South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - August 10 & 11

Good morning. We finally have a day of sunshine predicted! It will be wonderful to not see rain for a while after weeks of a wee shower every afternoon.

I'm about to go into overdrive as we not only have the cafe open for lunch but have our chicken BBQ down in the park at 4! I had no idea how much work this would involve. Luckily I have a man with a truck to move stuff down there. I still need to ice two large pineapple cakes and do the tickets so I won't linger.

Hope your weekend is starting off well. (If you get bored, come on up here!)
Old 08-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I would love to come up there and help out Ruth! Would I get rewarded with a glass of wine tonight?! I hope you enjoy your day, busy as it may be!

Welcome, Seabiscuit! We hope you enjoy it here and check in often

I haven't checked the weather, it would be nice to get some sun today. I'm off to work shortly, then housework, and maybe fishing tonight. My DS is horrified by eating fish we catch, so he isn't too enthusiastic about going anymore. (until he catches one...)

Enjoy the day!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks!

Welcome to Amy. Be sure to check out the recipe and FAQ sections, you'll find a great wealth of info. I am starting on my 3rd year of SB and I owe my success to this site.

Ruth, I am so impressed with all that you do in your community. Nowadays so many people choose to not be involved and are simply self-absorbed. Your little town sounds like a great place to live.

Tammy, have a good day at work and have fun fishing.

Today there is a local fishing tournament and while I'm not that excited about the tournament part, I am hoping to talk DH into going to the craft/food/wine show that is being held in conjunction with it. I missed our own village summer festival which was held the weekend I was on crutches and was bummed about that.

to all the other chicks to come later!

Last edited by Beth19; 08-10-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We're headed over to Vail to walk around. It's a nice day! My bro asked for a Chevy Malibu and got a Mercedes for the same price. How come that never happens to me?? Food has been OP, even with all the eating out. I'm always excited about that. There are so many good things to enjoy without crossing the line into foods that don't bode so well with my body. (I did have FF's last eve...better than baked potato, right.)

Twynn, I hope work is a breeze!

Beth, enjoy the craft/wine fair.

Ruth, I wish I could drop by to help!

Amy,
Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Our internet is finally up again at the house, I got most of the house cleaning done while the tech was working on the lines. Just have a few things to go

We are going to Six Flags today for a Christian Concert it is a nice day as well so this has worked out well.

Ruth you have a busy day today hope all goes well

Twynn enjoy your fishing later

Beth hope you get to go to the craft fair

Debbie great job staying op.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 08-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, ladies...just popping in to say hello.

Welcome to the beach, seabiscuit! I'm sure there are some people this way of life doesn't work for, but for me it's the only thing that HAS worked. Don't be afraid to ask us questions...there are a lot of very knowledgable people on this forum!

Don't know when I last updated you ladies, but I've got my household down to just me, my mom, and my dog at this point. I paid my car off last month and removed my nephew from my car insurance and cellphone plan. My bills have dropped $500 per month! I'm getting my doctor's appointments out of the way while I still have insurance and then I'll be putting in my 2 weeks notice at work and heading up to Massachusetts...w/ no job. It's scary and I am petrified of not being able to make it, but I'm going to take the leap of faith and trust it will work out. Fingers crossed, ladies!

Back to work!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunny Sunday again with moderate temperatures but the smell of fall is in the air. I feel as though the summer is slipping away quickly and am planning to make the most of the days left.

The chicken BBQ yesterday was a success. We did have a few chickens left but they are now stashed in the freezer for chicken salad sandwiches in the cafe over the three remaining weekends. Today I'll finish counting the take, pay some bills and get the rest safely into the bank.

Next weekend I am going to my son's cottage for the weekend. It's a long drive with part of it through the Gatineau Hills but will be worth it. I have not yet seen the place which they bought several years ago. I feel really guilty about that but weekends just slip away on me. Should be a good weekend and a quality time to spend time with Jim, Wendy and my grandchild Taylor. My DD, Mary-Ellen, is coming in September for a week's visit. I have a family wedding just before she comes so I'll be pretty familied-up by the time October rolls around.

Sure hope Cottage and her "girls" are enjoying their bonus vacation in the wilds of NY State. She called me yesterday to ask if I could join her but it just won't work this week. I feel like I've just missed out on a visit with my "other" family and would have enjoyed finally meeting Cyndi.

On I go with the day. What are you doing? A day of rest or a day of doing?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Glad you had a successful day yesterday Ruth, and what a great idea to use the chicken for the cafe. You have a busy couple months coming up! The drive especially sounds beautiful.

