View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

That's so special! Yay for you! I'm glad you can enjoy them now, and I know she knows how much they mean to you.

My favorite Aunt is in an alzheimers home now, and before she got really bad, she had me come over and gave me her antique china cabinet and all of her depression glass dishes. We had collected most of it together it over my lifetime -- lots of fun hours in flea markets! She collected the pattern Miss America and always called me "her Miss America," though she hasn't been able to recall my name in several years now. sigh... I love her so. I'm so proud to have it. I'm the only one that I know of that she actually gave anything to. Her boys sold most everything else when they sold her home... what a shame. SO, cherish those thimbles. They mean a lot!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote