Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Default I Did A No-No

Like the title says I did a no-no which was I cont. to eat after I was already full but I've been wanting fries for like a week so I wanted to eat them but I know I shouldnt of started eating them if I was already full, Do any of you cont. to eat even when you get full?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Definitely. Boredom snacking is my worst enemy, and it also happens after I've had dinner. I just want to eat!

I try to distract myself with other things. I don't always have a specific craving, except the craving to eat. It's something I'm still working on
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

All the time. Either because of a craving or because it just tastes so damn good. I CAN NOT waste food. No matter what. Even if I am full, I can not throw it out. Something just won't let me. Even though my parents never forced me to finish my plate as a child, I still can not throw any food in the garbage. Plus, if I take too much and its on my plate, I have a very hard time putting it back in the fridge. Instead, I have to eat it all... even when I feel like I could explode!

I have learned to only take small portions. If I am hungry, I can go back for more, but having it separate from my plate makes me less likely to feel the massive urge to eat everything.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah! It almost happened last night. I tried a new recipe and had two servings because it tasted soooo good. I almost went back for a 3rd even though I was full. I put my plate in the kitchen and told myself to wait, if I really was still hungry then I could have another.

I distracted myself by reading and never thought about the food again. I have to keep my mind occupied or I'll convince myself that I'm still hungry even when I know I'm not.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Thanks to everyone that answered back, Im really glad to know Im not the only one who eats more even after they are full
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/198/150

Height: 5'5

Yessssss. I just did tonight! >_< Ill get back on the track. I realized I usually overeat when the food supply is low though lol
leecpieces91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Yes I do this when I am stressed or eating out and don't want to food I paid a lot of money for to go to waste. At home I tend to do if from time to time but now when I'm stressed I take baths instead of eating chocolate or something.
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #8  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

I've been doing really well, but I have still done this. I have a lot of stomach issues related to my gallbladder surgey. When my stomach is empty, I get these excruciating pains that run all through my abdominal area. My stomach will start to growl and that's when I know I better run to the kitchen to get some crackers or if it's too late, get ready for the pain. I don't know if it's my stomach actually growling because it's hungry, or a different feeling of the pain coming on. It just kind of feels the same.

So with that said, I'm afraid to have an empty stomach. I had these "attacks" as I call them for over an hour this morning. They seem to be getting worse as I am changing my diet, which is scary in itself, but I am doing the best that I can. That is all you can do. Just keep trying. You've already got past the biggest step, recognizing the problem and knowing what to do about it. All we have to do now is work hard and wait. Waiting is the hardest part I think, because we work so hard we want to see the results fast, but waiting is half the battle and it doesn't take any physical effort, it's just a mind thing.
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #9  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah, definitely. Often I just want...a different taste? Like after dinner even if I'm stuffed I want to nibble on something sweet for a different taste in my mouth. You would think I'd know by now just to go brush my teeth, heh.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #10  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Definitely! For many reasons - sometimes it's sheer boredom, sometimes it's emotional upset, sometimes it's because it tastes really good, etc. Like others, I've learned to avoid triggering situations or deal with them in different ways, so it's less of a problem now. There are still some particular foods I can't very effectively control myself with, though; watermelon and popcorn come to mind. I just eat as much as I want of them (airpopped and unsalted/unbuttered in popcorn's case) and count it as a meal.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Sometimes what helps is not having them around. It doesn't take very long to cut one potato and bake your fries instead of going out for fast food to get them, and you save about 200 calories doing that!

I find that if I only make one portion of something like fries, it's easier for me to control. If I make an entire dish, I portion and freeze so I can not only have quick and healthy homemade meals, but so that I don't pick at leftover food that is available. I may take an extra spoon or forkful or something, but I won't heat up an entire extra meal serving just to do so!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I find it hard to say no to food offered to me. I could have a light dinner around 7PM and be good for the night. But if someone comes home with McDonalds after 9PM then I want to eat that too. Almost every time I dine out I get full before I can finish my meal and yet I'll still continue to eat it. Sometimes I'll get a doggie bag, but it's like I feel obligated to clean my plate.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #13  
Never quit! :)

S/C/G: 260/238/175

Height: 6'2

If you want fries, eat them! Don't forbid yourself from them because you'll want them even more. Just eat very slowly and try for 20 chews each time and ask the question in your head 'am i full?' be in tune with yourself, you'll notice you're not hungry any more and you may have some spare fries to boot! These no-no's will be a YES-YES!!!
MickyPick92 is offline   Reply With Quote