CHILI MAC-Phase 1
I made this today for dinner and it was YUMMY! It wasn't thick bc we can't use thickeners but it was hearty and great and will probably be an even better winter recipe.
1 package sliced mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms
1/2 green onion diced(can be more depending on your taste)
1 lb lean ground turkey, beef, or chicken
1 package tofu macaroni (House foods Tofu Shirataki-20 cal/one net carb-2 servings for the whole package)
2 cups diced tomatoes or one can undrained diced tomatoes (make sure no added sugar)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp red crushed pepper
1 tbsp hot sauce
1-2 packets stevia (optional)
1. Spray a non-stick pan with Pam and add mushrooms and salt. Cook until almost soft and add diced green pepper. Cook until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Brown ground meat. Add seasoned salt. While meat is browsing, open and rinse tofu noodles in a strainer.
3. Cook meat until just done. Drain and stir in mushroom pepper mixture.
4. Stir in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and hot sauce to taste.
5. Stir in Tofu noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let summer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Taste and if too hot stir in stevia.
You can also stir in onions after cooking.
Makes 4 servings.