Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Teppanyaki Regina

We have family in town tonight and they want to go here for supper. Does any one in the regina area know if I can eat here. I wouldn't get the sauce but what about what they cook the vegetables in? Worst case scenario I suppose I could just get sashimi...any insight would be appreciated.
Wesstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesstrom View Post
We have family in town tonight and they want to go here for supper. Does any one in the regina area know if I can eat here. I wouldn't get the sauce but what about what they cook the vegetables in? Worst case scenario I suppose I could just get sashimi...any insight would be appreciated.
I am not much help because I haven't been there for years but think the mixture they use on the grill is oil/water?
I am sure they would steam your veggies if you ask and then the oil would count towards your 2tsp.
Good luck!
I have a lunch at the freehouse today - my first meal out lol so I was thinking like you - worst case scenario I have a coffee/water and a good visit
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #3  

Thanks for the reply, enjoy the free house!!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesstrom View Post
Thanks for the reply, enjoy the free house!!
You will have to let me know how it goes!

Lol freehouse was a bust - took almost an hour and no food and had to get back to work so left - at least the company was good!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #5  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I drove by there the other day and it looked closed! If not, let me know. I think the oil might be a problem but if eating out, it seems like a good option, providing its still open!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #6  
On plan since June 23/13

By the way, nice to chat with Regina folks!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #7  

Smile

It is open Monday to Saturday but only after 5? It was good. I had sashimi for an appy split with my husband. Asked for no dressing on the salad...but forgot they put noodles in it so had to eat around those. I said no to the rice obviously. They appeared to cook with oil water and butter which I didn't get to concerned about. They put an oyster sauce and seasame seeds on the veggies, I asked what it was, and just asked not have it on mine and it was not a problem at all. I had saved some wasabi from the sashimi and used it on my veggies and scallops.

All in all I thought it was a good option in the end.

It is nice to talk to fellow reginians

Last edited by Wesstrom; 08-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #8  

Oh and that blows about the free house. They should have the lunch thing down to science. Glad you enjoyed the company at least, and hope you had something at your work to eat so you didn't go hungry all afternoon.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #9  

sounds like a good supper!
Ya it is pretty cool that there are at least three that I have seen so far on here - I didnt realize there were so many clinics in the city either! - If you go to the simply ideal one they have a fb group as well
Maxxy are you going on holidays soon I saw - have fun on them!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #10  
On plan since June 23/13

hello Regina! We are in vacation this week but just doing a little golfing and a little time in the motorhome. Staying totally on track!

What other Regina spots work for eating out? Any suggestions? Not that I M eating out lots right now, but always good to have options!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #11  

Awesome job planning on vacation!
we have been tossing around the idea of getting a motorhome - a cottage on wheels - and probably the best way for us to travel with two big dogs!

Not sure about eating out because I am only on week 3 and have only gone out once takeout food and restaurants were my downfall so not in a hurry to get back to them - we had a steak nite the other night and i requested my steak be cooked with no oil or butter (i think a lot of places brush garlic butter on them) and then xtra garden salad instead of the fries (and i brought a container of my own dressing) and gave my beer away
lol the steak was SO small compared to the regular 8oz - I am getting spoiled! (I love meat!)
I think if we just order smart most places are pretty accomodating?
Let me know if you find any good ones too!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #12  

I haven't really eaten out either did original joes once and aside from a $19 salmon there wasn't a lot of options. I ended up with a salad with about 3 things left off and asked for lemon wedges instead of dressing. They were very accommodating which was a relief. For the most part I haven't really wanted to eat at resturants as I'm in more control at home, I haven't missed out on socializing though as we go to a lot of bbqs at friends.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #13  
On plan since June 23/13

I do agree. We don't go out much now. I have a couple friends on IP now and we get together and bbq .

Somedays would be nice to go for a nice lunch out but if we go out at work for lunch, I have a shake before we go and then just order a dinner salad. I'm usually full from the shake and can pick at my salad.