Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 02:34 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #9

Welcome to the November edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
Old 11-01-2003, 02:47 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Talking and what a morning it is!

Good morning everyone. I logged-on and was revving up for a new month and thus, started the new thread.

So are we suffering the after-effects of a candy overload? Or maybe a night of Halloween partying? (Kempy, we want pics!)
Hope all of you had your fun and now it's back to business! Any ideas for a November challenge? Any tips for getting through the next slew of holiday food madness? My goals for this month are to maintain what I've lost so far. I will be on a 10-day trip leaving next Saturday and frankly, I don't know what kind of exercise I'll be getting in. I know I'll be doing a lot of walking but it's the stop-and-shop-till-you-drop variety . The Thai people don't eat very large portions so as long as I eat in their style, I shouldn't have a problem. Any loss this month will be wonderful.

I am totally AMAZED at myself today for 2 reasons:
#1) I only had 1 piece of candy yesterday--a mini york peppermint patty and
#2) at my WW weigh-in this morning I was down -3.4 lbs . I can not tell you how happy I am this morning. I think this positive mood can carry me through any rough spots this weekend. I am woman, hear me ROAR!!!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #3  

Noelle you are AWESOME!!!! Gosh you are doing so great. Are you eating alot of fruits and vegetables daily? Come on tell us what you are doing!!!! Great job sticking to one piece of candy yesterday. Boy am I going to miss you when you are on your trip. You are doing so well its so great hearing about it.

Angie how did your daughters dance go?

Kempy can't wait to hear about the party!

Hello everyone else. Hope everyone has a fun weekend. Julie
Old 11-02-2003, 09:59 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Well, I finally get a minute to post.

Cherie, Your girls are beautiful.

Noelle, WAY TO GO!!! Thanks for starting the new thread.

Jacks, Dont feel too bad about the candy, if you saw all the crap I have eaten in the past week you would die.

Julie, yeah, I caved to the Halloween temptation and everything else. Brit's dance was fun for her. Alicia went trick or treating as a goth girl again. She looks so damn cute as a goth girl. We put black streakes in her hair and Brit has fake belly button rings so we put one in her lip and one in her nose and everybody thought they were real.

We decided that yesterday since it was in the 70's(?????) we might want to do something fun because more than likely that really WAS the last good day of the year so we got in the car and drove 2 1/2 hours to Old Orchard Beach. (yet again another place in Maine that I have never been too) It is beautiful there. 7 miles of sandy beach, a boardwalk,an amusement park and tons of shops. Everything was boarded up and closed because the tourist season is done but that is the way I would like it. I hate crowds. We walked about 4 miles of the beach and picked up a bunch of sanddollars(the only thing we couldnt find anywhere else) It was a very fun day. I didnt get any chores done around the house but we had fun.

Okay, I learned last week that I dont take well to the scales going up for no reason and I will react out of spite and eat myself into a frenzy. I swear to god I am bloated up 10 pounds from 141. How is that possible I do not know but I vow today to start a healthier way of eating for at least the next 2 months until my trip. So my goal for this month is to eat healthy and hope the rest all falls into place.(ps: I still have exercised everyday even though no fruits or veggies have touched my lips in 2 weeks so that is my small success).
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I did well all day yesterday dietwise and then last night I raided the kids candy. But all in all it was still a better day then I have had in a week. Today the candy is all bagged up and Jay is going to drop it in my dads car at the mill.

Kempy, How was your party? Did you dress up the dogs? I wont even ask about the cats because I know they wouldnt allow it. I used to dress my cats up in the kids baby clothes.

I didnt get in a walk this morning so now I am trying to talk myself into getting on my elliptical.

Noelle, wow you are leaving Saturday? How can you control yourself. I would be so excited I wouldnt get anything done this week. I hope you have fun.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Well, I just worked out for 1/2 an hour inside. It started to sprinkle outside after I was done. Where is everyone today?
Old 11-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #7  

Goodmorning girls

It was kind of slow around here the last several days. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am totally wanting to get back on track this weekend after way to much eating. Last night I baked spiced pumpkin bread and broke down and had some. Its one of those things you just have to have.

Great job Angie on working out this a.m. I need to get going on that myself.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday

I hate Mondays.... well, not really, but I am going to make this a good Monday. One good thing I am thankful for is:

THE WEEKEND IS OVER!!!! Halloween is over, yes, I gorged myself on candy... but that is over too. This morning, I've started back on track. I have eaten healthy, and been drinking my water, and I am ready to go run after work.

Today is my payroll Monday, so I've been very busy trying to get all that together. Tomorrow, I have another payroll running, so I may be scarce tomorrow as well.

I am up 4 pounds from two weeks ago. Today I my TOM started, so because of both of those things.. I am getting my butt back on track.

Three weeks til Alan comes back to town, so my goal this month is to get past those 4 pounds I have regained... add three more to lose, and the MAINTAIN THAT through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Tomorrow is my daughter's 6th birthday, so we are going to make cookies tonight for her class, and I will probably end up making her some cup cakes for home... so she and Megan can have a treat. I don't want them. I want to be skinny! :-)

Julie.... your baking sounds delightful!!!! YUM... Pumpkin is one of my favorites, and my daughter wants me to make a pumpkin pie, even though she has never had it, she is obsessed now with me making a pie.... That is one of my favorites... so I don't need it in my house!! Hahahaha.. what to do!!!

