View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Ruthxxx
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/177/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think Fall Thursday - Oh no!!!!

Here's a cup of coffee - yes, it's Paul Newman. Quite chilly this morning at 53F but it'll warm up to 76 later. Until then, Paul will do.

I realized fall is on the way yesterday when I noticed sumac trees starting to turn a bit. I also put some summer clothing into the storage bin rather than in the closet. Funny but I am going into my pre-fall semi-panic. (I think it's from teaching school for so many years.)

At ten I have a meeting here with three of the guys to discuss finances. As usual we are broke this time of year as we have paid staff all summer and the grants have yet to arrive to replenish the account. We are running on a line of credit right now and I want to get it through their heads that we have to stop spending money on "extras" like building flower boxes for the Town Hall porch! Wish me luck! I'm hoping my coffee and cookies will help ease the blow!

This afternoon I plan to do some cutting back in the front garden so it looks a bit better when fall really does arrive. Of course that idea could fall by the wayside if something more interesting happens along. (Life is short. Eat dessert first.)

In the meantime, another coffee is in order and a browse through the online papers.

Have a thoughtful and useful Thursday.