PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Urgent: TVUS and ablation?

Tomorrow I have to go in and have a TVUS to see why my periods are non-existent then show up, then disappear. Hopefully nothing will turn up, but the doc mentioned a Nova Sure ablation so I don't have wonky periods anymore. If they find fibroids or something, then I guess it's a different surgery.

Anyway, I'm a bit freaked out. I am horrified beyond all reason by the idea of the procedure. This is 1000% worse than even the horrible regular gyn visit. Anyone else do this, have any words of wisdom to make me feel less like getting in the car and running far far away from my appt tomorrow?

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-15-2013 at 07:04 AM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry to hear it!

But I've had one and it's really not that bad.

I actually thought it was better than a pap smear... maybe I am just weird.

Don't run away. It'll be fine, they'll have a better idea of what's going on with your periods, if you have PCOS (the ring of pearls around your ovaries) or something else.

It's better to know than not know!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

How can it not be bad? You're being molested by a complete stranger.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #4  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

No, you're being aided by a trained medical professional.

I understand that you're really anxious and scared and I'm sorry. Any medical procedure can be nervewracking. Keep in mind that to the doctors, this is just a medical thing - try to distance yourself from the embarrassment/shame/other intense emotions. Which is not to say you should deny how you feel, at all -- just take a deep breath, and screw up your courage.

Hope it goes well tomorrow.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

It doesn't matter. It is just going to be awful any way you look at it. Medical procedures don't bother me usually, not needles, or even getting cut on, or MRIs in the tube that bother so many etc. This is a whole other story.

ETA: Home now and it was even more immeasurably unpleasant than I had even guessed it could be.

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-15-2013 at 12:05 PM.