Angie... sounds like you had a great weekend, glad you enjoyed yourself. I wish I could bag up the candy and send it away... but since the girls are with me I can't really do that. I can't put it in the freezer because I have no room, and I don't have a deep freeze, so I would be staring at it every day anyway.... so... I guess I am going to have to just fall back on my will power and build that back up again!

Noelle you are an inspiration!!! WTG on your loss! You are doing fantastic girlie!!! Keep it up! And Thanks for starting up the new thread!!!

I will have to go back and see the old posts.... since I was MIA all weekend, but I am here.. still working at it!!!

Have a great Monday!

Cherie
Old 11-03-2003, 03:44 PM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Okay, I am so mad right now. My daughter who is 12 feels that it is okay to hit me or kick me when she feels the urge!! Today after school she tried to convince us that she would get in trouble if she rode the bus to school if the bus was late so we laughed and said we arent stupid she isnt going to get in trouble if the bus is late. (she took off on the twins this morning and our rule is they must all stay togehter to walk to school especially since some guy tried to take a 10 year old last week) Well anyways it must have pissed her off becuase she kicked me in the shin. I went to grab her and then caught myself and sent her to her room. So why are parents not allowed to spank their kids again?!!? My dad had no problem spanking us if we got out of line and I would NEVER dream of hitting my parents(I dont even swear in front of them*and I swear like a trucker*) My kids have no respect at all for us and it is so pissing me off because with every year comes they get bolder. I wrote down her punishment for kicking: She is going to bed at 7:30 every night,no phone,no going out,no walking to school. That is my little rant for the day.

Cherie, I have bloated up pretty bad myself. I cant even wear my size 8 jeans this week. YIKES!

Julie, spiced pumpkin bread sounds so good. I make pumpkin rolls in the bakery and they smell so good while they are baking.

Well, I have to squeeze in a little walk while it is still light outside.

Kempy, WHERE ARE YA??
Old 11-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Thumbs up *Intermittent Outages*

Rrrrr! I had a nice long post going on and went to submit it and then *poof* , it was gone...I couldn't get back on the site for a while but now I'm back. I'm busy right now but just wanted to pop in and say I'm around.

Angie honey, I know what you mean! My niece (who just made 15) is the same way with my sister. She even called the cops on my sisters BF (they all live in the same house) because he grabbed her by the arm to tell her to apologize to her mother! It's unbelievable. I know that you're a good mom and think that the way you handled it was great. Make sure you enforce those punishments, even if they're not corporal. I'd want to grab 'em by the neck and start whaling on 'em. I feel for you.

I'll be back in a while...gotta get busy.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #11  

Oh Angie, sorry about the bad time with daughter. I hope it passes and she starts to respect you more. Btw are Cherie and us the only ones here today? Kinda lonely here today.

I wonder how Tonya is doing, I know her father was sick, I hope everything is okay?
I am thinking of you Tonya if you read this.

Well I have no idea what to make for dinner. I know what I would like would be a plate of all the left over chocolates, hehehe!

Julie

Old 11-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #12  

Hi Noelle you snuck in on me! Glad to hear from you. I have been having problems at times getting on today too!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Oh Angie.... You handled it MUCH better than I would have. I grew up getting spankings and feared my mother when she got angry. I wish I could get even PART of that fear out of my girls. I admit, I do spank them, but they are still young and not big enough to "fight" back . Now that sounds really bad.... I don't whip them like I was growing up, but I do bust their bottoms at times.

You handled it well, I guess the best thing is to get her where it hurts, and if that is going to be, and having no phone, computer, tv etc, then perhaps it will work. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Julie, a plate full of chocolate sounds great to me too.. however.. I have committed to a 21 day no chocolate challenge.. and will stick to it. I need to detox myself once again from all this sugar. Today, I have been doing well, but those nasty cravings are still there. Tonight will be a test, since it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow and we are going to make cookies for her class. Sigh... I just want to be skinny... keep saying that... I have so much more fun when I feel good about myself, instead of feeling bloated and fat. As long as I can keep that in mind, then perhaps I can stay on track this week! And This month!

Noelle.. I was having problems earlier with this site too.... was thinking my server was going to start blocking it... THANK GOODNESS that wasn't the case!!!

Ok... back to work.. I am trying to transmit my payroll.. but the darn system is going so slow!!!!

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 11-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am having such a hard time sticking to my diet today. I have been good but I have overindulged in the tootsie rolls. I through the rest in the trash so I dont have to look at em.

Thanks for the support guys. . I just keep saying 6 more years and she will be an adult and at least I know I did what I could to try to teach her right from wrong. My dad has this voice and it was all he ever needed for me and my sis. When he used it we knew he meant business even though he never really had to spank us that much...we just knew he would if we pushed him. I think my problem has always been not sticking to the punishment because when they calm down they are sweet so then I feel bad punishing them(stupid I know. ) I am really worried about when she gets to be like 16 because I swear, the first time she hits me in the face she will be picking herself up off the floor.

Parenting is so much fun sometimes. haha

I need to get serious about dieting here or I am going to feel bad when I go to Florida. I think I will try to stay away from the scales for the month and just try to be as good as I can.

Is Dips back yet? We miss you.

Tonya, How are you doing? We miss you too.

Last edited by angieME; 11-04-2003 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! Where did everybody go?

We just walked 3 miles and it is so cold outside this morning that I couldnt feel my thumb by the time we got home. They are calling for snow/freezing rain and ice tonight. YEAH!!!! Can ya feel my excitement? haha

I gotta shower and go grocery shopping. I will check back later.
Closed Thread