Work was okay yesterday, and then I got some errands done, a nice supper, and then a campfire with friends . It's looking pretty dreary today, which is not great for DS to be having a bday party to go to. No specific plans today, but we're supposed to be going camping this coming weekend that I need to get my ducks in a row for.

Coffee is done! (slowest.brewer.ever.)
Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, sorry I missed everyone yesterday. Was out of the house way too early. Went to Joe's we were "supposed" to try and accomplish the never ending to do list. instead we went car shopping. I was drained by the end if the day and could not wait to get home. I think my hormones were acting up too because I was kinda blah and snippy.

Well today is a new day so none of that. Cooking, weeding and riding are the plans for the day.

Ruth sounds like the BBQ was a big hit. Love the idea of saving the chickens for the cafe

Tammy I am making the Creamy Mexican Chicken today (again) Always think of you when I do. BTW I never eat the fish I catch either lol

Natasha WTG!!! You are taking a huge step following your dreams. Enjoy it!!!

To all the others yet to come Hi and have a great day
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We didn't get home until way past my bedtime last night. I love my bros but am getting event and food weary. We meet for brunch today then they fly away. I will be glad to get back to my busy yet predictable life.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have finally decided to tackle the girls room myself since I would be waiting until I am dead for them to do it. The closet is done and DD2 drawers are done. Now I will get the toys tackled and I am still going to leave the floors and clothes to DD1 for her to tackle. I just couldn't take the closet they could not even see what was in there to wear.

Natasha way to go, my insurance person (new who took over retired agent) has been bugging me to come in and review everything finally went in and they have not been giving me DS a couple of discounts so my insurance should go down a bit. Glad he bugged me lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday afternoon it looks to be glorious here so I will need to make some outside time as well.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #12  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Hey everyone, thank you for the welcome!

Hi

Thank you so much to everyone for the welcome.

I am looking forward to getting The South Beach Diet Wake-Up Call book, I ordered it from my local bookshop the other day. I think that this program makes a lot of sense, now if I can only apply the principles to my life! I have found that Phase 1 is a bit restrictive for me, but the whole backbone of the program is very practical and helpful.

It would be nice if I could find some people in real life who want to lose weight and meet up with them. I am not sure how I would go about that, I have tried OA and they have an okay program but it is rigorous and strict, it actually drove me a little crazy. Weight Watchers is a good program too, but it gets expensive.
Maybe I will meet some people at my YMCA, I am about to renew my membership there today or tomorrow.

Well, it is great getting to know all of you!

Amy
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Welcome Seabiscuit!

I only did P1 of South Beach once when SB was introduced years ago. By that time in my life I had already switched to whole foods but even when eating right you can eat too much of a good thing. lol The other advantages I had was I don't have a sweet tooth and was never a pop drinker. I had the right foods in place and I just had to know how to use them for weight loss.

P1 isn't really necessary unless you have a problem with white flour, carbs, etc. and need to detox to get on track. As I already mentioned I did P1 once when SB first came out and since have always done P2 (or an altered version of it). I found I lost the same amount of weight in that first week's time regardless of which Phase I was on.

On that note, I am into day 5 of my first week back on the beach and I feel great! I've been struggling for months to get back on track and for some reason this last week clicked. I hope I can keep the momentum going.

Last edited by seachick; 08-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Smile happy Sunday

Hi all just saying hello!

I posted a bio and look forward to getting to know you. I plan to weigh in tomorrow morning and start my adapted SB plan...so wish me luck.

Is anyone else here eating gluten-free? I have to and have been for months so if anyone else finds it helps let me know. I ordered the SB Gluten book and it should arrive Tuesday.

Can anyone tell me what's up with the blogs? I wanted to start one in 3FC but it keeps saying it's been disabled. I hope that isn't permanent.

Hope you are all having a great weekend and feeling powerful!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Annette, see I read your bio I am not a 100 % gluten free more like 99.5% I have some digestive issues (no celiac), but a bacteria that has been reeking havoc on my intestines. I do find being mostly gluten free really helps me. I am no longer sluggish or bloated which feels great.

Not sure about the blogs, maybe one of the moderators could help you.

Great job seachick!!!

Seabiscuit I find the support here is more than enough. Anytime I've had a question, concern, bad day (food or emotion wise) someone always has the right thing to say or some insight that I may have overlooked.

OK back to weeding it's a jungle out there lol
Closed Thread