Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default fitbit one, flex, or jawbone?

Or any other device that works similarly?

I've been leaning toward fitbit one. Flex is nice in theory, because I won't throw it in the wash or lose it as easily, but reviews say it overcalculates steps and calories because you wear it around your wrist, you tack on steps even when your sitting and using your arms. I love that the fitbit tracks sleep as well... does anyone have anything positive or negative to say, or another device that I might find useful? Are the calorie counts on fitbit accurate? I haven't looked much into jawbone, but I think it works similarly...
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I use the Nike Fuel Band and I love it because it's on my wrist and I won't drop it or have issues when wearing a dress (I wear those a lot). If anything, I feel like it underestimates how much I do but it really motivates me to move more.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #3  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I use the Bodymedia Fit and absolutely love it! It is like a cheaper version of the Bodybugg.

It tracks steps, exercise (moderate and vigorous), sleep, food logging etc. I have found it to be pretty accurate as well. The only draw back is it does cost a monthly fee to use. It is $6-8 a month (Sorry, I cant remember the exact price) but so worth it in my opinion.

Good luck choosing!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #4  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have the Fitbit Flex and LOVE it! I also love that it is on my wrist. It also syncs with My Fitness Pal if you use that and some other fitness apps. I heard the jawbone is good but it has to be plugged into your phone to sync and honestly I love being able to just open the app and my Flex syncs automatically! Highly recommend the Flex!

Last edited by SouthernBell02; 08-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #5  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I have owned and lost three fitbits, the last one a fitbit one. :/ I LOVED it - the sleep tracking feature is awesome - but I am no longer allowed to buy one. (The last one lasted me.... 4 weeks? Longer than the other two, which I bought/quickly lost a couple years ago.)

The fitbit one has a molded silicone clip to hold the device. It's an improvement over previous models, but apparently still not super secure. Or it's possible I'm just exceptionally bad at keeping track of things on my person. (All three times, they were clipped to my pants.)
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #6  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

I have the BodyMedia Fit, as well. It's $6.95/month for the service, in addition to the upfront cost of the band. But it's totally worth it. (And if you go on Amazon, the armband is a lot cheaper than it is on the BodyMedia website) I love my armband. It will tell you within 10% exactly how many calories you burn every day. It logs steps, calories burned, sleep, and activity levels (regular activity vs. vigorous activity). It's pretty fabulous. I actually wrote a whole blog post about the armband, you can see it here: http://www.badassey.com/my-bodymedia-fit-link/
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'4"

I have the fitbit and I love it! I lost it once but it was because I forgot where I put it. I have my myfitnesspal account and fitbit account linked. I also love the motivational messages it gives me.
Fantasyfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks everyone! I was really looking at the bodymedia fit but I bought the fitbit one off a friend for 1/2 price, and so far I'm super happy with it! the only downside being that my phone isn't compatible so it doesn't sync, and I don't have a real computer, only the windows tablet. So i'll just have to sync it with my parents computer when I see them.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote