!

UPDATE: I left the house at 4:20pm and returned at 5:50. I walked to the dollar store-found my stuff there instead of the art store, then walked to the garden and faced an enormous weedy mess. Like weeds 3-4' tall. I decided to try to do something about it. I bought the scissors that are suppoed to cut anything and what I couldn't pull, I cut at the soil line. It is a job that needs garden gloves, which I forgot. So by the time I left I freed 3 tomato plants. Lots of tomatoes on them. I even harvested 4 on site from a still trapped plant. If I just do 3 plants/day it'll be done in 5 days. I'm away Sat and Sun so maybe I can push it tomorrow, esp. if I am properly dressed for it.

I'll take 60min activity for today = 300min for the month so far.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/199/165

Height: 5'8"

Hello Beth, Joy, New and 1x1,
I've been nursing a torn knee for some time but have settled into walking, core classes, and aquafitness. I don't have kids and my employer requires me/allow me to work out at work so there's no excuse for not being active. I thought I'd share a nifty gadget that I purchased - it's an UP fitness band by Jawbone - expensive but usefull ($150 CAD). It not only measures your steps each day but the number of minutes of activity you've completed. You can set an alarm so that if you don't get up and move after a certain time it vibrates a little to nudge you into getting away from your desk or the couch. It also acts as an alarm in the morning, monitoring your active and deep sleep and then waking you by vibrating when you enter a light sleep period close to the time when you set the alarm. I have an Android phone so the software hasn't been coded yet but if you have an iPhone it will connect with My Fitness Pal too. You can connect it to a laptop or computer to upload or download your activities for the day. I got it to help me determine how many calories I'm really expending every day. It was an eye-opener and explained exactly why I was "dieting" and never losing any weight. I set a goal of 12,000 steps every day and it tells me how I'm doing in a bar graph, tallies up weekly totals for hours and minutes active, calculates a mileage estimate and so on. I'm gadget oriented so it helps keep me on track.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #15  
I can do this

Hi all,

My walking partner is off the rest of this week, but I did my two 20 minute walks on my own--listening to Seanan McGuire's Wicked Girls album (filk). I'm faster on my own. My walking partner is bigger than I was/am, and she puffs a bit if I speed up too much.

Tracey, I'm afraid to find out how many calories I'm really expending--but gadgets are fun. I think MFP has worked for me since it's on my phone and I can scan things!

Exercise well, all!
Closed Thread